270soft Forum

Nice Job Kenney on masks

The UCP and Jason Kenney had done a stunt a week ago where they had sent masks meant for Alberta to Ontario, Quebec and BC, and the healthcare workers in alberta got cheap masks that are horrible.

Nice job Kenney! /sarcasm

https://globalnews.ca/news/6837933/aupe-surgical-masks-covid-19-ucp/

I'm pretty sure that Albertans would join a cult worshipping a oil barrel than voting for a liberal, in Alberta or in federal politics.  

@Patine

Also, is the Liberal Party in Alberta even that left wing on pipelines and the sort?

40 minutes ago, Ishan said:

The UCP and Jason Kenney had done a stunt a week ago where they had sent masks meant for Alberta to Ontario, Quebec and BC, and the healthcare workers in alberta got cheap masks that are horrible.

Nice job Kenney! /sarcasm

https://globalnews.ca/news/6837933/aupe-surgical-masks-covid-19-ucp/

I'm pretty sure that Albertans would join a cult worshipping a oil barrel than voting for a liberal, in Alberta or in federal politics.  

@Patine

Also, is the Liberal Party in Alberta even that left wing on pipelines and the sort?

This is the government that @Reagan04 personally wished on me and couldn't "wait to see kick the NDP out of office." What a horrible and vicious curse and malediction to make! In exchange, I hope the Communist Party of the USA takes over the Maryland State Government! :P

Yes, Kenney is frankly the worst Alberta Premier since Klein. And the Alberta Liberal Party are constantly making displays to differentiate themselves ideologically from the Federal Liberals since Lougheed injured them but good, politically, back in the NEP days. The NDP are the only party left in Alberta that works for the common citizens, and not corporate cronies (especially oil companies) (such as the UCP and Alberta Advantage Party), a policy of differing from one party or another rather than an affirmative, innovative, and productive policy (like the Alberta Liberal and Alberta Parties), myopically on separatism or autonomy without real care of the consequences of the "little people," of the Province they want more rights for (Freedom Conservative, Alberta Independence, and Wexit Parties), or pure, unworkable ideology (like the Alberta Pro-Life Association (formerly the Social Credit Party), Communist, and Green Parties). The old Progressive Conservatives (except under Klein) were remarkably good to the common people and the less fortunate - surprising so for a centre-right party that rarely faced serious electoral challenge. But, yes, Kenney is a pox upon Alberta, make no mistake!

1 hour ago, Patine said:

This is the government that @Reagan04 personally wished on me and couldn't "wait to see kick the NDP out of office." What a horrible and vicious curse and malediction to make! In exchange, I hope the Communist Party of the USA takes over the Maryland State Government! :P

Yes, Kenney is frankly the worst Alberta Premier since Klein. And the Alberta Liberal Party are constantly making displays to differentiate themselves ideologically from the Federal Liberals since Lougheed injured them but good, politically, back in the NEP days. The NDP are the only party left in Alberta that works for the common citizens, and not corporate cronies (especially oil companies) (such as the UCP and Alberta Advantage Party), a policy of differing from one party or another rather than an affirmative, innovative, and productive policy (like the Alberta Liberal and Alberta Parties), myopically on separatism or autonomy without real care of the consequences of the "little people," of the Province they want more rights for (Freedom Conservative, Alberta Independence, and Wexit Parties), or pure, unworkable ideology (like the Alberta Pro-Life Association (formerly the Social Credit Party), Communist, and Green Parties). The old Progressive Conservatives (except under Klein) were remarkably good to the common people and the less fortunate - surprising so for a centre-right party that rarely faced serious electoral challenge. But, yes, Kenney is a pox upon Alberta, make no mistake!

Hadn't the PC's and Wildrose Parties merge, would the NDP have a minority, and if the PC's hadn't pissed off the Left Wing, they would of had a minority government in 2015. 

Kenney remains the best Premier Alberta has seen in ages.

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Kenney remains the best Premier Alberta has seen in ages.

