Jump to content
270soft Forum

2020 Parliamentarian US Election RP Poll


Low Player Effort 2020 Parliamentarian US Election RP Poll(Full Info In Comments)  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Do You Have The Time And Interest To Participate In a 2020 US Election RP, In Which The US Has Transitioned To A Proportional Parliamentarian System?

    • Yes, I have the time and interest to play.
    • I may have the time and interest to play.
    • No, I have not the time, or perhaps the interest, to participate.

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2020 at 02:00 PM

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

Non-combative question. What would the parties' Political International affiliations be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_international

Just for fun.

Republicans, and The True Conservatives, as a coalition, would maintain their membership of the International Democrat Union.

The Democrats, and The Progressives, are both, still connected as 2 Parties, members of the Progressive Alliance.

The Democratic Socialists Of America would be members of the Socialist International(Don't worry, they are Democratic Socialists, for those unknowing).

The Humanity Front would decide to forgo joining an international, deciding that being a member of the Democratic coalition, still wanting to retain independence from the Democrats, and still not being a major political force, all make it so that, until they are a major political force, they should hold off on such actions.

The Libertarians would retain membership in the International Alliance of Libertarian Parties.

The Centre Bloc would be members of the Liberal International.

The California People's Party would be members of the Progressive Alliance.

The Republic's Defenders would refuse to join the International Democrat Union, as so long as it invites the, "Corrupt and morally decayed." Republican Party into the Union, thus forgoing an international.

The Unity Party would join the Liberal International based solely off of their Liberal social policy, and to provide a semi-Fiscal Conservative voice in the International.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Mr.Blood said:

Republicans, and The True Conservatives, as a coalition, would maintain their membership of the International Democrat Union.

The Democrats, and The Progressives, are both, still connected as 2 Parties, members of the Progressive Alliance.

The Democratic Socialists Of America would be members of the Socialist International(Don't worry, they are Democratic Socialists, for those unknowing).

The Humanity Front would decide to forgo joining an international, deciding that being a member of the Democratic coalition, still wanting to retain independence from the Democrats, and still not being a major political force, all make it so that, until they are a major political force, they should hold off on such actions.

The Libertarians would retain membership in the International Alliance of Libertarian Parties.

The Centre Bloc would be members of the Liberal International.

The California People's Party would be members of the Progressive Alliance.

The Republic's Defenders would refuse to join the International Democrat Union, as so long as it invites the, "Corrupt and morally decayed." Republican Party into the Union, thus forgoing an international.

The Unity Party would join the Liberal International based solely off of their Liberal social policy, and to provide a semi-Fiscal Conservative voice in the International.

The Humanity Front wouldn't join Humanist International? The others are all very appropriate. Especially Republic's Defenders' stance (currently, United Russia is the most politically powerful party in the world that doesn't belong to a Political International, for instance). The IDU might expel Republic's Defender if a viable alternative existed in the U.S. anyways, which is the case in this scenario.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

The Humanity Front wouldn't join Humanist International? The others are all very appropriate. Especially Republic's Defenders' stance (currently, United Russia is the most politically powerful party in the world that doesn't belong to a Political International, for instance). The IDU might expel Republic's Defender if a viable alternative existed in the U.S. anyways, which is the case in this scenario.

Humanist International would be an option, but if I were to join an International, I would want it to be at a stage where the Party had enough influence to stir some news through the announcement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MishFox said:

I'll go with Libertarian Party

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr.Blood said:

Also, @Edouard, what Party would you be interested in? 

Hard to say !

In a Republican v Democrat system at majority 1 turn I would pick Democrat

But there it's a match between : Democratic Party / The Centre Bloc

I would pick the Democrats first and the centre bloc as second choice !

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Hard to say !

In a Republican v Democrat system at majority 1 turn I would pick Democrat

But there it's a match between : Democratic Party / The Centre Bloc

I would pick the Democrats first and the centre bloc then !

