270soft Forum

270soft Forum User Poll

270soft Forum User Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How active of a forum user are you?

• I check the forum multiple times a day.
    • I check the forum at least once a day.
    • I check the forum on most days.
    • I check the forum at least once a week, but not on most days.
    • I check the forum a couple of times a month.
    • I check the forum irregularly.
    • I'm a new user, so I don't know how much I'll be on at the moment.
  2. 2. What age bracket best fits you.

• I'm under 18 years old--high school age or younger.
    • I am 18-24 years old--college to grad school age.
    • I'm 25-29 years old--old enough to be a US Rep.
    • I'm 30 to 35 years old--old enough to be a US Senator.
    • I'm over 35 years old--old enough to be president.
  3. 3. Where do you reside?

• In the United States
    • In Canada
    • Neither Canada or the US. (Feel free to mention below)
  4. 4. Which 270Soft game is your favorite?

• President Infinity
    • Congress Infinity
    • Prime Minister Infinity - Canada
    • Prime Minister Infinity - UK
    • Other (mention below)
  5. 5. Do you have an idea for a political simulation game that you'd like to see made?

The game I'm designing allows players to control a political faction of a major political party throughout US History with the goal of being the leading influence of the three branches of government for the longest amount of time and with the most enduring legacy.

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Although I like the others, my favourite 270soft game is Chancellor Forever as it, as a scenario making engine, has much more far-reaching possibilities to cover a much larger range of election scenarios around the world than the others (combined). Hint, hint, @admin_270

A Political game where you start from the beginning of the U.S's creation

You can change the constitution basically how the country started etc

With around atleast 100 possible historical figures that could run for every presidential election (Also randomly gen ones)

Ability to basically play president, you can control the party of your choice,create a party,or play as an independent,Running candidates for President,Senate,and H.O.R

Ability to pass laws,and have all presidential duties

This game would go through to 2024 historical figures wise (as I think we have enough people to put in,Plus all current candidates can be started off with and possible ones for 2024 etc)

Having an archive of all previous elections,laws passed,and how laws effected this

Military would be more simple as if your party holds the presidency

If you start off with a created party,you don't have to have any seats,you can just watch history unfold

Ability to start whenever you want

(from the constituion founding to 2020)

Also a sandbox mode where you can create events,add whatever partys you want,edit stats etc

Also ability to set when parties are founded (equalling custom ones) and the party joins that game that year (I want an ability to have an unlimited amount of parties!) and with these custom parties you can create custom charcters,have historical ones,or randomly generated

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

The game I'm designing allows players to control a political faction of a major political party throughout US History with the goal of being the leading influence of the three branches of government for the longest amount of time and with the most enduring legacy.

I think What I typed basically describes what you are making lol,perhaps with 1 or 2 changes

23 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I think What I typed basically describes what you are making lol,perhaps with 1 or 2 changes

Yeah it is. Responded to you in private message. 

My idea for a game does follow in what The Political Process on steam is trying to do, but expanding the creative options for it-- maybe even having a full country editor, with events, etc, and then a bit more strategic options like warfare, diplomacy, etc, while having the simulator aspects already present + how 270 games tend to work too. Not sure if this is making sense. I guess... a more political/policy oriented grand strategy game with modding/creative capabilities.

I wish there was something akin to a parliamentary system version of the US. I think there'd be a lot of room for maneuvering there...that's why I prefer PMI vs PI.

10 minutes ago, lizphairphreak said:

My idea for a game does follow in what The Political Process on steam is trying to do, but expanding the creative options for it-- maybe even having a full country editor, with events, etc, and then a bit more strategic options like warfare, diplomacy, etc, while having the simulator aspects already present + how 270 games tend to work too. Not sure if this is making sense. I guess... a more political/policy oriented grand strategy game with modding/creative capabilities.

I want to like the Political Process, but I got bored of it after 2 weeks and uninstalled it after a month. It has a lot of intriguing surface and potential but had almost no depth when I played it and got through a decade of game play or so. It is probably the reigning competition for @admin_270's game, but it is different enough to not really deter anyone from buying President Infinity, which I think has more replay value than the PP. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I want to like the Political Process, but I got bored of it after 2 weeks and uninstalled it after a month. It has a lot of intriguing surface and potential but had almost no depth when I played it and got through a decade of game play or so. It is probably the reigning competition for @admin_270's game, but it is different enough to not really deter anyone from buying President Infinity, which I think has more replay value than the PP. 

I agree. The Presidential system especially was strange - the states are hardly different from one another besides home state bonuses.

53 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I didn't reup my subscription for PI because Political Process has kept me so intrigued. I've played it over 100 hours since I got it in December. PI is still fun but just kind of falls flat for me when I play it. 

38 minutes ago, Ishan said:

A newer German game and a India PMI game.

We don't need multiple games with the Westminster Parliamentary system. More official scenarios, perhaps, but multiple games strikes me as a money grab. A game that actually does the MMP electoral system in an updated form is a screaming must, though, and Anthony dragging his heals on it is a real shameful point...

