Jump to content
270soft Forum

Most Influential Russian Poll


Most Influential Russians Poll   

9 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are the Most Influential Russians? [**Pick only those that you think have a legitimate case for being in the top 10 most influential Russians**]

    • Vladimir Putin
    • Vladimir Lenin
    • Josef Stalin (Georgian-born)
    • Peter the Great
    • Ivan the Terrible
    • Ivan the Great
    • Catherine the Great
    • Alexander II
    • Fyodor Dostoevsky
    • Leo Tolstoy
    • Alexander Pushkin
    • Dmitri Mendeleev
    • Alexander Nevsky
    • Alexander Suvorov
      0
    • Georgi Zhukov
    • Pyotr Stolypin
      0
    • Yuri Gagarin
    • Mikhail Gorbachev
    • Boris Yeltsin
    • Pyotr Tchaikovsky
    • Sergei Rachmaninoff
      0
    • Rasputin
    • Garry Kasparov (born in Azerbaijan)
    • Mikhail Kalashnikov
      0
    • Stanislav Petrov
    • Leon Trotsky
    • Mikhail Kutusov
      0
    • Faddey Bellingshausen
      0
    • Valentina Tereshkova
      0
    • Sergei Korolev
    • Mikhail Lomonosov
      0
    • Vladimir Zworykin
    • Ivan Pavlov
    • Leonhard Euler (Swiss born German)
    • Peter Carl Faberge
      0
    • Mikhail Bakhtin
      0
    • Mikhail Bakunin
    • Marc Chagall
      0
    • Wassily Kandinsky
      0
    • Anton Checkhov
    • Vladimir Nabokov
      0
    • Ayn Rand
    • Sergei Eisenstein
      0
    • Anna Pavlova
      0
    • Mikhail Baryshnikov
      0
    • Sergei Prokoviev (actually, Ukrainian, I believe)
      0
    • Dmitri Shostakovich
      0
    • Other (Mention below)
      0


Recommended Posts

This one is similar to my poll for Germans, Spaniards, and Italians.

@Conservative Elector 2 @Actinguy @Patine @Reagan04 @admin_270 @jvikings1 @Herbert Hoover @Edouard @pilight @SilentLiberty @WVProgressive @Hestia11 @TheMiddlePolitical and anyone else that might be interested in this poll. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This one is similar to my poll for Germans, Spaniards, and Italians.

@Conservative Elector 2 @Actinguy @Patine @Reagan04 @admin_270 @jvikings1 @Herbert Hoover @Edouard @pilight @SilentLiberty @WVProgressive @Hestia11 @TheMiddlePolitical and anyone else that might be interested in this poll. 

As a note on Stalin and Kasparov, if I take up my tentative offer of doing these for countries your unfamiliar with, I would certainly do one for the Caucasus Region, of course. But, until ,and if that happens, but they were very influential to the highly Russian-dominated USSR, just like Hamilton, Lafayette, and Gallatin were highly influential to the early U.S. despite not being born there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patine said:

As a note on Stalin and Kasparov, if I take up my tentative offer of doing these for countries your unfamiliar with, I would certainly do one for the Caucasus Region, of course. But, until ,and if that happens, but they were very influential to the highly Russian-dominated USSR, just like Hamilton, Lafayette, and Gallatin were highly influential to the early U.S. despite not being born there.

Yeah, I agree. 

Oh, if you take my poll, I suggest you look up Stanislav Petrov. I think you'll like him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pilight said:

Ivan Kulibin

Yury Lomonosov

Ludvig Nobel

Sergey Brin

Nikolay Basov

Alexander Prokhorov

Dmitri Ivanosky

Pyotr Kapitsa

 

Who are these people?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

This one is similar to my poll for Germans, Spaniards, and Italians.

@Conservative Elector 2 @Actinguy @Patine @Reagan04 @admin_270 @jvikings1 @Herbert Hoover @Edouard @pilight @SilentLiberty @WVProgressive @Hestia11 @TheMiddlePolitical and anyone else that might be interested in this poll. 

Ayn Rand is a bigger and worse ideological snake and influence to come out of Russia than any of the Bolsheviks, frankly. The Neo-Nazi Pan-Slavs of recent years are pretty bad, too, but they mostly spend much of their bile killing each other in Eastern Ukraine between their component Russian and Ukrainian Nationalist parties and militias.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once I get 2 more votes on this, then I'll do the next poll. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, vcczar said:

Who are these people?

Kulibin invented the searchlight, among his many innovations in light amplification

Lomonosov is best known for inventing the coaxial rotor and demonstrating the first model helicopter

Nobel designed the first modern oil tanker

Brin designed the Google search engine

Basov and Prokhorov invented the laser, and were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for it

Ivanovsky was the first to discover viruses

Kapitsa discovered superfluidity, which led to improved air liquefaction, for which he awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pilight said:

Kulibin invented the searchlight, among his many innovations in light amplification

Lomonosov is best known for inventing the coaxial rotor and demonstrating the first model helicopter

Nobel designed the first modern oil tanker

Brin designed the Google search engine

Basov and Prokhorov invented the laser, and were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for it

Ivanovsky was the first to discover viruses

Kapitsa discovered superfluidity, which led to improved air liquefaction, for which he awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...