Ok, I was talking with @TheLiberalKitten on Discord, and it appears he is inclined to The Centre Bloc if he ends up playing, so if the Democrats are your first choice, I'll put you down with them, unless Kitten ends up not playing, and the Bloc is open, then you can switch.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr.Blood said:

The California People's Party(Taken): A group of disillusioned Democrats vying to establish an independent California based on Left-Wing ideals.  

I was wondering if I could name it based upon the Scottish National Party and name it the California National Party? It's the only party that I could think of that we could draw a similarity with ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hestia11 said:

I was wondering if I could name it based upon the Scottish National Party and name it the California National Party? It's the only party that I could think of that we could draw a similarity with ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, and I actually think that's a better name!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I was wondering if I could name it based upon the Scottish National Party and name it the California National Party? It's the only party that I could think of that we could draw a similarity with ;)

 

10 minutes ago, Mr.Blood said:

Thanks for the suggestion, and I actually think that's a better name!

It already exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_National_Party

 

California_National_Party_logo_(2015).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

 

It already exists.

 

California_National_Party_logo_(2015).png

Yeah. I was just asking for the name. The symbol looks nice too! Similar color scheme to the SNP a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for reference that I will dispense to everyone, after an appeal from @Hestia11, followed by a dice roll, it was revealed that during the chaos created by the political realignment, division, and confusion created by the new political system, Katie Porter will have officially left the Democratic Party, and joined the CNP as its leader.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mr.Blood said:

Ok, I was talking with @TheLiberalKitten on Discord, and it appears he is inclined to The Centre Bloc if he ends up playing, so if the Democrats are your first choice, I'll put you down with them, unless Kitten ends up not playing, and the Bloc is open, then you can switch.  

Kitten is a very good mate I am glad he plays !

So I take the Dems :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheLiberalKitten Will be playing as The Centre Bloc. The Bloc will be led by Charlie Crist, Former Governor of Florida and now US Representative(FL-13). Charlie, a former Republican, turned Independent, then Democrat, and now finally settling as a Third Party leader, appears to both be an interesting, yet legitimizing figure to lead the Bloc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Republic's Defenders will be played by @Cenzonico, and John Kasich, who infamously has lambasted the Modern Republican Party, will lead the Party into battle. Yang will also be the leader of The Humanity Front, as I am playing them.

On the subject, though we only have 9 out of 11 needed players, I would like to get everyone's Party leaders done with. I still need them from @TheMiddlePolitical, @WVProgressive, @MishFox, and @Edouard.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr.Blood Bernie Sanders!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Blood said:

The Republic's Defenders will be played by @Cenzonico, and John Kasich, who infamously has lambasted the Modern Republican Party, will lead the Party into battle. Yang will also be the leader of The Humanity Front, as I am playing them.

On the subject, though we only have 9 out of 11 needed players, I would like to get everyone's Party leaders done with. I still need them from @TheMiddlePolitical, @WVProgressive, @MishFox, and @Edouard.  

 

 

If we play currently (2020 now) I would like to pick Andrew Cuomo as leader of the democrats !

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheMiddlePolitical said:

@Mr.Blood Bernie Sanders!

Bernie Sanders will officially lead The Democratic Socialists Of America.

 

1 minute ago, Edouard said:

If we play currently (2020 now) I would like to pick Andrew Cuomo as leader of the democrats !

We are playing in our timeline, so Andrew Cuomo is the official leader of the Democratic Party!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, Mr.Blood said:

The Republic's Defenders will be played by @Cenzonico, and John Kasich, who infamously has lambasted the Modern Republican Party, will lead the Party into battle.

Time to bring sensible leadership to America!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I'll be the True Conservatives then

Nice to have you on board! Do you have a Party leader?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, @BetOnBeto, it looks like you can either be the Republicans or bust. And to everyone else, I think we may be able to start of Sunday, a day earlier than planned, if I can get everything ready in time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...