270soft Forum

Weimar Republic Presidential election - 1932

This is the election that was lost by Hitler, to Paul von Hindeburgh

There where only 4 candidates running, for the first round even.

Independent: Paul von Hindenburg

NSDAP: Adolf Hitler

KPD: Ernst Thalmann

Der Stahlhelm: Theodor Dusterberg

I am going to try to do polls for h2h matchups let me know what you guys think of this for %'s (to try to replicate two round systems, I may include ranked choice if it works properly)

Hindenburg 60% vs Hitler 40%

Hindenburg 85% vs Thalmann 15%

Hindenburg 96% vs Duesterberg 4%

Hitler 62% vs Thalmann 38%

Hitler 89% vs Duesterberg 11%

Thalmann 57% vs Duesterberg 43%

Initial national polls will be 

Hindenburg-50%

Hitler-30%

Thalmann-13%

Duesterburg-7%

Issues I am planning on:Please suggest anymore this is an area I may have issue with

Nationalism

The Economy

Communism

Working week

education

child labor

unemployment benefits

housing construction 

state expenditure 

pensions

military

devaluation

reparations 

@Conservative Elector 2 @Patine @vcczar @Reagan04 @Herbert Hoover @Actinguy @jvikings1 

30 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

This is the election that was lost by Hitler, to Paul von Hindeburgh

There where only 4 candidates running, for the first round even.

Independent: Paul von Hindenburg

NSDAP: Adolf Hitler

KPD: Ernst Thalmann

Der Stahlhelm: Theodor Dusterberg

I am going to try to do polls for h2h matchups let me know what you guys think of this for %'s (to try to replicate two round systems, I may include ranked choice if it works properly)

Hindenburg 60% vs Hitler 40%

Hindenburg 85% vs Thalmann 15%

Hindenburg 96% vs Duesterberg 4%

Hitler 62% vs Thalmann 38%

Hitler 89% vs Duesterberg 11%

Thalmann 57% vs Duesterberg 43%

Initial national polls will be 

Hindenburg-50%

Hitler-30%

Thalmann-13%

Duesterburg-7%

Issues I am planning on:Please suggest anymore this is an area I may have issue with

Nationalism

The Economy

Communism

Working week

education

child labor

unemployment benefits

housing construction 

state expenditure 

pensions

military

devaluation

reparations 

@Conservative Elector 2 @Patine @vcczar @Reagan04 @Herbert Hoover @Actinguy @jvikings1 

The Reichstag elections were by far and large the real interesting elections of the Weimar Republic, where the true spectrum of political representation form moderates to extremists on both wings to regional, ethnic, and state autonomists and separatists, that truly gave the real feel for the true socio-political dynamic (and instability) of the Interwar years of Germany. The 1932 Presidential election, with the highly limited representation of candidates (only three parties and the incumbent) and the very dull campaigning and lack of competitiveness in comparison, as well as the low voter turnout rate compared to Reichstag, make this election very much a minor sideshow compared to the Reichstag elections, which are a far greater and more worthy set of election projects, if your going to do the Weimar Republic. Almost all political historians of the era tend to agree. I would HIGHLY recommend one or more Reichstag elections (though, please, not butchered by PMI FPTP) over this Presidential election.

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

The Reichstag elections were by far and large the real interesting elections of the Weimar Republic, where the true spectrum of political representation form moderates to extremists on both wings to regional, ethnic, and state autonomists and separatists, that truly gave the real feel for the true socio-political dynamic (and instability) of the Interwar years of Germany. The 1932 Presidential election, with the highly limited representation of candidates (only three parties and the incumbent) and the very dull campaigning and lack of competitiveness in comparison, as well as the low voter turnout rate compared to Reichstag, make this election very much a minor sideshow compared to the Reichstag elections, which are a far greater and more worthy set of election projects, if your going to do the Weimar Republic. Almost all political historians of the era tend to agree. I would HIGHLY recommend one or more Reichstag elections (though, please, not butchered by PMI FPTP) over this Presidential election.

I was going to do that, but unfortunately since we don't have a German election system to choose from (except the non updated, Chancellor forever) I am going to do this for now, I may add some what if candidates, and party's to make it interesting, since it is such a limited election (along with alot of events) I just don't know what if's to add yet. 

2 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I was going to do that, but unfortunately since we don't have a German election system to choose from (except the non updated, Chancellor forever) I am going to do this for now, I may add some what if candidates, and party's to make it interesting, since it is such a limited election (along with alot of events) I just don't know what if's to add yet. 

