270soft Forum

2020 Roleplay

Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Salem, OR, to talk about China. 
“You know, Trump, many people are angry at him for the trade war, but for the wrong reasons. Most people are angry for starting the trade war in the first place, but that was a necessary thing to do. China was manipulating their currency, and trying to ruin our economy. They are also doing unspeakable things, like oppressing the Muslim population in their country, practically putting them in concentration camps. We needed to do something about it. But where Trumps ent wrong was how to do the actual trade war. He went it it all alone, The US against the behemoth that was China, we can’t get into this alone, and as many of you have seen, our economy, our farmers, have suffered so much. What we need is to bring our allies into the trade war, so that we don’t feel it. As president, China will understand the consequences of their actions, but not at the expense of our farmers, our economy.”

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

November 3rd, 2020 Popular Vote: 54% Turnout - 139,562,069 votes Donald Trump - 65,636,041 votes (47.03%) Elizabeth Warren - 63,584,479 votes (45.56%) Stephanie Kelton - 8,206

It’s clear Beto would have won 👀😆  

Posted Images

At a rally alongside Cory Booker in Trenton, NJ, Beto O’Rourke takes a moment to talk about healthcare.

”healthcare is a human right. Now, too many of the people in the crowd don’t know what that’s like, to not be Abel to go to the doctor when you’re sick, when you have a serious illness, surgery that needs to be performed, and yet they can’t get that done because they can’t afford, and they die. Most of you are appalled, and yet this happens daily in this country. Help me in establishing universal healthcare!”

(Free Events)

Elizabeth Warren flies out to Portland, Oregon, to receive the endorsement of Oregon Senator Ron Wyden, a beloved figure. Wyden gives a few words on her behalf at the beginning. 

"I am going to be behind Elizabeth Warren all the way." Sen. Wyden says. "She has always stood with workers and with our wonderful health care professionals. She has stood with unions, and that is highlighted by her support from all over the Rust Belt. In states we can win in NOvember, Warren swept them. O'Rourke didn't win a single one of Wisconsin, Michigan, or Pennsylvania, which gave Trump the win last time. We can't ignore their distress. We cannot ignore what they're saying. They want Elizabeth, and I think that's good enough reason for me to vote for her!"

(Free Event 2)

Warren does an event in Kentucky, where she is endorsed by former Kentucky Secretary of State and former McConnell challenger, Alison Lundergan Grimes. 

Lundergan Grimes speaks before Warren at the event. "One of the little-talked about subjects on the campaign trail is voting rights and voting access. Senator Warren has worked extensively on this issue and understands what people are going through when they cannot vote even though they should be able to. She will stand up for our communities of whose voices are silenced because of Mitch McConnell and his goons. That's why I believe in her and that's why you should vote for her."

(Free Event 3)

Warren visits Camden, New Jersey, where she is endorsed by the former mayor, Dana Redd. 

Redd steps up to the podium. "Out of all of the Southern states, the only one that voted for someone that's name isn't Terry McAuliffe was Georgia, and they voted for Elizabeth Warren. Folks, the combination of the Rust Belt and black voters is too powerful to be ignored. That woman who can make this all better and defeat Donald Trump is Elizabeth Warren!"

(1/3)

Elizabeth Warren campaigns in Newark, New Jersey, stating her goals on climate and leadership. "We are doing a lot on climate already, which is good. Or at least, we were. The Trump administration has rolled back so many climate standards that I've lost track. But we're going to get someone on that to put them back into place!" She chuckles as she speaks to the crowd. "Yes, it's about climate, but this is also about leadership. We need to show global leadership on this issue to get it done. Because if we don't, we risk this planet and all of its inhabitants. This is not a national issue. It's an international one. And our ambassadors, my Secretary of State, my Ambassador to the UN will be focused on making this a big issue in general. I can claim that I will show that leadership. Someone who has taken hundreds of thousands from oil and gas cannot."

(2/3)

Elizabeth Warren attacks Rep. O'Rourke over his trade war comments during a visit to Rapid City, South Dakota. "We aren't going to make China come to the table by escalating a trade war that has already claimed so many American jobs, including right here in South Dakota. I'll tell you why this won't work. Europe will not agree to a trade war with China. They just won't. The market is too valuable, too critical to their economy that they won't do it. If Europe won't do it, countries that may be less inclined like India and Australia won't do it either. We need to do a different way. We cannot keep putting our farmers and ranchers at risk. We all know that China is doing truly repugnant things, but we need to exhaust diplomatic channels, we need to boost funding to the UN to try and get a peacekeeping force into the Uighur's homeland, we do need to work with our partners on currency manipulation. But let's not do a trade war where our farmers lose out every single time. I am unwilling to sacrifice you in a useless trade war that China can overcome. Rep. O'Rourke says he can get our allies to do it too. Australia is dependent on China's economy for their exports. Even Canada won't ban Huawei. We need to do diplomatic work on this, not further escalating of the conflict."

(3/3)

Elizabeth Warren campaigns in Lexington, Kentucky, alongside Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe. She has a big announcement to make.

