• Foreign Affairs and diplomacy
    • Handling the economy, tax and trade policies
    • Handling and reacting to the Coronavirus epidemic
    • Education policy
    • Energy and environment policies
    • Business and labor policies
    • Healthcare policies
    • Handling and reacting to disaster relief
    • Immigration policy, including detention centers and family seperation policy
    • LGBT Rights
    • Policy and views towards science and scientists
    • Handling and reaction to White Nationalists
    • His use of Christianity and the Bible
    • His handling and reaction to his impeachment and the investigations leading to it.
    • None of the above; he's failed in all of these.
  2. 2. If you had to bet all of your money and your life on who is more likely to win the election in November 2020, who would it be?

3. 3. Which of the following presidents sometimes considered below average-to-failed is Donald Trump worse than?

• Warren G Harding
    • Ulysses S Grant
    • Andrew Johnson
    • James Buchanan
    • Franklin Pierce
    • John Tyler
    • George W Bush
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Millard Fillmore
    • William Henry Harrison
    • Gerald Ford
    • Richard Nixon
    • Herbert Hoover
    • Calvin Coolidge
    • Zachary Taylor
    • Benjamin Harrison
    • Chester A Arthur
    • James A Garfield
    • Rutherford B Hayes
    • Martin Van Buren
    • None; Donald Trump has been average-to-great as president
  4. 4. Who did you think was most likely to win the 2020 Election a year ago?

5. 5. Which of the following is likely to happen in the 2020 election?

• Trump will lose in a landslide
    • The GOP and their leaders will mostly disavow Trumpism and move another direction.
    • Trump will immediately announce that he's running for president in 2024.
    • Democrats will retake the Senate
    • Democrats will expand their lead in the US House
    • Democrats will expand their number of governorships
    • Joe Biden and/or his campaign will somehow blunder their opportunities, leading to another surprise Trump victory.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Now, let's see if @SilentLiberty will come to his senses and admit he's a bit self-righteous of late, here and there, or whether he'll carry on his own self-righteousness through the "silent liberty," of continued denial.

d97.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

d97.jpg

Then your credibility has down the tube. I will have to be VERY dubious of everything you now say on these forums, and take them with a mine of salt, and advise for EVERYONE else to do so publicly, because your view of the world is obviously VERY clouded by layers of self-denial.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Now, let's see if @SilentLiberty will come to his senses and admit he's a bit self-righteous of late, here and there, or whether he'll carry on his own self-righteousness through the "silent liberty," of continued denial.

I know I can be an ass. I'm probably a tad self-righteous too, I think anyone this into politics is to a degree. 

But you my friend are something else completely. Drag things out, always complaining about something. You know my dad said if you give people an outlet to bitch, they'll do just that. I don't really ever recall you being positive and happy about anything. I even remember @Actinguy asking you for things you enjoyed, genuinely enjoyed, and you didn't reply to that at all...

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Then your credibility has down the tube. I will have to be VERY dubious of everything you now say on these forums, and take them with a mine of salt, and advise for EVERYONE else to do so publicly, because your view of the world is obviously VERY clouded by layers of self-denial.

Lol see what I mean. 

4 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I know I can be an ass. I'm probably a tad self-righteous too, I think anyone this into politics is to a degree. 

But you my friend are something else completely. Drag things out, always complaining about something. You know my dad said if you give people an outlet to bitch, they'll do just that. I don't really ever recall you being positive and happy about anything. I even remember @Actinguy asking you for things you enjoyed, genuinely enjoyed, and you didn't reply to that at all...

Ah, @Actinguy, speaking of the topic. I remember how he used to talk down to me, belittle my opinions, and not bother presenting his own for very patronizing reasons. He acted like he was the "adult in the room," and the "natural leader on the forum," but when anyone disagreed with sharply, he resorted to Trump-style online belligerence. Thanks for bringing up a good example of another VERY self-righteous poster.

59 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I don't think most voters are going to think Trump caused the rioting and looting, but I might be wrong about that.

No, most people think the cops who killed George Floyd are the root cause.  The perception is that he's on the side of the cops.

7 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

And I have been positive and happy about many things - they just tend not to often come up in forums about politics where specifically Modern U.S. politics are focused on almost monomaniacally and to deliberate pressured exclusion.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ah, @Actinguy, speaking of the topic. I remember how he used to talk down to me, belittle my opinions, and not bother presenting his own for very patronizing reasons. He acted like he was the "adult in the room," and the "natural leader on the forum," but when anyone disagreed with sharply, he resorted to Trump-style online belligerence. Thanks for bringing up a good example of another VERY self-righteous poster.

