270soft Forum

2020 Roleplay

Elizabeth Warren talks climate change at an event in Evansville, IN.

"Hello!" She smiles as she takes to the stage. "We need to be able to balance the issues of climate and labor in this nation. They are two powerful factions within this Democratic Party. They don't have to be diametrically opposed. They aren't." She says. "Congressman O'Rourke wanted me to treat it like it was in that last debate. But I'm not going to tear apart our fabric of our party by saying that one is more important than the other. They are both important, and both have important concerns. We need to address climate change like the threat it is. We need to protect our jobs like the crisis it is. We need to be willing to put taxes on companies leaving America, we need to be willing to fine them money to pay for a worker's job training and keep our people at work. We need to put money into infrastructure projects like offshore wind, which can provide up to half a million good paying jobs. There are ways to marry labor and the environment. I can do that, and I will do that as President."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

November 3rd, 2020 Popular Vote: 54% Turnout - 139,562,069 votes Donald Trump - 65,636,041 votes (47.03%) Elizabeth Warren - 63,584,479 votes (45.56%) Stephanie Kelton - 8,206

It’s clear Beto would have won 👀😆  

Posted Images

Elizabeth Warren visits Indianapolis with Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown, a now commonplace event at Warren events.

She tours a factory and speaks with union workers. "We need someone that will protect our unions." She says at the event, nodding to the workers in front of her. "Multiple magazines have said that I would be the union's biggest ally in generations in power. And I don't take that title lightly. We need to allow our workers to take action directly to the federal court system. That is imperative to level the playing field. 40% of corporate boards should be represented by their workers. That's not a big ask. We need to make sure that the people that are running our corporations have the interests of the little people at heart. Like I do. We've shown that through our victories in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and beyond, that our campaign has represented labor to the best of our abilities. And we have been rewarded by them."

Elizabeth Warren makes the first visit to New Jersey, in Newark, with an endorser in tow (free event).

Gov Phil Murphy announces that he will be voting for Elizabeth Warren in the state's primary, touting her record on health care and climate change, while stating her nuance with guns and stringent labor background will be able to appeal to Rust Belt voters that the party needs to win come November. He says that New Jersey can aid her in her campaign by voting for a President that they believe in - Elizabeth Warren. 

(Free event 2)

Elizabeth Warren then travels to the bluegrass state of Kentucky, to meet its second endorser of the day, Senate candidate Amy McGrath. The support is particularly necessary considering the amount of Senate hopefuls endorsing Warren for President. 

"We've gotten a lot of them behind us," Warren chuckles as she is interviewed after McGrath's announcement. "I think we need to repeal and replace Mitch McConnell, and those that are trying to do it are backing me. I think that's got a lot to say about unity of the party and who the people that are in this fight trust most to head the ticket. Amy is going to be a great figure on this campaign, and I can't wait to work with her as the next Senator of Kentucky."

(Free event 3)

Warren is the first candidate to visit Nebraska, at a visit in Omaha, she is endorsed by congressional challenger to Rep. Don Bacon, Kara Eastman.

Eastman talks about how Warren will bring back jobs and protect peoples' right to health care. She says that she would be able to work with her easily as President. Warren says that everyone needs to vote for Eastman in the election to provide the party a good chance at a pickup in the heartland. She touts Eastman's leadership abilities and how she deftly handled defeat the last time. 

Mike Gravel travels to Portland, Oregon to talk about Climate Change. 

"I support a Green New Deal, a ambitious and absolutely necessary plan that will put into action what we desperately need to accomplish to ensure not only that our Earth survives as a livable and comfortable planet, but also that we live purposeful, satisfied, and healthy lives. There are billions of people that are at risk from rising ocean waves, a atmosphere that warms up every day, more dangerous storms than ever, and fertile land that slowly decays away. What America needs to do is set up and set an example for the rest of the world. A carbon tax where the money is given to households across the country. Ending the support of the fossil fuel companies by ending subsidies and special tax breaks. New local, state, and national transportation projects, focusing on electric vehicles and ease of transport that is reliable at a low to no-cost to go on. A national Renewable Portfolio Standard, requiring all utility companies to receive a certain percentage of their energy from renewable sources each year. America can do so much to help combat the climate crisis. But we will also work with other countries around the world to fight this problem. This is a issue that the whole world must fight! Through clean energy and infrastructure, jobs, reinvestment, and more, we can not only save the planet but end up with a healthier country that’s more connected, that has better jobs, and that provides for everyone."

