270soft Forum

2016 Election Redux

2016 Election Redux  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Hillary Clinton would have won the 2016 Election had she faced....... (Keep in mind she won the PV vs Trump but lost the EC)

• John Kasich
    • Ted Cruz
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • She would have lost the EC against these candidates just as she had against Trump
  2. 2. Hillary Clinton was fortunately to face Trump in the GE, since he was the weakest and most nationally unfavorable candidate for the GOP

3. 3. If Hillary Clinton had won, which of the following do you think are likely to have been true?

• Her average approval rating would be higher than Trump's average approval (40-43% for Trump)
    • She would have handled managing the coronavirus outbreak better than Trump
    • The economy would have been stronger pre-coronavirus under Clinton economic and trade policies than Trump economic and trade policies.
    • We would like be at open war in Syria under a Clinton administration
    • Clinton would have been tougher on Russia
    • Clinton would have been toughter on China
    • Clinton's scandals would be much greater than Trump's scandals
    • Clinton would have sided with the BLM protesters at Charlottesville and in the recent protests.
    • Clinton would be wearing a mask publicly
    • Clinton would have appointed two liberal judges, presuming McConnell didn't Merrick Garland both choices.
    • Clinton would have handled the immigration crisis (including the family seperation scandals) much better than Trump
    • Clinton would be facing a tough reelection cycle right now
    • Clinton's opponent would be leading in the polls for the 2020 election.
    • Clinton would have been impeached or worse
    • Clinton would be leading her GOP challenger in the polls right now
    • Clinton would insult people on Twitter very similar to Trump
    • Foreign relations on the whole would be better under Clinton than Trump
    • Domestic policies on the whole would be better under Clinton than Trump
    • We would have been better off with Clinton as president than with Trump as president
    • None of the above are true.
  4. 4. Who did you support in 2016?

• Clinton
    • Trump
    • 3rd party or was uninterested in either
  5. 5. Who do you think you'll support in 2020?

• Biden
    • Trump
    • 3rd party or not interested in supporting anyone

I think Trump was the 2nd weakest candidate vs. Clinton. I think Clinton would have beat Cruz. 

To be fair, we probably wouldn't have been better off with a Clinton administration, especially since we'd likely be at open war with Russia by now.

3 hours ago, Wiw said:

To be fair, we probably wouldn't have been better off with a Clinton administration, especially since we'd likely be at open war with Russia by now.

Correction - we'd at the exposition for "Wasteland," "Fallout," "Mad Max," "Threads," and the "Chrysalid" right now. The actual "war," wouldn't last long, but would have by far the highest death rate of any conflict in history...

"(Nuclear) Winter is Coming!"

So, I disagree with that being a better state of affairs.

In question 5, I chose 3rd party because I can't firmly say who I'd vote for since the election is still months away (and I always do my due diligence before submitting a ballot).

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

In question 5, I chose 3rd party because I can't firmly say who I'd vote for since the election is still months away (and I always do my due diligence before submitting a ballot).

I assume you'd be consider Trump or Libertarians, rather than considering Biden

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I assume you'd be consider Trump or Libertarians, rather than considering Biden

Correct, I will absolutely not be voting for Biden (or any leftist 3rd party).

19 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Correct, I will absolutely not be voting for Biden (or any leftist 3rd party).

You have to admit, some of the right-wing Independents in 2016, at least, were pretty horrible - like Blitzerian, and the Florida hate-mongering Church guy. Even McMullin had to be given a mine of salt for integrity as a former CIA agent.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Correction - we'd at the exposition for "Wasteland," "Fallout," "Mad Max," "Threads," and the "Chrysalid" right now. The actual "war," wouldn't last long, but would have by far the highest death rate of any conflict in history...

"(Nuclear) Winter is Coming!"

So, I disagree with that being a better state of affairs.

The way things are looking, it's probably going to happen anyway.

Just now, Wiw said:

The way things are looking, it's probably going to happen anyway.

Why don't you stop posting here and found a Doomsday cult, instead?

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why don't you stop posting here and found a Doomsday cult, instead?

I don't know why you bog yourself down into these argumentative Vietnam Wars. They aren't going to be constructive and no one will be conviced. You're just raising your own blood pressure or wasting your time. I try to avoid these things. I'm not sure what the benefit or appeal is to engaging with people when their ideas have already jumped the cliff of delusion. 

4 hours ago, Wiw said:

Wait... you think I'm deluded?

I agree with @Patine that you are too prone to a "Sky is Falling" mentality that, while possible sometime in the distant future, seems completely devoid of reality for the present and near future. It's like you have an odd love-hate relationship with apocalypse---a sort of secular version of the "End of Days" fanaticism that some religious people have. I'm sure you are of sound mind in many other areas of thought and observation, but you seem askew here. 

9 hours ago, Patine said:

You have to admit, some of the right-wing Independents in 2016, at least, were pretty horrible - like Blitzerian, and the Florida hate-mongering Church guy. Even McMullin had to be given a mine of salt for integrity as a former CIA agent.

For sure. Even Gary Johnson was a disaster. People complain about the 2 party system in American, but 3rd parties are usually not any better themselves.