Beto O'Rourke - 1,045 votes (31.79%) 2 delegates

Mike Gravel - 588 votes (17.89%) 1 delegate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

November 3rd, 2020 Popular Vote: 54% Turnout - 139,562,069 votes Donald Trump - 65,636,041 votes (47.03%) Elizabeth Warren - 63,584,479 votes (45.56%) Stephanie Kelton - 8,206

It’s clear Beto would have won 👀😆  

Posted Images

South Dakota Democratic Primary Results

94,843 votes

Beto O'Rourke -  50,694 votes (53.45%) 7 delegates

Mike Gravel - 25,930 votes (27.34%) 4 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 18,239 votes (19.23%) 3 delegates

image.png.960e818c787d6f59e2a03800f666d794.png

Montana Democratic Primary Results

213,856 votes

Beto O'Rourke - 90,568 votes (42.35%) 7 delegates

Mike Gravel - 62,574 votes (29.26%) 5 delegates

Elizabeth Warren -60,714 votes (28.39%) 4 delegates

image.png.8aff26b40a0690f0753164d80e38e2ab.png

District of Columbia Democratic Primary Results

168,540 votes

Beto O'Rourke - 72,017 votes (42.73%) 9 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 70,854 votes (42.04%) 8 delegates

Mike Gravel - 25,669 votes (15.23%) 3 delegates

New Mexico Democratic Primary Results

346,218 votes

Beto O'Rourke - 187,165 votes (54.06%) 17 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 123,115 votes (35.56%) 12 delegates

Mike Gravel - 35,937 votes (10.38%) 0 delegates

image.png.6a8d9df3722b3442ed28ab0fb6577fbc.png

New Jersey Democratic Primary Results

1,413,677 votes

Elizabeth Warren - 586,110 votes (41.46%) 44 delegates

Beto O'Rourke - 477,399 votes (33.77%) 36 delegates

Mike Gravel - 350,168 votes (24.77%) 27 delegates

image.png.e4cd987e9fd1406c4725b148d3223102.png

• 1 month later...

State of the Democratic Race Pre-DNC

47,597,468 votes - 3,905 delegates allocated (100% of pledged delegates) - 1,953 to win

Elizabeth Warren - 14,649,185 votes (30.78%) 1,290 delegates

Beto O'Rourke - 13,876,729 votes (29.15%) 1,290 delegates

Terry McAuliffe (suspended) - 5,808,930 votes (12.20%) 560 delegates

Mike Gravel - 8,095,845 votes (17.01%) 557 delegates

Bernie Sanders (suspended) - 4,471,138 votes (9.39%) 214 delegates

Andrew Yang (suspended) - 81,487 votes (0.17%) 10 delegates

image.thumb.png.0e9a312164b025ae74baa56c0ab41fcd.png

66a966b1-92ab-47c3-95e3-32f718b73c96.thumb.png.9a8fcec0dcf79bd76d9225fb13383d39.png

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

47,597,468 votes - 3,905 delegates allocated (100% of pledged delegates) - 1,953 to win

66a966b1-92ab-47c3-95e3-32f718b73c96.thumb.png.9a8fcec0dcf79bd76d9225fb13383d39.png

And @Reagan04 brings back the thread like it was Lazarus! :P

Just now, Patine said:

And @Reagan04 brings back the thread like it was Lazarus! :P

Yes! Things have a tendency to rise from the dead during the summer months. There are a few projects I have in mind that are possible in this stretch. Finishing this RP was the first!

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

The great Resurrection is here!

@Mr.Blood @Rodja @Cenzonico @Herbert Hoover @BetOnBeto @Hestia11

Hello and welcome to the 2020 Democratic Convention! I have fast forwarded the RP to July 13th, 2020. It is opening day of the Democratic convention! When the first ballot for President is held, no candidate has reached a majority!

1,953 to win

Warren: 1,290

O'Rourke: 1,290

McAuliffe: 560

Gravel: 557

Sanders: 214

Yang: 10

A Contested Convention has been Triggered!

The Rules

You (the three remaining candidates seeking the nomination) will give speeches to the hordes (784 to be exact) of unbound delegates as well as the 775 superdelegates now given a vote on the second ballot. The new magic number has become 2,341 delegates. Yang, Sanders, and McAuliffe have all endorsed Warren, but this does not bind their delegates to Warren.