Indiana Democratic Primary Results

914,603 votes

Beto O'Rourke - 347,366 votes (37.98%) 31 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 326,239 votes (35.67%) 29 delegates 

Mike Gravel - 240,998 votes (26.35%) 22 delegates

image.thumb.png.f940b35dfc14716f570e41f39cfd5242.png

Kansas Democratic Primary Results

248,112 votes

Beto O'Rourke - 108,797 votes (43.85%) 18 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 80,736 votes (32.54%) 13 delegates

Mike Gravel - 58,579 votes (23.61%) 10 delegates

image.png.cff68c8d2f9b88cc8c569f922e3178b6.png

Guam Democratic Caucuses Final Alignment

1,839 votes

Elizabeth Warren - 781 votes (42.47%) 2 delegates 

Beto O'Rourke - 531 votes (28.87%) 2 delegates

Mike Gravel - 527 votes (28.66%) 2 delegates

State of the Democratic Race Post-Small State 2sday

43,198,999 votes - 3,549 delegates allocated (90.9% of pledged delegates) - 1,953 to win

Beto O'Rourke - 12,336,535 votes (28.56%) 1,159 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 12,895,368 votes (29.85%%) 1,149 delegates

Terry McAuliffe (suspended) - 5,808,930 votes (13.45%) 560 delegates

Mike Gravel - 6,991,358 votes (16.18%) 473 delegates

Bernie Sanders (suspended) - 4,471,138 votes (10.35%) 214 delegates

Andrew Yang (suspended) - 81,487 votes (0.19%) 10 delegates

image.thumb.png.666e942b248e33f3d83e3e98eb3fb403.png

image.thumb.png.6729697101565ffd804b6b3738f7ffa8.png

4/27 - 5/8/20 Campaign Day

4/28 - 5/12/20 Small State 3sday Results (WV, NE) + Campaign in Day

4/29 - 5/15/20 Campaign Day

4/30 - 5/19/20 Small State 4sday Results (KY, OR) + Campaign in Day

5/1 - 5/22/20 Campaign Day

5/2 - 5/29/20 Campaign Day 

5/3 - 6/2/20 Super 5sday Results (NJ, DC, SD, MT, NM, USVI)

@Cenzonico @BetOnBeto @Hestia11 Schedule for remaining primaries. The Results for the rest of the primaries should be up on the normal right after midnight schedule, I had an unexpected complication last night but we should be good going forward.

5/5/20 Polling

Nebraska

O'Rourke 45%

Warren 31%

Gravel 16%

West Virginia

Warren 33%

Gravel 31%

O'Rourke 24%

5/8/20/Polling

Kentucky

Warren 35%

O'Rourke 31%

Gravel 28%

Nebraska

O'Rourke 45%

Warren 31%

Gravel 16%

Oregon

Warren 41%

Gravel 34%

O'Rourke 20%

West Virginia

Warren 33%

Gravel 31%

O'Rourke 24%

Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Portland, OR, to talk about the Indiana results.

”You know, last night we won both states that were voting. Each state counts but that’s not what I’m here to talk about, Im here to talk about how my campaign has persevered against the odds. We started off as more of a long shot, as just a man from El Paso, with a dream to help America, to bring America together. And we continue to surprise pundits, we have continued to surprise people. We were expecting to not win Indiana, but I never believed that. Our ability bring people together, to show to power of bringing people together to achieve a common goal, is underestimated, and I’ve known that for a long time. Our campaign has, and will cost ur to stay strong in all 50 states. How come that with the internet, new ways of communication, our country is more isolated than ever. So I’m calling for America to come together, and America to show this true colors.”

Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Charleston, WV, alongside Senator Joe Manchin. He announced that he is endorsing Beto. 
“I’ve served this state for a long time. Many of you still support me, even though most of you are Democrats. And that’s because I represent the people, not the party. Beto is the same. He deeply cares about the people of America, and I’m know that he will make a great president”

Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Morgantown, WV, to talk about compromise.

”Politics is all about compromise, I hate to say it, but that’s the truth. And that’s where Senator Warren falls short. You see, if we want to get anything done, then we’re going to have to make compromises with our bills to pass bipartisan legislation. Senator Warren may have a plan for everything, but she’s gotten too attached to her bills, and she won’t accept that change will have to happen to them to pass. We need to enact gun control, climate change regulation, and healthcare. If we get stuck in congress debating for too long on these bills, people are going to die, the injustices that plague the country will continue. We can’t have that happen, and that’s why I’ll ensure that we get bipartisan support on everything” 

Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Huntington, WV, alongside Senator Joe Manchin to discuss infrastructure.