Says someone whose never set foot in the Province. You say that out of pure abstract ideological purity - and a highly flawed, outmoded, failed, elitist, cold, pitiless, hypocritical, murderous, and twisted ideology at that, in the broad sense, that should do the world a favour and die. Your defense of this ideology and it's proponents and leaders shows a very detached and sheltered point of view, protected you from the world - a great amount of that "worst side," created and inflicted by those leaders and movements you show cherish - except as hypothetical and abstract statistics and stereotypes. You have no damned idea what it is you support, and what it is you oppose, on the ground, in the raw human experience! Ivory tower political and moral perspectives tend to disgust me -and with good reason!

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Says someone whose never set foot in the Province. You say that out of pure abstract ideological purity - and a highly flawed, outmoded, failed, elitist, cold, pitiless, hypocritical, murderous, and twisted ideology at that, in the broad sense, that should do the world a favour and die. Your defense of this ideology and it's proponents and leaders shows a very detached and sheltered point of view, protected you from the world - a great amount of that "worst side," created and inflicted by those leaders and movements you show cherish - except as hypothetical and abstract statistics and stereotypes. You have no damned idea what it is you support, and what it is you oppose, on the ground, in the raw human experience! Ivory tower political and moral perspectives tend to disgust me -and with good reason!

Imagine having such intolerance for diversity of opinion.

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Imagine having such intolerance for diversity of opinion.

Intolerance for diversity of opinion (and of many other things) is a pillar upon which Social Conservativism is built. Besides, I'm not calling for a legal ban on Conservative politics, like you have, at times, in the past called for a legal ban on Communism, Civil Right Movement-based politics, Islamic politics, and a nebulous and generic "Un-American," political ideology. I have NOT called for such bans of any sort. And, finally, saying firm political opposition to a socio-political ideology - even if strongly worded - is "intolerance for diversity of opinion," is just a disingenuous manipulation of terms to make an unfounded personal attack - and, if the two could be conflated, it would also make you very guilty as charged of the same as well, and thus throwing stones from a glass house.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Intolerance for diversity of opinion (and of many other things) is a pillar upon which Social Conservativism is built

Patently flase

Besides, I'm not calling for a legal ban on Conservative politics, like you have, at times, in the past called for a legal ban on Communism, Civil Right Movement-based politics, Islamic politics, and a nebulous and generic "Un-American," political ideology. I have NOT called for such bans of any sort.

Yes, which I did in attempts to troll you roughly 4 years ago, it appears to still be working despite my never having renewed those calls within the past 4 years.

And, finally, saying firm political opposition to a socio-political ideology - even if strongly worded - is "intolerance for diversity of opinion," is just a disingenuous manipulation of terms to make an unfounded personal attack - and, if the two could be conflated, it would also make you very guilty as charged of the same as well, and thus throwing stones from a glass house.

You basically just invalidated the whole of my ideology and my support for Kenney by calling me sheltered, ivory tower, without a clue. It's obvious you don't tolerate my ideology, just admit it.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Patently flase

Yes, which I did in attempts to troll you roughly 4 years ago, it appears to still be working despite my never having renewed those calls within the past 4 years.

You basically just invalidated the whole of my ideology and my support for Kenney by calling me sheltered, ivory tower, without a clue. It's obvious you don't tolerate my ideology, just admit it.

On the first note - it's not false at all. It's obviously and blatantly true. One should not ascribe to an ideology one does not fully understand.

On the second note, I'm not at all convinced it was trolling. That sounds like retrospective revisionism and whitewashing to me.

And third, I was judging by the posts you made and the opinions you held. Also, what I said is VERY gentle and softcore as political attacks on people by politicians, pundits, and ideologues go - including a VERY LARGE number by those who praise, support, and get behind (Kenney, himself, has said some very nasty things about his political opponents). So, if I'm "intolerant for diversity of opinion," what does make these loudmouthed, vitriolic, acidly, fire-spitting talking heads - MANY of whom (not nearly all, but a Hell of a lot), as I said, you have gleefully rallied behind?