"You're going to hear it first, Kentucky," She smiles widely. "I am here to announce Gov. McAuliffe as my running mate and next Vice President!"

Pre-made signs of Warren/McAuliffe wave in the crowd.

"Gov. McAuliffe has been a good fighter for his communities, a true friend to the downtrodden and those that aren't doing as well in this nation." Warren says. "He dealt with Republican legislatures, and would be able to easily deal with Mitch McConnell and his cronies as Vice President of this great nation. I know he's more than up to the task, and am honored to have him serving with me." She yields the stage to Gov. McAuliffe, who delivers a few remarks on her behalf.

They meet and greet with the crowd, jubilation and hope in the eyes of everyone. Warren hopes by getting out in front of Beto on the issue she can seize the positive press from it and leap forward in the contest. 

image.png.73544b715210859a39d515794f5c6fb7.png(Not the best, but I couldn't find a good font lol)

1. Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Louisville, KY, alongside Gov. Andy Beshear to discuss how he will bring back jobs in the state.

2. Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Frankfort, KY, on the topic of how the taxes he will implement to fund his plans will barely affect the American people, talking about taxing transactions of stocks on Wall Street, mega corporations. 

3. Beto O’Rourke travels to Eugene, OR, to hold a rally alongside congressman Kurt Schrager to discuss the what will happen if Donald Trump is elected to a 2nd term, and how he will he the one to win in the general election.

(Sorry, one of those days, we will be back at it tomorrow)

1. Elizabeth Warren visits Jersey City, New Jersey, to talk about the economy. She says that she will be able to bring back good paying and clean energy jobs, particularly in offshore wind projects in the Northeast. She says they hope to mirror what Scotland has achieved in the UK.

2. Elizabeth Warren visits Salem, Oregon, to campaign alongside Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden. She speaks with several groups, including environmentalists and labor groups about what she'd do as President and how she would protect them once in office.

3. Elizabeth Warren visits Louisville, Kentucky, to tell about how she would protect jobs and voting rights. She says that only protecting the right to vote will keep the nation's soul healthy. 

(Free Events)

Elizabeth Warren visits Newark, New Jersey, to receive an endorsement from NJ Lieutenant governor Sheila Oliver. Oliver delivers a few words about how Warren will be the best candidate for New Jersey. She joins Gov. Murphy in endorsing Warren.

Warren then flies to DC, where she is endorsed by Mayor Muriel Bowser, a longtime advocate of the district. Warren touts her support of DC Statehood and how the city hasn't been able to truly unlock it's potential because of it's status as a federal district. 

(I applied for my endorsements too late, but Reagan gave me permission to say it now, before the polls are out)

Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Frankfort, KY, alongside Rep. John Yarmouth, who announces he’s endorsing Beto, saying that this may be the most important election of our lives for several reasons, climate change, Trump, and that Beto is up to the challenge.

Kentucky Democratic Primary Results

712,934 votes

Elizabeth Warren - 273,981 votes (38.43%) 21 delegates

Beto O'Rourke - 244,108 votes (34.24%) 18 delegates

Mike Gravel - 194,845 votes (27.33%) 15 delegates 

image.png.af6048bdcb57b2424bc004343eaf277d.png

Oregon Democratic Primary Results

928,207 votes

Elizabeth Warren - 441,734 votes (47.59%) 29 delegates

Mike Gravel - 262,868 votes (28.32%) 17 delegates

Beto O'Rourke - 223,605 votes (24.09%) 15 delegates

image.png.bc9540bea577c8ead248c072fec2651a.png

State of the Democratic Race Post-Small State 4sday

45,357,047 votes - 3,713 delegates allocated (95.1% of pledged delegates) - 1,953 to win

Elizabeth Warren - 13,788,499 votes (30.40%) 1,216 delegates

Beto O'Rourke - 12,997,841 votes (28.66%) 1,212 delegates

Terry McAuliffe (suspended) - 5,808,930 votes (12.81%) 560 delegates

Mike Gravel - 7,594,979 votes (16.74%) 517 delegates

Bernie Sanders (suspended) - 4,471,138 votes (9.86%) 214 delegates

Andrew Yang (suspended) - 81,487 votes (0.18%) 10 delegates

image.thumb.png.edfec91ba56f6d21e0fa0eb74b2062ae.png

image.thumb.png.12ffbc2d1fda978a6b00dce24537c496.png

5/22/20 Polls

District of Columbia

O'Rourke 39%

Warren 37%

Gravel 12%

Montana

O'Rourke 39%

Warren 25%

Gravel 25%

New Jersey

Warren 36%

O'Rourke 35%

Gravel 19%

New Mexico

O'Rourke 49%

Warren 27%

Gravel 10%

South Dakota

O'Rourke 40%

Gravel 30%

Warren 24%

I’m going to write placeholder events, will rewrite them tomorrow,

1. Beto O’Rourke travels to Trenton, NJ, alongside Cory Booker to talk about the hardships of running a business as a woman or minority, and how Beto can help

2. Beto O’Rourke then travels with his friend Cory to Atlantic City, talking about the US military, and how Beto wants to shift the focus to defense spending, instead of foreign conflicts,

3. Beto O’Rourke travels to Washington D.C. to hold a rally, talking about helping make it easier for people to vote,

1. Elizabeth Warren travels to Atlantic City, to campaign alongside both the Governor and Lieutenant Governor of New Jersey. She lets the other two speak first, touting her knowledge of New Jersey and their values, while also saying that she would be a wonderful champion of their values.