Each candidate has been given a score of 1-10 on a progressiveness scale relative to the field, this will determine the ideological willingness of delegates to flip to candidates (delegates favoring candidates closest to them on the scale).

McAuliffe: 2

O'Rourke: 4

Warren: 6

Yang: 7

Bernie: 8

Gravel: 10

---

@Cenzonico @Hestia11 @BetOnBeto 

Please now craft your speeches. I will grade them for targeted demographics and give you an effectiveness roll. Following the speeches we will have a 2nd vote and if 2,341 has still not been reached, ther real fun begins.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BetOnBeto said:

@Hestia11

I am truly sorry, I totally forgot that yesterday was Father’s Day,

Going to write my speech real soon, in a few hours, again sorry, my bad,

That's fine, was just curious haha.

@Mr.Blood @Hestia11 @BetOnBeto @Herbert Hoover @Cenzonico

(All formatting and italics done by me, all speechwriting by the candidates. Judge the effectiveness of speeches based on running delegate commentary and the post-speech delegate shifts.)

Day 2 of the DNC in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

9:30 AM July 14th, 2020

Rep. Beto O'Rourke is invited onto the state to deliver his appeal to the delegates, his side of the auditorium goes wild while the McAuliffe delegates seated in the middle join in the raucus applause. The Warren delegates given appreciative applause with muted cheering as the Sanders and Gravel delegates give polite applause at the most and muted rejection at the worst.

O'Rourke: "Ladies and gentlemen, 26 thousand people die each year from a lack of health insurance, 36 thousand Americans killed from guns each year, and 50 thousand people die each year from suicide. When the Republican party says that our proposals, which use creative, alternative methods to raise enough money without raising taxes on the lower or middle class, are too "expensive" or that the federal government is "overstepping its jurisdiction" I like to remind them of these numbers."

The Convention Hall grows quiet, even the Progressive delegates are intrigued by the Congressman's opening which has grabbed the attention of the party.

O'Rourke: "Over a hundred thousand people, roughly 1% of our population, can be spared, didn't have to die. I see suicide, gun violence and lack of health coverage deaths as a sign that our government is failing, that we're losing sight of what's most important, and that's protecting Americans, and preventing the deaths of Americans. Because we cannot place a price on American lives, this is the most important election of our lives, allowing another 4 years of Donald Trump will continue this cycle of pain and unneeded death, not only a cycle of pain, but a cycle of oppression. The detaining of immigrants, the mass incarceration, the racist and derogatory statement from Donald Trump, 4 more years will rip this country apart."

This rhetoric is pulling the party on a string, the Congressman has their attention, but he has to do something with it quick, the Hall waits with baited breath for his shift in tone.

O'Rourke: "There are countless issues to be solved, yet the way we can solve them is not with a "plan for everything" it's with bipartisanship, by creating real solutions all of congress can agree with. Now, I wish that all of congress were democrats, but the fact of the matter is we need to work together, to further cooperation, because the issues we face today are some of the most pressing we have seen in recent history. "

This shift in tone which is not a praise of Democratic values but is also a shift from attacks on Republican ideas is not taken well by the left side of the Hall. The Sanders and Gravel delegates begin audibly talking with scattered boos, losing interest in the Congressman while the Warren delegation sits politely listening. While the O'Rourke delegation remains drawn in with some cheers at the top, it's the McAuliffe delegates who sit intrigued by the Congressman's rhetoric.

O'Rourke: "Climate Change, Student debt, income inequality, these are issues we can't afford to fight congress on, these are issues that we need bipartisan solutions for, or else they will balloon out of control. We can't have solutions for our party, but solutions for America. Because we don't disagree on the problem, and the goal, but on the solution. Real Solutions for Real Americans problems, by coming together and uniting America, that's been the principle of my campaign, what Washington should be focused on, not political gain, not personal gain."

The O'Rourke delegation is predictably on its feet but the McAuliffe delegates have largely joined him. Meanwhile the Gravel and Sanders delegation continue their loud discussion and boisterously attempt to disrupt the speech. Warren delegates can be seen rolling their eyes or fake yawning.