”Infrastructure. It might not be sexy, might not seem pressing, but the infrastructure in this country is lacking comparing to the rest of the world, and it’s taking its toll. In some states, half the roads are in poor conditions, bridges are in desperate need of repairs. Furthermore, our public transportation systems need to be updated to the 21st century, as more and more people will start to use public transportation, especially in urban areas like this. You know, many people will disregard infrastructure, call it unneeded, but that’s simply untrue. Poor infrastructure has caused increases in unemployment, studies show. The economy also benefits when we invest in our infrastructure. I am the only candidate running that will offer feasible, comprehensive solutions to these problems. I’m ready to tackle issues no one want Sri tackle, to get it the broom of what really is limiting our country. So will you join me in building up a greater America, one prepared to take on the 21st century.”

Writing up stuff has been horrible for me today, so I apologize for the short responses

1. Warren rallies in Huntington, WV, touting her policies with jobs

2. Warren visits Omaha to blast how O'Rourke never visited the state once with Kara Eastman.

3. Warren tours Kentucky with Amy McGrath

West Virginia Democratic Primary

364,925 votes

Mike Gravel - 121,702 votes (33.35%) 8 delegates

Beto O'Rourke - 121,630 votes (33.33%) 8 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 121,593 votes (33.32%) 8 delegates

image.png.09ed73daaf398adab7ceb4b5d7b6f3b6.png

Nebraska Democratic Primary Results

151,982 votes

Beto O'Rourke - 71,963 votes (47.35%) 12 delegates

Elizabeth Warren - 55,823 votes (36.73%) 9 delegates

Mike Gravel - 24,196 votes (15.92%) 4 delegates

image.png.b46c9144ceef7a3fa33257dbbcf5359d.png

4/28 - 5/15/20 Campaign in Day

4/29 - 5/18/20 Campaign Day

4/30 - 5/19/20 Small State 4sday Results (KY, OR) + Campaign in Day

5/1 - 5/22/20 Campaign Day

5/2 - 5/29/20 Campaign Day 

5/3 - 6/2/20 Super 5sday Results (NJ, DC, SD, MT, NM, USVI)

5/15/20 Polls

District of Columbia

O'Rourke 41%

Warren 36%

Gravel 14%

Kentucky

Warren 32%

O'Rourke 29%

Gravel 27%

Montana

O'Rourke 35%

Warren 27%

Gravel 26%

New Jersey

Warren 33%

O'Rourke 32%

Gravel 22%

New Mexico

O'Rourke 46%

Warren 25%

Gravel 12%

Oregon

Warren 44%

Gravel 31%

O'Rourke 18%

South Dakota

O'Rourke 38%

Warren 29%

Gravel 29%

Governor Andy Beshear holds a rally in Bolling Green, KY, to announce that he is endorsing Beto O’Rourke for President.

“There are only two politicians I know of that bring such vitality, energy to their job, always eager to help the American people, working their hardest every day, and those two people are Barack Obama and Beto O’Rourke. Beto never forgets what his purpose is, to serve the American people, and he will bring a fresh new perspective to the White House. Beto doesn’t ostracize, he doesn’t choose one group over another, rather he has made it his personal goal to bring people together. So let’s all choose Beto, because Beto for America, Beto for All.

Beto O’Rourke holds a rally in Lexington, KY, alongside Gov. Andy Beshear to discuss why a wealth tax should not be implemented.

”Now, I understand the need to end income inequality, which is why I am going to invest in our education system, help minority-owned businesses, end mass incarceration, but the wealth tax is not the way to go about this. I respect Senator Warren, and we agree on many issues, but I’d like to tell you why I will not be implementing a wealth tax. Now, a study done by two University of California Berkeley economists is what Elizabeth Warren bases her reasoning behind, it said that the taxes rates are practically the same on all income levels. But that’s simply not true, it’s been debunked so many times. The truth is, compared to most of the Western world, the US actually has a quite progressive tax system. There are other ways to raise the funds to achieve what we want to do, by ending tax breaks for fossil fuel companies and raising taxes on mega corporations. By implementing a wealth tax we are holding the growth, development and the production of our economy hostage. This is not the American dream. And that is why I am standing against TV the wealth tax, because though it might not seem like it, this is the best decisions for the American people to move forward, and to help America thrive.”