Jump to content
270soft Forum

Top 8 270soft Members by Content


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

I'm still in college (entering my senior year), but last year was my busiest year of school. Plus, I had to study for the lsat at the same time. And during the last couple summers, I have been traveling for campaign jobs which don't offer me a whole lot of free time. In fact, that's what I've been doing the past month.

But, I do try and pop on every once in a while to keep up with things

Gee, I haven't been in any sort of formal, classroom educational institution for over 20 years. But I just took community college as post-secondary in my youth, as that's all my job demanded for entry pre-requisites. But a LOT of self-education, though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought this was interesting. Here's the top content providers: @mantis 15,036 (hasn't been active since 2011---9 years reigning champion at the least) @Patine 13,757 (active leader)

For some reason - it was turned off, probably because of an update along the way. Added Upvote, Thanks, Haha, and Confused reactions. First 3 give +1 to reputation. 👍

This is great because we can show that we've read a post without having to actually respond with a typed comment. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Oh, sweet! How did you end up doing on the LSAT? Graduation comes closer and closer and I know I’ll need to take the LSAT by the Spring semester at the latest. 

I did real well (and slightly better than my goal).  If you are thinking about taking it, I'd recommend studying ASAP. The sooner you start, the more you can space out studying (and avoid overload).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I did real well (and slightly better than my goal).  If you are thinking about taking it, I'd recommend studying ASAP. The sooner you start, the more you can space out studying (and avoid overload).

LSAT? I haven't heard of it. I assume it's an American-strictly, and not International Inter-Collegial program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patine said:

Gee, I haven't been in any sort of formal, classroom educational institution for over 20 years. But I just took community college as post-secondary in my youth, as that's all my job demanded for entry pre-requisites. But a LOT of self-education, though...

Honestly, that's the way to do it. The higher education system is kind of a scam IMO. However, society has put such an emphasis on it that it is necessary to success in a lot of sector. Since I'm aiming for law school, that is most definitely the case (though I'd argue law school is part of a scam as well).

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I did real well (and slightly better than my goal).  If you are thinking about taking it, I'd recommend studying ASAP. The sooner you start, the more you can space out studying (and avoid overload).

I’ve been lightly studying on and off for a few years now. My most recent diagnostic was a 152, which isn’t great but my biggest issue by far is logic games which I know is the easiest to improve upon. 

Good luck with your campaign work this election cycle!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I’ve been lightly studying on and off for a few years now. My most recent diagnostic was a 152, which isn’t great but my biggest issue by far is logic games which I know is the easiest to improve upon. 

Good luck with your campaign work this election cycle!

Ya, once you get the processes down, logic games are easy to improve on. I sucked at them early on but really focused on them during my studying.  I started out at 155, so you can easily build off of a 152 and get a solid score.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

LSAT? I haven't heard of it. I assume it's an American-strictly, and not International Inter-Collegial program.

Law School Admissions Test. It's just another standardized test that is used for admissions purposes. I believe it is an American Bar Association thing, so it only exists in the US.

 

Edit: I just looked it up and it appears Canada uses it too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvikings1 said:

Honestly, that's the way to do it. The higher education system is kind of a scam IMO. However, society has put such an emphasis on it that it is necessary to success in a lot of sector. Since I'm aiming for law school, that is most definitely the case (though I'd argue law school is part of a scam as well).

California still apparently allows you to "read law and challenge the bar exam," and is the only U.S. state left that still does (but even then, most California attorneys don't, and still attend law school). One of the characters on the old legal drama, "LA Law," apparently had that as part of their background, and it caused perennial mentions, and even a several-episode recurring judge character showing a scant attitude toward them. I believe Johnny Cochrane originally did, but got a full law degree later in his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Ya, once you get the processes down, logic games are easy to improve on. I sucked at them early on but really focused on them during my studying.  I started out at 155, so you can easily build off of a 152 and get a solid score.

I've loved logic games since I was a kid. When I was older, I had a co-worker that was taking the LSAT and he would read the logic games to me as I was working in the office of a bookstore. They were fairly easy for me. He had a harder time on them, but I think he passed the LSAT. I also took a few logic classes in undergrad, getting a 101 on the final exam. 

What's odd is that I am good at logic games and at chess, but I've never been great at mathematics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vcczar said:

I've loved logic games since I was a kid. When I was older, I had a co-worker that was taking the LSAT and he would read the logic games to me as I was working in the office of a bookstore. They were fairly easy for me. He had a harder time on them, but I think he passed the LSAT. I also took a few logic classes in undergrad, getting a 101 on the final exam. 

What's odd is that I am good at logic games and at chess, but I've never been great at mathematics. 

I've always enjoyed them as well.  The difficult part was getting it down within the time frame. I'm considering trying to fit a logic class into my senior year just for the benefit of taking one before going to law school.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I view each day as a Formula One Grand Prix thanks to this.

image.thumb.png.1525b8df7368368943a8873b98990724.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I view each day as a Formula One Grand Prix thanks to this.

image.thumb.png.1525b8df7368368943a8873b98990724.png

I need to stop being so generous with my awarding of rep points so that I can win.  VICTORY WILL BE MINE!

;c)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I need to stop being so generous with my awarding of rep points so that I can win.  VICTORY WILL BE MINE!

;c)

I never won so far hahah my best place was 2nd I guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I aaaallllmost liked this.  So close.  Old habits are hard to break!

;c)

HAHAHAHA I'll give you one for that

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...