O'Rourke: "Donald Trump promised to drain the swamp, instead he's deepened it, filling his cabinet with cronies and rewarding loyalty over experience and knowledge. We need a president with dignity, a president with transparency, and a president with honesty. That is my vision for America, my vision for the White House, and so I ask you to join our movement, to help bring America together, to heal the scars Trump has left, and to create real solutions."

This line triggers raucous applause from the McAuliffe and O'Rourke delegates meanwhile the Warren delegates give the obligatory clap at Trump bashing. The Gravel and Sanders delegates are way too gone to even engage with the substance of the speech.

O'Rourke: "Because Beto for America. Beto for All."

As the Congressman exits some jeers are heard from the Gravel and Sanders sections whilst the Warren section gets back to eye-rolling at the cheesiness of the closing lines but politely clapping for the Congressman. The O'Rourke delegation sends their candidate off loudly while they are largely joined by the ranks of the McAuliffe delegates, enjoying what they saw.

---

9:45 AM

Sen. Elizabeth Warren takes the stage following Congressman O'Rourke. The Warren delegation goes wild meanwhile she is received warmly by the McAuliffe delegation and given the same polite treatment by the O'Rourke delegation. The Sanders delegation gives her an obligatory clap meanwhile Gravel delegates are scattered in responses of silence and light clapping.

Warren: "Hello Democrats! This probably isn't the way any of us imagined we'd be walking into this convention. But that's alright. We're Democrats. We will support whoever emerges out of this because that's the right thing to do. Whether it's myself, or whether it's Beto, it is important that we keep this momentum riding into November. We have the upper hand right now, but we cannot get complacent. "

The entire auditorium is interested. Not for the same reasons as they were with Congressman O'Rourke, instead of uniting the party against the Republicans immediately, Senator Warren has pitched the idea of Democratic unity for the sake of Democratic Unity. While the Progressive delegates are skeptical, McAuliffe and O'Rourke delegates appreciate the approach.

Warren: "Complacency isn't what I do. We need big, structural change. We need health care for all and a sweeping environmental agreement akin to the Green New Deal that will see the Earth protected like it should be. We need to hold dictators like Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping accountable. We need to overhaul our criminal justice system. We need to make the Supreme Court and judiciary independent again. How do we do that? We elect Democrats. Up and down the ballot. Because Republicans will not do the same thing. If you stand for free and fair elections, independent journalism or the right to health care, you stand with the Democratic Party."

The Senator has engendered applause from across the entire auditorium, including the O'Rourke delegation. There is no way that any Democrat could ignore those lines.

Warren: "We need big structural change. It's what I've been arguing for this whole primary season. We don't want the same old, same old where politicians promise us change, and then offer us nothing. We are tired of baby steps. Because baby steps don't fix our problems. They delay them. If we had stuck to our guns and tried to fix immigration years ago, we wouldn't be facing the crisis we are facing now. That's why we have to confront these challenges head on - and fix them. That's what Democrats are. That's who I am. And that's how I'll lead our party into November."

While "big structural change" causes some McAuliffe delegates to squirm and gets O'Rourke delegates to figure she's about to bash their guy, the ears of the Sanders delegation immediately perk up as they hear everything they need to to keep them out of the hands of Sen. Gravel. The Gravel delegation gets a little antsy at Senator Warren's rhetoric.

Warren: "We cannot say that we champion the environment when he have a candidate who takes money from Big Oil. We need someone who says no to corporate PAC money and is working to end Citizens United. We need to take money out of politics, and let it be run how it should be - by and for the people. If you want to make this country better, if you want to see us lead on an international scale again, if you want to see big, bold change - your place is with Elizabeth Warren."

The subtle jab at Beto is so well-placed it's almost unnoticed by the uninformed observer. But those in the convention Hall, the delegates, certainly get the hint. It's nothing but more fuel for the Warren delegation and the Sanders converts. Even some in the McAuliffe delegation find themselves shaking their head at the first line.