51 minutes ago, Patine said:

We don't need multiple games with the Westminster Parliamentary system. More official scenarios, perhaps, but multiple games strikes me as a money grab. A game that actually does the MMP electoral system in an updated form is a screaming must, though, and Anthony dragging his heals on it is a real shameful point...

If he doesn't do one for the upcoming election in Germany, he's never doing it.

28 minutes ago, Ishan said:

If he doesn't do one for the upcoming election in Germany, he's never doing it.

He needs to abandon his hidebound and unnecessarily self-limiting marketing model...

16 hours ago, vcczar said:

if only I wasn't saving up for my businesse. I'd probably throw my money to support that idea. 

20 hours ago, vcczar said:

I agree that I got a bit bored of it, but not nearly as soon as you did. I started at age 18 and am now in my 60s and just entering my second term of the presidency (it took four tries.) I do respect that the developer is adding more and communicates updates well. I don't consider it competition for PI or anything, because the election systems don't make sense or have anywhere close to the same level of complexity. I think once it adds mods or ability to create more (which I hope it does) then its replay value will go up.

20 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

I agree. The Presidential system especially was strange - the states are hardly different from one another besides home state bonuses.

It's so weird to me because the game is so detailed at the county level but then doesn't make sense at the state level. I was the sitting minority leader for the Dems with a 70+% approval rating in the US Senate, and then lost to a significantly less popular and less progressive primary challenger in Massachusetts. The campaign system needs an overhaul, or made more complex and have a stronger relationship to the policy work you do.

19 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

I didn't reup my subscription for PI because Political Process has kept me so intrigued. I've played it over 100 hours since I got it in December. PI is still fun but just kind of falls flat for me when I play it. 

Political Process really does have that Civ feel of "one more turn." I feel like because it's a simple enough interface, I trick myself into playing for hours at a time.

2 minutes ago, lizphairphreak said:

I agree that I got a bit bored of it, but not nearly as soon as you did. I started at age 18 and am now in my 60s and just entering my second term of the presidency (it took four tries.) I do respect that the developer is adding more and communicates updates well. I don't consider it competition for PI or anything, because the election systems don't make sense or have anywhere close to the same level of complexity. I think once it adds mods or ability to create more (which I hope it does) then its replay value will go up.

It's so weird to me because the game is so detailed at the county level but then doesn't make sense at the state level. I was the sitting minority leader for the Dems with a 70+% approval rating in the US Senate, and then lost to a significantly less popular and less progressive primary challenger in Massachusetts. The campaign system needs an overhaul, or made more complex and have a stronger relationship to the policy work you do.

Political Process really does have that Civ feel of "one more turn." I feel like because it's a simple enough interface, I trick myself into playing for hours at a time.

There isn't enough legislation. You can easily get to the point where you've passed every law you feel like passing. Then you end up doing nothing. There was another game I played that was similar. I was reelected by a huge margin because I was basically like FDR/LBJ and signed a flurry of legislation that was hugely popular. For my 2nd term, I had nothing available to do, and the people protested that the government wasn't doing anything, and I got thrown out of office. I forgot which game this was that I played. It, like the Political Process, was fun for a few weeks, but then had little depth or re-play value. 

33 minutes ago, vcczar said:

There isn't enough legislation. You can easily get to the point where you've passed every law you feel like passing. Then you end up doing nothing. There was another game I played that was similar. I was reelected by a huge margin because I was basically like FDR/LBJ and signed a flurry of legislation that was hugely popular. For my 2nd term, I had nothing available to do, and the people protested that the government wasn't doing anything, and I got thrown out of office. I forgot which game this was that I played. It, like the Political Process, was fun for a few weeks, but then had little depth or re-play value. 

What game was that?Im curious about all politics/government simulations

1 minute ago, Rodja said:

What game was that?Im curious about all politics/government simulations

As I said, If forgot what it was called. It might have been called Geopolitical Simulator. It had a lot of issues with it though. It was almost impossible to stay in office and, even though it was like 2008 or 2012, every country was attempting to make land grabs on other countries as if it were World War II or something. As I said, it was fun for a couple of playthroughs but then it was so unrealistic and lacked so much depth as to not be replayable. 

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

yeah, definitely not. But I think it works to play for a candidate's life cycle so long as you don't accelerate to the presidency super fast (it took me four presidential elections to get there,) but I know more is coming, including significantly more legislation and events, etc. That game is still in its "first look" stage, so I'm actually impressed by how much there is. Excited for more.
Your experience with the other game is like my experiences with Democracy. I've tried some of the geopolitical simulator games but they're always so buggy.

I am 22 years old, I am ending a master 1 in public law and heading for ending my Master in public law.

For the moment I still study in France but my family "in law" is in Canada.

Thus I very often go to Quebec, sometimes for weeks sometimes for months.

46 minutes ago, Edouard said:

I am 22 years old, I am ending a master 1 in public law and heading for ending my Master in public law.

For the moment I still study in France but my family "in law" is in Canada.

Thus I very often go to Quebec, sometimes for weeks sometimes for months.

Have you been to the lakeside cottage country in Quebec at all that Taft owned vacation property in, becoming the first U.S. President to enter Canada while in office, even if not on a state visit?