Why is it that just because perfectly good game engines that are fully workable that aren't "updated to current standards," are declared tantamount to useless, unusable, and not even to be considered as options by many younger people. I, for one, will not be held hostage to Anthony's wonky priority system and denied the majority of election scenario possibilities by that. I have, and will use, K4E where needed - which, again, is a majority of potential election scenario opportunities, and I won't let Anthony dragging his feet or the "avant garde, everything must be shiny and new or I can't use it," neurotic nonsense of the younger people today hold me back. So, there is a perfectly functional and working election system available. You don't have to use it - but please don't use a "lack thereof," as any sort of reason to be respected by me, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Why is it that just because perfectly good game engines that are fully workable that aren't "updated to current standards," are declared tantamount to useless, unusable, and not even to be considered as options by many younger people. I, for one, will not be held hostage to Anthony's wonky priority system and denied the majority of election scenario possibilities by that. I have, and will use, K4E where needed - which, again, is a majority of potential election scenario opportunities, and I won't let Anthony dragging his feet or the "avant garde, everything must be shiny and new or I can't use it," neurotic nonsense of the younger people today hold me back. So, there is a perfectly functional and working election system available. You don't have to use it - but please don't use a "lack thereof," as any sort of reason to be respected by me, I'm afraid.

Lack there of as you can't purchase the campaign editor mainly anymore, lol. Therefore, since that isn't even an option, it's impossible to work on said scenarios. 

7 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Lack there of as you can't purchase the campaign editor mainly anymore, lol. Therefore, since that isn't even an option, it's impossible to work on said scenarios. 

There never was a campaign editor for any of the "Forever," games except P4E2008. The text files were edited manually after being opened as notepad files and the bitmaps were named, cropped, and placed manually. Believe it or not, when I first arrived on these forums, everyone was doing that, and it wasn't a problem. And, you typed as though you (erroneously) "knew" there ever was an editor, or that making or editing scenarios is actually now impossible. You told you this fallacy?

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

There never was a campaign editor for any of the "Forever," games except P4E2008. The text files were edited manually after being opened as notepad files and the bitmaps were named, cropped, and placed manually. Believe it or not, when I first arrived on these forums, everyone was doing that, and it wasn't a problem. And, you typed as though you (erroneously) "knew" there ever was an editor, or that making or editing scenarios is actually now impossible. You told you this fallacy?

Be careful. Not a lot of people are aware of this. It's not exactly broadcasted how to do it, if you haven't been here this whole time. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Be careful. Not a lot of people are aware of this. It's not exactly broadcasted how to do it, if you haven't been here this whole time. 

I apologize. And to @TheMiddlePolitical. I admit I'm venting my frustration at @admin_270's priorities and schedules out on people that aren't to blame.

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Thanks. I admit, I wish I knew how to work K4E. 

If you were up to for a collaboration, you could provide the election data (the RL part) and I could crunch it into game mechanics, some day.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

If you were up to for a collaboration, you could provide the election data (the RL part) and I could crunch it into game mechanics, some day.

I'll see :) Thank you for the offer. Don't have anything on the mind rn but I always thought a Germany 2017 would be fun, with more parties (like Volt, Free Voters, some of those minors)

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I'll see :) Thank you for the offer. Don't have anything on the mind rn but I always thought a Germany 2017 would be fun, with more parties (like Volt, Free Voters, some of those minors)

The Pirate Party? They were close to making the threshold, and a had couple members in the Berlin legislature at the time the 2017 election was called.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 3:59 PM, Hestia11 said:

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 3:30 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

My West Germany 1949 (polished and expanded version) and East Germany 1990 election scenarios are both close to being ready for release (barring one or more annoying bugs or errors). I hope to release them both at the same time. Also, to @WVProgressive whose shown a definite interest in the latter at a couple points.

21 minutes ago, Patine said:

My West Germany 1949 (polished and expanded version) and East Germany 1990 election scenarios are both close to being ready for release (barring one or more annoying bugs or errors). I hope to release them both at the same time. Also, to @WVProgressive whose shown a definite interest in the latter at a couple points.

Yow do we even add these to K4E at this point?

4 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Yow do we even add these to K4E at this point?

Put them into the scenario folder which, unlike the Infinity games, is found directly as a sub-folder in the actual game data folder, not created separately in the Documents folder.