Warren: "But not only that. The biggest problem we face today is the problem of Donald Trump in the White House. He wasn't the cause, no, but this symptom is a blood-red stain on the American conscience. Who won the primary states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania? I did. Handily. If we tip those three states alone we win. Who better to listen to then people in their own states? Not only did I win those three, but I won Iowa, Ohio and Georgia - places where we can continue to go on the offensive and try to take some Senate seats in two of those states. We need to trust the people. They see what their neighbors think, they know what they need and want. Not only did I get the votes of the swing states in this election, but I won the most votes in this affair."

As Warren gets into her electability argument, the O'Rourke delegation retreats, but the McAuliffe delegation is all ears. The Gravel delegation is by all accounts bored.

Warren: "By all democratic beliefs, the person who wins the popular vote should lead us into the election. Choosing against that will risk more division than necessary. We won more than 30% of the vote in the Democratic primaries. We won 19 states and 4 territories - more than anyone else. We have a coalition ready to win in November. Let me fire it up, Democrats"

The final lines certainly do fire up everyone except the O'Rourke delegation, McAuliffe delegates appreciate the electability argument while Sanders delegates appreciate the structural reform notes. The Gravel delegates are beginning to sweat as rumors of the Senator's ill health have reached the convention floor.

---

10:00 AM

The 2nd Round

The Second Round of voting begins as announced by Convention Chair Bennie Thompson of Mississippi. Thompson, a McAuliffe endorser who has remained neutral in the Warren-O'Rourke fight, informs the floor that the speaking time of Sen. Mike Gravel, will be used to re-caucus and take an early 2nd vote. No reason is given but the Gravel delegates are in full panic mode about possible health issues. At 10:00 sharp, the superdelegates take the floor. The votes are recorded as Secretary Jason Rae of Wisconsin calls the role.

Alabama

"Alabama casts 38 votes for Congressman O'Rourke of Texas, 19 votes for Senator Warren of Massachusetts, and 4 votes for Governor McAuliffe of Virginia"

Alaska

"Alaska casts 10 votes for Senator Warren of Massachusetts, 5 votes for Congressman O'Rourke of Texas, and 4 votes for Senator Gravel of Alaska"

American Samoa

"American Samoa casts 8 votes for Senator Warren and 3 votes for Congressman O'Rourke"

Arizona

"Arizona casts 52 votes for Congressman O'Rourke of Texas, 25 votes for Senator Warren of Massachusetts, and 1 vote for Senator Gravel of Alaska"

Arkansas

"Arkansas casts 20 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 13 votes for Senator Warren, and 3 votes for Governor McAuliffe."

California

"California casts 241 votes for Senator Warren, 174 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 80 votes for Senator Gravel"

Colorado

"Colorado casts 31 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 25 votes for Senator Warren, and 24 votes for Senator Gravel."

Connecticut

"Connecticut casts 32 votes for Senator Warren, 25 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 7 votes for Senator Gravel."

Delaware

"Delaware casts 22 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 10 votes for Senator Warren, and 5 votes for Senator Gravel."

Democrats Abroad

"Democrats Abroad casts 16 votes for Senator Warren, 3 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 2 votes for Senator Gravel"

District of Columbia

"The District of Columbia casts 24 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 19 for Senator Warren, and 3 for Senator Gravel."

Florida

"Florida casts 136 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 108 for Senator Warren, and 4 for Senator Gravel."

Georgia

"Georgia casts 54 votes for Congressman O'Rourke of Texas, 53 for Senator Warren of Massachusetts, and 13 for Senator Gravel."

Guam

"Guam casts 8 votes for Senator Warren, 2 for Congressman O'Rourke, and 1 for Senator Gravel."

Hawaii

"Hawaii casts 18 votes for Senator Warren, 10 for Senator Gravel, and 5 for Congressman O'Rourke"

Idaho

"Idaho casts 12 votes for Senator Warren, 9 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 4 votes for Senator Gravel"

Illinois

"Illinois casts 80 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 78 votes for Senator Warren, and 26 votes for Senator Gravel"

Indiana 

"Indiana casts 37 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 31 votes for Senator Warren, and 21 votes for Senator Gravel."

