270soft Forum

2020 Roleplay

8 hours ago, Rodja said:

Bernie Sanders raised 8 million $ from his online base since campaign announcement.

Sanders campaigns in New Hampshire on issue of Medicare For All

I just want to point out that Sanders raised 10 million in the first week and 20k overall in January. Not sure how much of that is factored into your starting balance of 20mil, though. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

November 3rd, 2020 Popular Vote: 54% Turnout - 139,562,069 votes Donald Trump - 65,636,041 votes (47.03%) Elizabeth Warren - 63,584,479 votes (45.56%) Stephanie Kelton - 8,206

It’s clear Beto would have won 👀😆  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Nationwide Opinion Polls

Bernie Sanders 27%

Elizabeth Warren 18%

Pete Buttigieg 12%

Beto O'Rourke 7%

Cory Booker 5%

Andrew Yang 3%

Julian Castro 2%

Steve Bullock 2%

John Delaney 1%

Mike Gravel 0%

Interesting starting percentages! With Biden nor Klobuchar not occupying the moderate lane, I might recommend boosting some moderate leaning candidates a bit. Voters are going to have to coalesce around a moderate candidate with the two heavy weights out for now. Perhaps Bullock, Beto (pre-mandatory buyback), and potentially Castro could benefit. 

Iowa

Warren 37%

Sanders 17%

Buttigieg 16%

O'Rourke 2%

Yang  2%

Castro 1%

Delaney 1%

Booker 1%

Bullock 0%

Gravel 0%

Moderates definitely have not found their candidate in Iowa yet. 

New Hampshire

Sanders 23%

Buttigieg 15%

Booker 13%

Warren 13%

O'Rourke 11%

Yang 1%

Delaney 0%

Bullock 0%

Castro 0%

Gravel 0%

New Hampshire is wide open. C'mon Beto, if you can keep the momentum you could win here 😛 

What date are we at, by the way?

8 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I am hoping to work with Jinsu to address these concerns, which I share.

Howie Hawkins is able to raise 100,000 dollars from grassroots donors in the first two weeks since announcing his presidential campaign

The Green Party petitions for ballot access in Ohio, Vermont, and Alaska

Hawkins campaigns in Michigan, reminding voters of his background, detailed his position on pensions, and railed against free-trade deals like NAFTA/USMCA:

"I'm not a typical politician, I don't have a Super-PAC, I'm not a millionaire, and I, just like millions of my fellow Teamsters, have had my pension cut, because congress passed the Multiemployer Pension Reform Act in 2014 with bipartisan support. Neither party has done anything to correct that, which is why I am seeking the Green Party nomination for President. What I advocate is rather simple, and can be broken down into four easy to understand steps

1. Appoint a Treasury Secretary Who Will Stop Approving Pension Cuts.

2. Repeal the Multiemployer Pension Reform Act to restore protection of our pensions under ERISA.

3. Enact the Keep Our Pension Promises Act, introduced by Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Senate and Rep. Marcy Kaptur in the House in 2015. It would close two tax loopholes that benefit only the very rich and use the revenues to shore up the assets of pension plans that are in trouble and to pay beneficiaries the full benefits they have earned.

4. Double Social Security Benefits. By removing the tax cap on high income earners and some other progressive tax reforms, we can double the benefits our public pension system provides to ensure a secure retirement for all.

I'd also like to take a moment to remind you all that the Green party is opposed to free-trade deals, like USMCA, which is nothing but an updated version of NAFTA, which has been central to the destruction of manufacturing in the US, to the displacement of small farmers in the US and Mexico, and to the devastation of the environment throughout North America. We need a fair trade agreement, not a new NAFTA."

Mike Gravel campaigns in Concord, New Hampshire about ending the endless wars or “regime change” wars saying "What are these wars good for?"

Elizabeth Warren bills herself as the “progressive who can make change happen” at a campaign stop in Nashua, NH. 