2. Elizabeth Warren barnstorms in Trenton, blasting O'Rourke for his position on guns as a "untenable" position for an elected official and says it would be "electoral suicide" in November. She says that the only way that we can win is by being progressive, but not radical.

3. Elizabeth Warren visits Billings, Montana, to tout her stance on a wealth tax, saying that Montana and the nation deserve better than to let the rich plunder them for more money. 

Free Events

1. Elizabeth Warren visits New Mexico to receive the endorsement of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham. Warren says she is a rising star within the Democratic Party and that she is lucky to have one of the nation's top Latinas on her campaign. She says that the nation better take notice of Grisham's leadership in New Mexico.

2. Elizabeth Warren travels back to D.C. to attend a rally with Eleanor Holmes Norton, the DC at large representative. She says that DC deserves statehood, to a large applause. She says that she will get Ms. Holmes Norton in the Senate by the end of her eight years. The rally is raucous and palpable with excitement. 

Mike Gravel barnstorms D.C. and talks to voters about the issues that matter the most, and gathering up support for his cause to further the goals for a better America.

Mike Gravel travels to Atlantic City, New Jersey to about supporting our families

"As the purchasing power of the regular American shrinks, our families find themselves in a tough spot. Debt, expenses, and a lack of quality schooling or parental leave breaks people down and leaves both parents and children worse off. Parents are being brutalized by the countless stresses of our system and it must stop! Right now, the well-off can afford tutors, pre-schools, child caretakers, and more that create a class divide in child-raising itself. By helping those parents and children that need it most, we can ensure that every child gets the support they need and that no parent has to give up their own lives or careers to take care of their children."

"What we need for our moms and dads is a 36 weeks of parental leave, split between parents! A single parent gets the full 36 weeks while a household with both parents, each one obtains 18 weeks but may transfer up to 14 weeks to the other. This paid benefit will be set equal to 100% of earnings up to minimum wage, plus 66% of earnings past the minimum wage. A free child care system that all parents are entitled but not obligated to take part in. If they choose to opt-out, a home child care allowance equal to the per-child wages of child care workers will be given. For our small children, we need high-quality preschool education so they can have a good start when they reach kindergarten. Ensure free school lunches for all students up through high school so no child goes hungry!"

"Children must be given the chance to thrive without their economic status putting them down and parents must be given the resources necessary to help their child grow and be proud as a parent of that child! This is only one of the few things I would do to make sure we have a America that is for the working class and not the wealthy, and a America defined by peace and justice, not by violence, inequality, and poverty."

(Sorry, I’ve been struggling with this quarantined today and tomorrow I’m trying to avoid prolonged periods in front of the computer, Reagan I know this isn’t the quality you signed up for, it isn’t exciting for you, I’m sorry for that)

1. Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Newark, NJ, to discuss how we live in the age of mega corporations, and how they can’t simply be kept out of check, how raising taxes for them won’t really affect them, and how this will have them finally contribute towards our society

(sorry for the hows lol)

2.  Beto O’Rourke flies down to Princeton, NJ, talking about the dangers of allowing social media companies to freely abuse our privacy, our rights, and how Beto would regulate them

3. Beto O’Rourke travels to Santa Fe, NM, to discuss the importance of immigrants, put an end to som rod the misconceptions about immigrants, specifically them taking your jobs,

Free Event:

At a rally in Jersey City, NJ, Beto O’Rourke appears alongside congressman Josh Gottheimer, who talks about how Beto represents the needs and concerns of urban voters, how he will help in making the city life far better by revamping public transportation,

1. Elizabeth Warren visits Newark, NJ, campaigning on her wealth tax and her extensive experience in the financial industry and how she will use it to her advantage to create an America where everyone shares in the wealth.

2. Elizabeth Warren tours Jersey City with the governor and lieutenant governor, speaking to crowds and those gathered around about her policies geared towards health care.

3. Warren campaigns in Princeton, New Jersey, giving the state a full-blown press, campaigning on her ability to win swing states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan (all of which she's won so far). 

1. Elizabeth Warren visits Atlantic City, New Jersey, touting her policy of a wealth tax and stating that she will always be protecting workers and unions in the White House.

2. Elizabeth Warren campaigns across Princeton, New Jersey, stating that she wants to make the world livable again, saying that she wants to end smog and air pollution inside of some of the nation's biggest towns and cities.

3. Warren visits northern New Jersey with the governor and lieutenant governor, speaking to people about their daily lives and what Warren can to do help, whether it be on health care, on climate, or anything else.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:15 PM, Reagan04 said:

5/3 - 6/2/20 Super 5sday Results (NJ, DC, SD, MT, NM, USVI)

Are results tonight?

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

Are results tonight?

Yes, they were supposed to be last night but you know how it goes.