270soft Forum

Redraw the States to Help Hillary Clinton

I was able to make Hillary win in 3 moves. Give Lake County, IL to Wisconsin. Give Lucas County, OH to Michigan. Give Camden County, NJ to Pennsylvania.

12 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I was able to make Hillary win in 3 moves. Give Lake County, IL to Wisconsin. Give Lucas County, OH to Michigan. Give Camden County, NJ to Pennsylvania.

Yeah,  it makes the EC look ridiculous. You did better than I did. Five counties was the best I could do. I did the first and 3rd thing you did to flip WI and and PA. 

If you give the entire north part of Michigan---that part that's really attached to Wisconsin to Wisconsin, Michigan flips. 

I flipped Florida by giving the Florida panhandle to Alabama and part of the northern part to Georgia. 

Flipping Arizona was easy by giving them a county of California. 

For fun I put all the top 25 counties and gave it to DC. However, they DC EV never increased, so it just gave Trump a landslide win despit his PV probably falling to like 30% or something. 

I made it 271-267 with Clinton winning by simply giving three counties, one from CA and two from NY, to TX.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I made it 271-267 with Clinton winning by simply giving three counties, one from CA and two from NY, to TX.

Yeah, there's a lot of ways to win if you make the counties not connect with the state they belong to. I made all the population zones into one giant state of Virginia. VA alone was enough to win an election. 

The goal, however, is to try and move border counties to the bordering state to change the election. 

14 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is actually kind of fun, but it also shows you how ridiculous the electoral college is: https://kevinhayeswilson.com/redraw/

I don't think such effort is truly warranted. I don't really feel she would have made a better President - just a different form of horrible. Remember all of the things I was saying about the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election when the nominations were firmly made at the time, and the bleak forecast I had for it's results and candidates (saying in if I lived in the U.S., most of them were so horrid and/or incompetent, I would have voted for Rocky De La Fuante as the least of all evils). I still stand by that. What a horrid election - and what SHOULD have been a big wake-up call that the EC and solid, corrupt, rigged two-party-system had failed the nation utterly and needed to go - SHOULD have been...

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I don't think such effort is truly warranted. I don't really feel she would have made a better President - just a different form of horrible. Remember all of the things I was saying about the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election when the nominations were firmly made at the time, and the bleak forecast I had for it's results and candidates (saying in if I lived in the U.S., most of them were so horrid and/or incompetent, I would have voted for Rocky De La Fuante as the least of all evils). I still stand by that. What a horrid election - and what SHOULD have been a big wake-up call that the EC and solid, corrupt, rigged two-party-system had failed the nation utterly and needed to go - SHOULD have been...

I think she was a bad candidate, but to me it is inconcievable that her bundle of awfulness is equivalent to Trump's bundle of awfulness. It's like comparing a grenade with a hydrogen bomb and saying they're both equally damaging. 

13 minutes ago, MishFox said:

1213045820_ScreenShot2019-11-08at10_42_03PM.png.37e9743b186adae4a46c7a804d4ffd3e.png

did this once and made every state blue. 

Ha!!! That's the most gerrymandered map I've ever seen. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, avatarmushi said:

Moving Lucus, OH to Michigan and Camden, NJ to Pennsylvania gets Clinton to 270 with only 2 county moves

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 4.54.15 AM.png

technichally it wouldnt work since ME-02 would still go red, but this map doesnt take that into account