270soft Forum

4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Ya, I'll probably do an Alpha release tomorrow, whether or not all in-game functionality is there.

We where conversating on the Discord we are all on, and we believed it was nice if you would do weekly updates on the blog, even if it small ones, since we do pay a subscription and all. It is no rush to update, but we would like at-least updates- on the updating, consistently. I know some are more restless than others about it. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I'd rather just get on a weekly or bi-weekly (say) release schedule with Alpha and then Beta, and my guess is that's what it's going to be for the next few months.

At the same time, the releases will have blog posts summarizing changes.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

@admin_270 Are the alternate electoral types for PMI/CI (PR, MMP, STV, etc.) still going to make the ETA of "sometime in 2020," you stated last year?

Alternative electoral types would certainly help scenario creators a lot! I have so many German, NZ, Dutch, etc scenarios that I want to make if we will ever get these options!

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

@admin_270 Are the alternate electoral types for PMI/CI (PR, MMP, STV, etc.) still going to make the ETA of "sometime in 2020," you stated last year?

Did I actually give an ETA of sometime in 2020? Answer is no commitment to adding any of those anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Did I actually give an ETA of sometime in 2020? Answer is no commitment to adding any of those anytime soon.

what are your priority for releases after porting all the games (I remember voting blocs and incumbency features where two game changing ones)

6 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

what are your priority for releases after porting all the games (I remember voting blocs and incumbency features where two game changing ones)

My priority is to get the port done.

1 hour ago, Allyn said:

Is there anywhere specific you want bug reports for this release, out of interest? This thread? Feedback forum? Because, well, the default scenario doesn't actually work for me (and a couple others). We all get this:

asd123.jpg

Does any campaign work?

Anyone else get this?

43 minutes ago, Patine said:

Will fanmade scenarios by makers of one-platform be playable or editable (the latter for collaboration, mostly) by players of the other platform, between PC and Mac?

Yes, campaigns should work between Mac and Windows.

-Campaigns won't open

-Polling numbers won't show (if u change 2020 candidate)

-If you select observer in 2020, or click the arrows to choose a party you can't go back up or click anything it sticks

2 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

-Campaigns won't open

-Polling numbers won't show (if u change 2020 candidate)

-If you select observer in 2020, or click the arrows to choose a party you can't go back up or click anything it sticks

Which campaigns won't open?

4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Which campaigns won't open?

only 2020 (obviously) and 1912 open for me

3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Does any campaign work?

Anyone else get this?

Hitting Change Campaign just brings up a completely black screen, with no way to exit out. Have to alt F4. For what it's worth, I didn't uninstall my old 3.1.1 stable version; should I have?

Edit: Okay, I was able to get it to load after emptying out my user_scenarios folder. Seems one of my pre-existing ones wasn't playing nice, just by virtue of existing... I'll have a look tomorrow, see if I can find out which one it was.

@admin_270

image.thumb.png.fe7a4c277bffc44a32726dff729483ff.png

This is what I ment by back bars, I think it should be fit to the screen, it would look great.

Also new bug, on the 2020 scenario,I selected Libertarian as human, but it still would say that I need to select a human player.

image.thumb.png.fb25f8ff390027f32f0fd48df65434a2.png

On 5/3/2020 at 3:44 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

This is what I ment by back bars, I think it should be fit to the screen, it would look great.

I see, it's not expanding horizontally? Ya, that's because the design is hewing pretty close to the original design. Once everything's working in the port, some of the visual design might change to make the screens more dynamic for different displays - we'll see.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 4:44 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

@admin_270

image.thumb.png.fe7a4c277bffc44a32726dff729483ff.png

Also new bug, on the 2020 scenario,I selected Libertarian as human, but it still would say that I need to select a human player.

image.thumb.png.fb25f8ff390027f32f0fd48df65434a2.png

Libertarians are not humans. They don't care about other humans - only wealth and their perceived "inalienable rights." :P

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Libertarians are not humans. They don't care about other humans - only wealth and their perceived "inalienable rights." :P

Programmer bias exposed!! 😉

Seriously, ouch.💔💥😥