Iowa

"Iowa casts 26 votes for Senator Warren, 18 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 4 votes for Senator Gravel"

Kansas

"Kansas casts 24 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 14 votes for Senator Warren, and 9 votes for Senator Gravel"

Kentucky 

"Kentucky casts 23 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 22 votes for Senator Warren, and 15 for Senator Gravel"

Louisiana

"Louisiana casts 30 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 19 votes for Senator Warren, 11 votes for Senator Gravel, and 1 vote for Governor McAuliffe."

Maine

"Maine casts 12 votes for Senator Gravel and 10 votes for Senator Warren and Congressman O'Rourke each"

Maryland

"Maryland casts 50 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 38 votes for Senator Warren, and 14 for Senator Gravel."

Massachusetts

"Massachusetts proudly casts 95 votes for her native daughter and the next President of the United States Senator Elizabeth Warren! We also cast 12 votes for Beto O'Rourke and 7 votes for Mike Gravel"

Michigan

"Michigan casts 72 votes for Senator Warren, 62 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 12 votes for Senator Gravel."

Minnesota

"Minnesota casts 49 votes Senator Warren, 32 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 9 votes for Senator Gravel."

Mississippi

"Mississippi casts 36 votes for Congressman O'Rourke of Texas, and 2 votes each for Senator Warren of Massachusetts and Governor McAuliffe of Virginia"

Missouri

"Missouri casts 64 votes for Congressman O'Rourke and 5 votes for Senator Warren."

Montana

"Montana casts 12 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 6 votes for Senator Warren, and 4 votes for Senator Gravel."

Nebraska

"Nebraska casts 16 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 9 votes for Senator Warren, and 4 votes for Senator Gravel."

Nevada

"Nevada casts 25 votes for Congressman O'Rourke and 23 votes for Senator Warren."

New Hampshire

"New Hampshire casts 16 votes for Senator Warren, 13 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 4 votes for Senator Gravel."

New Jersey

"New Jersey casts 57 votes for Senator Warren, 47 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 24 votes for Senator Gravel."

New Mexico

"New Mexico casts 26 votes for Congressman O'Rourke and 14 votes for Senator Warren."

New York

"New York casts 150 votes for Senator Warren, 118 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 52 votes for Senator Gravel."

North Carolina

"North Carolina casts 68 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 50 votes for Senator Warren, and 4 votes for Senator Gravel."

North Dakota

"North Dakota casts 9 votes for Senator Gravel, 8 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 1 vote for Senator Warren."

Northern Marianas Islands

"The Northern Marianas Islands cast 9 votes for Senator Warren and 1 a piece for Congressman O'Rourke and Senator Gravel."

Ohio

"Ohio casts 68 votes for Senator Warren, 60 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 25 votes for Senator Gravel."

Oklahoma

"Oklahoma casts 32 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 9 for Senator Warren, and 1 vote for Senator Gravel."

Oregon

"Oregon casts 34 votes for Senator Warren, 23 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 17 votes for Senator Gravel."

Pennsylvania

"Pennsylvania casts 82 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 81 votes for Senator Warren, and 47 votes for Senator Gravel."

Puerto Rico

"The territorial delegation of Puerto Rico casts 21 votes for Senator Gravel, 20 votes for Senator Warren, and 18 votes for Congressman O'Rourke"

Rhode Island

"Rhode Island casts 18 votes for Senator Warren, 9 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 3 votes for Senator Gravel."

South Carolina

"South Carolina casts 43 votes for Congressman O'Rourke of Texas, 19 votes for Senator Warren of Massachusetts, and 1 vote for Governor McAuliffe of Virginia"

South Dakota

"South Dakota casts 12 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 5 votes for Senator Gravel, and 2 votes for Senator Warren."

Tennessee

"Tennessee casts 39 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 33 votes for Senator Warren, and 1 vote for Senator Gravel."

Texas

"The Lone Star delegation proudly casts 217 votes for the next President of the United States, her own Congressman Beto O'Rourke! We also cast 45 votes for Senator Warren."

United States Virgin Islands

"The United States Virgin Islands casts 9 votes for Senator Warren and 2 votes for Congressman O'Rourke"

Utah

"Utah casts 12 votes for Senator Gravel, 11 votes for Senator Warren and Congressman O'Rourke each, and 1 vote for Senator Sanders."