Aww, man.  I thought I was the one thing you genuinely enjoyed.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

And I have been positive and happy about many things - they just tend not to often come up in forums about politics where specifically Modern U.S. politics are focused on almost monomaniacally and to deliberate pressured exclusion.

Yeah, I can't recall you being positive or happy about anything aside from your own scenario design proposals. While I agree with like 75%, if not more, of what you say, it get's tiring. I find myself reading your posts less and less. Just try and mix it up a bit. What you say is important, but what you saw will reach more people if they aren't turned away by it. I sometimes have to work hard at this as well. You aren't as bad as @Wiw in this regard, if that makes you feel any better.

Just now, Actinguy said:

Aww, man.  I thought I was the one thing you genuinely enjoyed.

I've even encountered better Internet sparring partners since I first went online in 1998 then you, by far. ;)

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, I can't recall you being positive or happy about anything aside from your own scenario design proposals. While I agree with like 75%, if not more, of what you say, it get's tiring. I find myself reading your posts less and less. Just try and mix it up a bit. What you say is important, but what you saw will reach more people if they aren't turned away by it. I sometimes have to work hard at this as well. You aren't as bad as @Wiw in this regard, if that makes you feel any better.

I would love to JUST make scenarios here, frankly, but the bleeping beacons of new posts (even without tags, the new update icon) and my OCD demanding I at least give them a cursory look-over, and my sense of justice often gets me responding, is the real problem. @Reagan04 also complained about that for active thread update icons he didn't care about.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I would love to JUST make scenarios here, frankly, but the bleeping beacons of new posts (even without tags, the new update icon) and my OCD demanding I at least give them a cursory look-over, and my sense of justice often gets me responding, is the real problem. @Reagan04 also complained about that for active thread update icons he didn't care about.

My antidote is just to not read most of the posts unless I think someone will likely have something interesting to say about the main topic. However, I am currently bogged down in a thread for a Civil War game. Lots of White Supremacists there, and I just can't keep quiet arguing against them. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

If the 2nd half of the year is anything like the 1st half, then even Covid could be background on election day.

Ya, quick - what were the dominant issues a little over 3 months ago?

6 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Impeachment, Family Seperation Policy, and probably something about China. Off the top of my head, I can't even remember if the bipartisan updated version of NAFTA happened this year or late last year.  

21 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Coronavirus.  That was the dominant story from somewhere in February through end of May, at which point we shifted to racial injustices/police brutality/etc.  

Before Coronavirus?  I don't know, I feel like maybe it was something about Gorbachev tearing down a wall or something?  It was a long time ago.  ;c)

6 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Coronavirus.  That was the dominant story from somewhere in February through end of May, at which point we shifted to racial injustices/police brutality/etc.  

Before Coronavirus?  I don't know, I feel like maybe it was something about Gorbachev tearing down a wall or something?  It was a long time ago.  ;c)

Speaking of that, a music video, with great living memory footage, of a time and global zeitgeist when the world seemed optimistic and to have a bright future (and BTW, this song makes me HAPPY, if only nostalgically).

24 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ya, you might be right. Maybe end of Feb., picking up speed rapidly through early March.

But right, what was before COVID-19?

People were worried about war with Iran in January.

I recall the primaries and impeachment trial of course, though I would have pegged the trial as December off the top of my head.

I have no memory of potential war with Iran.  I never take that stuff seriously — when it comes to foreign affairs, Trump is all talk, lacking the attention span to actually declare war.

Just now, Actinguy said:

I recall the primaries and impeachment trial of course, though I would have pegged the trial as December off the top of my head.

I have no memory of potential war with Iran.  I never take that stuff seriously — when it comes to foreign affairs, Trump is all talk, lacking the attention span to actually declare war.

There were two attempted casus belli's to try to trigger a war with Iran with popular support. Both were so transparently and clumsily done, and only half-heartedly, they didn't push them for long at all, but quickly brushed both under the carpet.

Just now, Patine said:

There were two attempted casus belli's to try to trigger a war with Iran with popular support. Both were so transparently and clumsily done, and only half-heartedly, they didn't push them for long at all, but quickly brushed both under the carpet.

Exactly.