270soft Forum

What will be the October Surprise?

Oh come on! These arent ordinary times and we have 2 gaffe machine candidates. What are people holding onto?

My guess? My sexual assault allegations vs Biden and we will have tape of Trump either using racial slurs or implying some sort of racial insult.

14 minutes ago, billay said:

Oh come on! These arent ordinary times and we have 2 gaffe machine candidates. What are people holding onto?

My guess? My sexual assault allegations vs Biden and we will have tape of Trump either using racial slurs or implying some sort of racial insult.

Those aren't surprises.

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Those aren't surprises.

Those stories will heavily dominate October IMO and could sway things. I am surprised Trump is not completely out of it at this point which tells me its going to get very ugly.

1 hour ago, billay said:

i think it would be vice versa tbh

4 hours ago, billay said:

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Those aren't surprises.

2 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

If @admin_270 puts Integrity as a high priority focus trait for the final version of the official 2020 U.S Presidential Election Scenario, he should have his head examined. :P

14 hours ago, billay said:

14 hours ago, vcczar said:

Those aren't surprises.

12 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

1 hour ago, Wiw said:

I'm betting the October Surprise will be if the October Revolution doesn't occur.

It'll probably be, "Surprise! There's no surprise! Your regularly scheduled stupid, trainwreck election will carry on as advertised."

On 6/17/2020 at 12:33 AM, billay said:

What could possibly surprise anyone about Trump?  I ask sincerely.

His speech declaring for the Presidency was, itself, racist.

And then we got an ACTUAL RECORDING of him BRAGGING about multiple sexual assaults.

And he won anyway.

What could he possibly do that would be worse?

The only thing I could see remotely surprising is if someone like Ivanka or Jared openly turned against him -- but that's not worse than bragging about sexual assaults you've committed.

Biden, of course, is held to a higher standard (as all politicians are supposed to be) and therefore has farther to fall.  And yet the absolute worst things he could do would be things that Trump has already done.  

So...I don't see October surprises mattering much this time.

10 hours ago, Actinguy said:

What could possibly surprise anyone about Trump?  I ask sincerely.

His speech declaring for the Presidency was, itself, racist.

And then we got an ACTUAL RECORDING of him BRAGGING about multiple sexual assaults.

And he won anyway.

What could he possibly do that would be worse?

The only thing I could see remotely surprising is if someone like Ivanka or Jared openly turned against him -- but that's not worse than bragging about sexual assaults you've committed.

Biden, of course, is held to a higher standard (as all politicians are supposed to be) and therefore has farther to fall.  And yet the absolute worst things he could do would be things that Trump has already done.  

So...I don't see October surprises mattering much this time.

I believe, given a big part of his platform (and one of the only consistently stuck to), the out of the blue trade wars, and his touting about his business career and finding opportunities and such, is that an economic failure, on his watch, such as what is happening now, even if the Horseman of Pestilence has delivered it, may be the one type of thing that won't deflect off of his "political Teflon."

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I believe, given a big part of his platform (and one of the only consistently stuck to), the out of the blue trade wars, and his touting about his business career and finding opportunities and such, is that an economic failure, on his watch, such as what is happening now, even if the Horseman of Pestilence has delivered it, may be the one type of thing that won't deflect off of his "political Teflon."

Mark it on the calendar folks, Patine is more optimistic about the American people than I am.

;c)

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Mark it on the calendar folks, Patine is more optimistic about the American people than I am.

;c)

Only in specific areas. :P

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Omorosa sp? Claimed to have some stuff of him using slurs on tape. Say a tape comes out with him using the N word gets released. Youd have to think that would have some damaging effects.

39 minutes ago, billay said:

Say a tape comes out with him using the N word gets released. Youd have to think that would have some damaging effects.

Would anyone even be surprised?  If such a thing did come out would we expect someone would say "Not Donald, he seemed like such a sophisticated and careful man who would never use such vulgar language. I'm so disappointed in him."

1 hour ago, billay said:

Omorosa sp? Claimed to have some stuff of him using slurs on tape. Say a tape comes out with him using the N word gets released. Youd have to think that would have some damaging effects.

Why is this one in response to me, and not @Actinguy?

7 hours ago, billay said:

Do you?  I mean, his senior advisor Steve Bannon’s only claim to fame was that he ran a website with an entire section dedicated to crimes committed by minorities.

If you care about blatant racism, you’ve already ruled out Donald Trump.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:33 AM, billay said:

Outlandish ideas:

Trump nukes China out of a show of support for the Indians during their border crisis.
Biden, in an interview, refers to Robert Byrd as "one of the few good men that was in the klan".

Turns out 5G actually gives you COVID.

Trump tweets a vague threat towards RBG saying, "Shes so old, she should retire before terrible things happen to her #maga #kag"

6 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Outlandish ideas:

Trump nukes China out of a show of support for the Indians during their border crisis.
Biden, in an interview, refers to Robert Byrd as "one of the few good men that was in the klan".

Trump tweets a vague threat towards RBG saying, "Shes so old, she should retire before terrible things happen to her #maga #kag"

That last one isn't really outlandish, then again neither is Biden's comment. I could see both of those happening. 

48 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Oh Christ no. That's terrifying!

8 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Why does EVERYONE believe this pop culture myth that the U.S. President can just launch nuclear missiles on their own discretion, decision, and whim alone, with no counter-authorizations, fail-safes, layers of protocol, and a REAL palaver around. "The button," or "the Presidential nuclear codes," is purely Hollywood - and it's amazing how many times I've to repeat that here.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Outlandish ideas:

I can totally see the Biden and Trump comments happening. That's actually terrifying

On 6/19/2020 at 6:43 PM, Patine said:

Why does EVERYONE believe this pop culture myth that the U.S. President can just launch nuclear missiles on their own discretion, decision, and whim alone, with no counter-authorizations, fail-safes, layers of protocol, and a REAL palaver around. "The button," or "the Presidential nuclear codes," is purely Hollywood - and it's amazing how many times I've to repeat that here.

It's a surprise. I'm just going for the most overy the top predictions.  

Hell Trump could pardon Dylann Roof. Joe Biden could say, "The biggest problem is we didn't lock up enough people". There is a DDOS attack by an unknown nation causing mass confusion.  A far-right militia group is inspired by CHAZ and tries to create their own compound and it turns violent.  

8 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Here's another one: the election's been cancelled!

A big surprise would no over-the-top, hyperbolic, unrealistic, paranoid, apocalyptic, cartoonish predictions from you in October! :P