Vermont

"Vermont casts 14 for her own Senator Bernie Sanders, 6 votes for Senator Gravel, and 3 votes for Senator Warren."

Virginia

"Virginia casts 50 votes for esteemed Governor Terry McAuliffe, 37 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 32 votes for Senator Warren."

Washington

"Washington casts 49 votes for Senator Warren, 37 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 21 votes for Senator Gravel."

West Virginia

"West Virginia casts 15 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 12 votes for Senator Warren, and 7 votes for Senator Gravel."

Wisconsin

"Wisconsin casts 41 votes for Senator Warren, 35 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, and 21 votes for Senator Gravel."

Wyoming

"Wyoming casts 9 votes for Congressman O'Rourke, 5 votes for Senator Gravel, and 4 votes for Senator Warren."

---

Following the roll call, Secretary Rae reports to the floor the results.

"4,667 delegates are present and voting on the floor. To become the Democrat Party's nominee, a candidate must receive 2,334 votes. The votes are as follows:

O'Rourke: 2,096 (44.91%)

Warren: 1,903 (40.78%)

Gravel: 592 (12.68%)

McAuliffe: 61 (1.31%)

Sanders: 15 (0.32%)

No candidate has reached a viable majority. The voting shall proceed to a third ballot.

---

The Convention vote was gaveled down at 10:30. The Third ballot is set to be conducted after a 4 hour lunch break at 2:30 PM.

(To all the candidates, send me your strategy for wooing delegates during this four hour period. What does your candidate and your campaigns staff do?)

States by Second Ballot First Place Delegate Allocation

image.thumb.png.114091d1a7adccebf4e7cda4519c5658.png

• 1 month later...

Joe Manchin Announces Campaign for the Presidency

-Will work more on this in the morning-

Hello members of the media and fellow Americans all over. Now, the DNC Convention, we still don't know when it is going to resume, but I do know one thing, I will be on ballot in convention as a candidate during the roll-call vote!

• 3 weeks later...

July 14th, 2020

2:30 PM

Upon the reading of the roll on the 3rd ballot, Warren appealed to the left and Beto to the center. Sanders and McAuliffe were removed as viable options. Gravel delegates, barring a few defections, remained as they were.

Beto O'Rourke: 2,127 (45.58%)

Elizabeth Warren: 2,038 (43.67%)

Mike Gravel: 502 (10.78%)

Secretary Rae: Of the 4,667 Democratic delegates present and voting, 2,334 votes are needed to win the Democratic nomination. No candidate has reached this amount. The 4th ballot shall be held at 5 PM Central Standard time.

*Gavel*

---

Shortly following the end of the 3rd ballot, Mike Gravel sent a video message to his supporters, one which shocked the convention hall.

"I am encouraging all of my supporters to break out of the two party system that has held back real progress in this country for decades. That's why I am proud to endorse and Stephanie Kelton in her independent bid for President of the United States. The Democratic Party has shut out progressives in favor of their neoliberal paradigm, it's time for real change. It's time for Kelton."

Pandemonium struck the convention hall. As Mike Gravel had announced his drop from Democratic politics, several hundred of his delegates made their way to the door, the Warren campaign top brass tried to keep as many of them in the hall as possible to be forced to vote for Warren. While the Beto delegation was told officially to try and persuade the remaining Gravel delegates, some were caught helping escort them out the door to lower the threshold for victory and squeeze Beto through. By the time 5 PM rolled around and the doors were shut, less than 100 Gravel delegates remained.

*Gavel*

Secretary Rae: 4,262 delegates are present and voting. 2,131 votes are needed to win the Democratic nomination. I shall now call the roll.

Elizabeth Warren: 2,133 (50.05%)

Beto O'Rourke: 2,129 (49.95%)

Senator Elizabeth Warren is the Democratic Nominee for President of the United States!

Fourth Ballot First Place by State

image.thumb.png.1084036b5b131ca5f81f3090cc01217b.png

2020 General Election Poll - September 1st, 2020 (CNN)

Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 44%

Elizabeth Warren/Terry McAuliffe - 42%

Stephanie Kelton/Mike Gravel - 5%

Jo Jorgenson/Spike Cohen - 2%