270soft Forum

Could Kanye Ever Seriously Enter Politics?

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

What exactly do you mean by the term, "God's Country," exactly? I'm just curious.

It's his next album lol, I was mentioning it to someone who I assume knows so I figured he'd get it.

Also the meltdown over this on social media is absolutely hilarious. To think so little of your candidate that you're worried of Kanye Omari West, a bipolar person who can't go five minutes without saying something like "black people's fault they were enslaved" is going to drain votes.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, wolves said:

Also the meltdown over this on social media is absolutely hilarious. To think so little of your candidate that you're worried of Kanye Omari West, a bipolar person who can't go five minutes without saying something like "black people's fault they were enslaved" is going to drain votes.

Well, that is a prime symptom of the enstupidation of a huge bulk of the American populace, @wolves. And it's heavily infected both the "left," and "right," on the political spectrum there. If THAT'S not a clear sign of the Deep Decline of a Once Great Empire and Civilization, I don't know what is.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

20200704_175203.jpg

Most likely means absolutely nothing this time around. I doubt he understands the ballot access situation that he'd have to deal with. This is probably just a publicity show (which has worked masterfully). I wouldn't be surprised if he does run for something in the future.

2 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

People are gonna still write Kanye in anyway. It happened to Bernie in 2016.

Kanye West is not remotely comparable to Bernie Sanders.

14 minutes ago, Wiw said:

It occurs to me that he will likely drain votes and act as a spoiler, much like McMullin was last time.

I don't really think McMullen was much a real or effective spoiler in 2016. Kanye West will likely be even less so.

I think it's hilarious that whenever a candidate entertains a third party run it seems to be one side that freaks out atleast this election cycle. It tells me their candidate is absolutely garbage. 

3 hours ago, billay said:

I think it's hilarious that whenever a candidate entertains a third party run it seems to be one side that freaks out atleast this election cycle. It tells me their candidate is absolutely garbage. 

Wouldn't it be a poignant point, at least in my case, if I thought a major party candidate in the 2020 Election was actually a "horse worth backing," and gave any confidence or faith in the short-term political future in the U.S. Presidential office to call "my candidate absolute garbage," just because I excoriate a joke like Kanye West running. Joke's on you - if a very grim and gallows humour joke - at least in calling me out in this particular instance.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:45 PM, jvikings1 said:

Most likely means absolutely nothing this time around. I doubt he understands the ballot access situation that he'd have to deal with. This is probably just a publicity show (which has worked masterfully). I wouldn't be surprised if he does run for something in the future.

It is probably a publicity show. He always does something crazy when a new album drops. I love his music and know that anytime a Kanye enters the headlines, it is a sign that a new album is about to come out soon. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be a troll and drop it on November 3rd after months of drip feeding the nation of poopity-scoop samples and a few singles. 

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

It is probably a publicity show. He always does something crazy when a new album drops. I love his music and know that anytime a Kanye enters the headlines, it is a sign that a new album is about to come out soon. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be a troll and drop it on November 3rd after months of drip feeding the nation of poopity-scoop samples and a few singles. 

Nothing ever came of Hulk Hogan's declaration on a live WWE event to run for U.S. President (I can't remember what year that was - I believe the NWO sub-group of WWE wrestlers was going to be his "party affiliation," as well, because the two main parties were run by "old men with toothpick arms in suits," or some such"). That fizzled out really quickly.

2 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

On 7/5/2020 at 5:45 PM, jvikings1 said:

Interview today he tackled the issue of FEC filing and ballot access, said he's going to make an argument based on COVID-19 for filing and is talking to lawyers about it now, he also said he's serious, picked a running mate and outlined a few policies and said that he wasn't surprised people see him as a political novice cause he "knows he is". He also said he is doing this to win but he will make a final choice in 30 days, presumably after seeing how the FEC reacts to his request to file late cause of COVID-19.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#6ae5474347aa

He's running under his new party by the way, the "Birthday Party."