10 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Interesting starting percentages! With Biden nor Klobuchar not occupying the moderate lane, I might recommend boosting some moderate leaning candidates a bit. Voters are going to have to coalesce around a moderate candidate with the two heavy weights out for now. Perhaps Bullock, Beto (pre-mandatory buyback), and potentially Castro could benefit. 

Moderates definitely have not found their candidate in Iowa yet. 

New Hampshire is wide open. C'mon Beto, if you can keep the momentum you could win here 😛 

Just paseed June 24...

NBC releases June 26th Democratic Debate Invitations for Top 10 Democrats

June 26th - Arsht Center in Miami, Florida hosted by Lester Holt ( @Reagan04 )

Center: Bernie Sanders @Rodja

Center-Left: Elizabeth Warren @Hestia11

Center-Right: Pete Buttigieg @Edouard

2nd from Left: Beto O'Rourke @FeeltheBern

2nd from Right: Cory Booker @TheMiddlePolitical

3rd from Left: Andrew Yang @Mr.Blood

3rd from Right: Julian Castro @Herbert Hoover

4th from Left: Steve Bullock @MishFox

4th from Right: John Delaney @Conservative Elector 2

5th from Left: Mike Gravel @guythatsacentrist

10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

delete - just saw the message.

20 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

OOC: How exactly debates handled? It might be a bit troublesome to do a thread with this many candidates. 

Maybe candidates can set a general policy focus, can decide if they want to go on the aggressive against anyone, and then you randomize the results in a realistic margin as far as what you think might happen. Just an idea as I'm not sure exactly how this would go :)

36 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

(Its nice to know Mike Gravel is considered a "Top Democrat")

15 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

OOC: How exactly debates handled? It might be a bit troublesome to do a thread with this many candidates. 

Maybe candidates can set a general policy focus, can decide if they want to go on the aggressive against anyone, and then you randomize the results in a realistic margin as far as what you think might happen. Just an idea as I'm not sure exactly how this would go :)

We'll do the first debate the way we've always done it, and if that's too cumbersome, then I'll test other methods, check your pms.

I think I mentioned this, but it got erased or something.

If you are third party/independent, if you want to collect signatures, go to three places and collect signatures there. I'll throw the dice, and see how many you go. If you get ballot access. I'll announce it.

In fact, I announce that Don Blankenship has gotten Ballot Access it Tennessee.

I use the values from here:

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates

For Georgia and Arizona, I'll use the 2016 value (7500 and 36000 respectively.)

Nina Turner campaigns for Sanders in Iowa,talks about his history in civil rights movement.

John Delaney spends 300k on TV ads in Iowa.

At a Beto O’Rourke campaign event in Manchester, NH, Martin O’Malley talks about why Beto is the best bet to beat Trump in the General Election, and how in a word of political polarization Beto best represents the moderate democrats who don’t necessarily want radical political reform

Donald Trump posted  "Wow! Crazy Dreamer Bernie is the top candidate in the primary!  I want to compete with him to win easy. Other democrats look just weak. " on his twitter.  He went to Austin, TX. He talked his great economic outcome and special platform for TX.

Ivanka Trump lunched fundraising event in New York City. 

Fmr Mayor. Giuliani said " GOP politicians need to endorse Donald Trump to unite the party. " 

As a reminder, for normal endorsements one at a time. (1 per 24 hours)

For big endorsements (well, those take longer.)

For small ones like state legislators (1~20 at a time). I'll randomize and see how many endorse you. Also provide a list in that case.

The day of the June 26th debate the Yang campaign launches a $350,000 target for the campaign to raise by midnight. They raise it and announce they are spending $300,000 on radio ads in the Super Tuesday states of NC, MA, and CA($100,000 in NC and MA, rest in CA). The campaign also announces the endorsement of Mike Honda(Former Rep, CA-15) and announce he will soon join them on the campaign trail in CA, as well as being named head of ground operations in CA.

The Mike Gravel campaign is pleased to announce that Former Representative Dennis Kucinich (OH-10) has endorsed Mike Gravel for the 2020 Democratic nomination!