270soft Forum

Unrealistic

So, I really like your game, @admin_270.

However, I found a few strange things:

I don't think Biden will beat Dwayne Johnson with a landslide like this.

Johnson.PNG

Why does Clinton win even with spoiler Jill Stein?

캡처Clinton.PNG

Susan Collins wiping out Bernie Sanders like this? I don't see that coming. I mean, even if she did defeat Sanders, it would be by a narrower margin.

캡처Collins.PNG

Just now, admin_270 said:

What exactly are you saying is unrealistic?

They don't like when a skilled player can deviate too far from historical/probable results, maybe? To me, that's somewhat of a feature, but some want to be chained to "realism" a bit too much, I think. ;) 

10 hours ago, Patine said:

They don't like when a skilled player can deviate too far from historical/probable results, maybe? To me, that's somewhat of a feature, but some want to be chained to "realism" a bit too much, I think. ;) 

I was the spectator, @Patine. A player using skill can bring an unrealistic result for fun, (I defeated Obama with Huckabee 535-3 once).

11 hours ago, admin_270 said:

What exactly are you saying is unrealistic?

The results just don't seem right.

1.Collins is in danger of losing her own seat (IRL), and yet (in the game) she defeats the popular Bernie Sanders in a enormous landslide.

2.Dwayne Johnson is more moderate, a person of color, a celebrity, and therefore not as controversial as Donald Trump. I cannot see him losing big to Joe Biden (who I don't hate, but looks worn out)

3.I thought Jill Stein would take more voters from Clinton than Trump.

12 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

The results just don't seem right.

It's tough for me to analyze this without looking at how the games unfolded, where the players campaigned, and so on.

1. A moderate defeats a far-left candidate - doesn't feel that unrealistic to me.

2. A political novice gets hammered by an experienced, moderate, likable Democrat - doesn't seem that unrealistic to me.

3. Stein does relatively well, siphoning votes from Clinton who in turn defeats Trump. It's definitely a strong showing for a 3rd party, but seems within the realm of possibility.