270soft Forum

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

130% faster than what?

The old laptops cpu single core/spread speed. As I am still comparing 10700k vs the old i5 and they are the same speeds. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, admin_270 said:

GPUs shouldn't matter much for game engine processing between turns.

Yes,but that was just incase. As you see the processor is already worlds faster,with no improvement in speed. 

1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

The old laptops cpu single core/spread speed. As I am still comparing 10700k vs the old i5 and they are the same speeds

OK. Specific metrics for the game engine between turn processing time on the two systems would be useful. If it's the same amount of time, that would be interesting.

Please note that speeding up in-between turn processing is on the to-do list. But the priority right now is completing the port, optimizing performance will be a priority later.

Just now, admin_270 said:

OK. Specific metrics for the game engine between turn processing time on the two systems would be useful. If it's the same amount of time, that would be interesting.

Okay I will give -exact- times later,but I ran them side to side (clicking the week turn button at the same time) and they where the same speeds. This was a test with 30 candidates turned on. In 2020

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Please note that speeding up in-between turn processing is on the to-do list. But the priority right now is completing the port, optimizing performance will be a priority later.

Okay sounds good but is there any way you could make your engine utilize more than one core? I have 8 on the intel i7 10700k,and it boosts up to 5 ghz,and it definitely isn’t utilizing it. (And yes my motherboard supports those speeds)

1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Okay I will give -exact- times later,but I ran them side to side (clicking the week turn button at the same time) and they where the same speeds. This was a test with 30 candidates turned on. In 2020

Ok, that's interesting. I'll do a similar side-by-side comparison with newer and older machines I have here - thanks for this.

Just now, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Okay sounds good but is there any way you could make your engine utilize more than one core? I have 8 on the intel i7 10700k,and it boosts up to 5 ghz,and it definitely isn’t utilizing it. (And yes my motherboard supports those speeds)

Of course. There are certain processes in the game engine that don't require being done linearly, and might be parts that are chewing up significant CPU time. But that's an optimization issue - right now, we're at the 'does it work' point in the port.