270soft Forum

Who Would Be the Best VP for Sanders?

Sanders VP Poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which VP options are likely to both help Sanders gain 270 EVs and win the PV against Trump/Pence in 2020 (Feel free to elaborate on your choices below)

• Stacey Abrams
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • Joe Biden
    • Pete Buttigieg
    • Andrew Yang
    • Cory Booker
    • Michael Bloomberg
    • Joe Manchin
    • Beto O'Rourke
    • Tulsi Gabbard
    • Amy Klobuchar
    • Tom Steyer
    • Jay Inslee
    • Kamala Harris
    • Bob Casey Jr
    • Joe Kennedy III
    • Tim Ryan
    • Sally Yates
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Tim Kaine
    • Julian Castro
    • Al Gore
    • John Kerry
    • Gavin Newsom
    • Andrew Gillum
    • Michelle Obama
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • Justin Amash
    • Nina Turner
    • Mitt Romney
    • Other (tell us who)

15 hours ago, billay said:

Yikes people voted Beto? If hes anywhere near the ticket I will not vote for it. 

I voted Beto cause if Sanders is going to go for some centre-right moderate I'd rather it be Beto who actually appeals in hispanic communities and within the youth and places like Texas than someone like Stacey Abrams or Cory Booker who I'm almost sure would add nothing to the ticket.

5 hours ago, wolves said:

I voted Beto cause if Sanders is going to go for some centre-right moderate I'd rather it be Beto who actually appeals in hispanic communities and within the youth and places like Texas than someone like Stacey Abrams or Cory Booker who I'm almost sure would add nothing to the ticket.

I dont think theres anything moderate about "hell yeah I'm taking away your AR". I'll vote for Trump if Beto is on the ticket.

Yang has shown an ability to grow into a strong campaigner and he has also shown an ability to help guide the conversation and spread ideas. He has strong favorability among Trump voters and independents and has strong favorability among Democrats. Outside of the experience issue, best option.

I think the ideal candidate would be somewhere closer moderate and establishment friendly thats black.

Sanders is going to bring out the youth vote and is the choice of latino voters. If you can get out the black vote that could put him over the top in places like Milwaukee,  Detriot, Philly, etc. All those rust belt states Clinton lost. If Bernie keeps the map the same and picks off those states the presidency is his.

11 hours ago, wolves said:

I mean, Sanders already appeals to the Hispanic Community and the youth. Though Beto might be good for Texas, his anti-gun position is too far left for texans.

13 hours ago, vcczar said:

Unlike most politicians, right?

There is a sufficient amount of Ambition needed, but not too much.   I could see Abrams undermining some Progressive Ideas for her own good.

1 hour ago, CentristGuy said:

There is a sufficient amount of Ambition needed, but not too much.   I could see Abrams undermining some Progressive Ideas for her own good.

What evidence do you have for that?

Warren(if he wants to make ideological pick) or Buttigieg(if he wants to unite the party.Id be happy with both.

56 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Warren(if he wants to make ideological pick) or Buttigieg(if he wants to unite the party.Id be happy with both.

Neither of those gets the African American vote out. Get that vote out and unify the rest of the party he has a very good chance of winning. 

Warren or Abrams are the most logical options. 

I also picked Yang, Booker, and Castro because I think they would help, but I definitely think Bernie needs to go with a woman VP.

I have been saying for a while I would love Gillibrand being VP, but not sure that helps in the electoral college

3 minutes ago, MysteryKnight said:

Warren or Abrams are the most logical options. 

I also picked Yang, Booker, and Castro because I think they would help, but I definitely think Bernie needs to go with a woman VP.

I have been saying for a while I would love Gillibrand being VP, but not sure that helps in the electoral college

Gillibrand could be a good VP option. 

Warren is out just because she'd be replaced by a Republican in the Senate.

10 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Gillibrand could be a good VP option. 

Warren is out just because she'd be replaced by a Republican in the Senate.

Only until a special election can be held

9 hours ago, billay said:

I don't think it will be Warren its going to be a minority women. Warren will be a hell of a surrogate though she's better at arguing her point than Bernie.

I also think Warren is stronger if left in the Senate.