270soft Forum

2020 Roleplay

14 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

For scandals, choose a number between 1 and 1000. Every now and then, I'll go to randomizer.org, and if your number ever shows up, well...a scandal breaks out.

777, please! Can't go wrong with a number so lucky.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

November 3rd, 2020 Popular Vote: 54% Turnout - 139,562,069 votes Donald Trump - 65,636,041 votes (47.03%) Elizabeth Warren - 63,584,479 votes (45.56%) Stephanie Kelton - 8,206

It’s clear Beto would have won 👀😆  

Posted Images

On 2/21/2020 at 4:48 AM, Jinsu Kim said:

So, I'm making endorsements, and I'm having a bit of trouble (there are so many). Do I go comprehensive or selective? Or, should I just leave off making a list and refer people to endorsement lists in Wikipedia, etc.?

I see there are lots of Democrats running here, again, if you need help running media/polls/interviews and Amy is less needed, I can certainly help you, not sure what your schedule is like so let me know when you're on.

16 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

For scandals, choose a number between 1 and 1000. Every now and then, I'll go to randomizer.org, and if your number ever shows up, well...a scandal breaks out.

999, not 1000

18 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

You can also run ads. Make sure you specify whether it is TV, Radio, Newspaper, or Web ad, and how much money you (realistically) spent. You can also fundraise to get money (but please make sure the numbers are realistic)

So far campaign amounts:

Trump $40M

Biden $12M

Sanders $20M

Warren $10M

Buttigieg $1M

Yang $200,000

Delaney $500,000

Booker $5M

Castro $100,000

Bullock $100,000

Supreme $0

Chafee $0

Hawkins $0

Blankenship $0

Yang will mainly spend his time fundraising in California and Texas while campaigning there, and raised about $50,000. The campaign will also spend $100,000 in newspaper ads in SC, NC, and MA over a course of 2 weeks.

5 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I see there are lots of Democrats running here, again, if you need help running media/polls/interviews and Amy is less needed, I can certainly help you, not sure what your schedule is like so let me know when you're on.

You can run as Amy Klobuchar. If you want to do media, that's fine as well. It's not November in the timeline yet. I'm not sure what you'll do, but if you announce as Amy, I'll put your name up there.

1 minute ago, Jinsu Kim said:

You can run as Amy Klobuchar. If you want to do media, that's fine as well. It's not November in the timeline yet.

Well, I see that we have lots of Democrats running, though curious no one seriously in the moderate lane like Biden or Klobuchar. I'd very much like to help moderate if you do need it, if I do help you, I'd prefer to stay out of the actual game play though, so no visage of bias would be present.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Well, I see that we have lots of Democrats running, though curious no one seriously in the moderate lane like Biden or Klobuchar. I'd very much like to help moderate if you do need it, if I do help you, I'd prefer to stay out of the actual game play though, so no visage of bias would be present.

So then, you can do the interviews, debates, etc. Thank you.😁

Just now, Jinsu Kim said:

So then, you can do the interviews, debates, etc. Thank you.😁

Sounds great, I just hope someone picks up the mantle of the moderate!

Nationwide Opinion Polls

Bernie Sanders 27%

Elizabeth Warren 18%

Pete Buttigieg 12%

Beto O'Rourke 7%

Cory Booker 5%

Andrew Yang 3%

Julian Castro 2%

Steve Bullock 2%

John Delaney 1%

Mike Gravel 0%

Iowa

Warren 37%

Sanders 17%

Buttigieg 16%

O'Rourke 2%

Yang  2%

Castro 1%

Delaney 1%

Booker 1%

Bullock 0%

Gravel 0%

New Hampshire

Sanders 23%

Buttigieg 15%

Booker 13%

Warren 13%

O'Rourke 11%

Yang 1%

Delaney 0%

Bullock 0%

Castro 0%

Gravel 0%

Events

Xi Jin-ping meets with Kim Jong-un.

The Supreme Court decides that Virginia's Gerrymandered map will um...stay Gerrymandered. The vote results were unusual, those voting aye being: Ginsburg, Thomas, Gorsuch, Sotomayer, and Kagan.

Justin Amash leaves the Freedom Caucus.

Roy Moore announces that he'll run for U.S. Senator again.

Trump meets with the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.

New sanctions are implemented against Iran by the United States.

23 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

You can also run ads. Make sure you specify whether it is TV, Radio, Newspaper, or Web ad, and how much money you (realistically) spent. You can also fundraise to get money (but please make sure the numbers are realistic)

So far campaign amounts:

Trump $40M

Biden $12M

Sanders $20M

Warren $10M

Buttigieg $1M

Yang $200,000

Delaney $500,000

Booker $5M

Castro $100,000

Bullock $100,000

Supreme $0

Chafee $0

Hawkins $0

Blankenship $0

Since announcing his presidential bid, Beto O’Rourke has raised 6 million dollars online, mainly from small donors. He decides to campaign in Iowa.

1 hour ago, FeeltheBern said:

So far campaign amounts:

Trump $40M

Biden $12M

Sanders $20M

Warren $10M

Buttigieg $1M

Yang $200,000

Delaney $500,000

Booker $5M

Castro $100,000

Bullock $100,000

Supreme $0

Chafee $0

Hawkins $0

Blankenship $0

Bernie Sanders raised 8 million $ from his online base since campaign announcement.

Sanders campaigns in New Hampshire on issue of Medicare For All

3 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Trump meets with the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.

Sanders campaign tweeted:Interesting to see how our President has hard time with allies but gets along just fine with authoritarians like Putin,Kim Jong Un and MBS.

2 hours ago, FeeltheBern said:

Since announcing his presidential bid, Beto O’Rourke has raised 6 million dollars online, mainly from small donors. He decides to campaign in Iowa.

Now, Beto has $10.4 million.

Note: When I meant surrogates, it doesn't mean you can't use the endorsements as your surrogates. It means that those are the ones that you will begin with.

The Constitution Party collects signatures in Tennessee, West Virginia, and New Jersey for Don Blankenship.

Don Blankenship campaigns in West Virginia. "The Climate Change thing is a hoax and a conspiracy by politicians that want your tax money. I'm telling you. That especially applies to Greedy Greniac Gore."

The statements arouse controversy.

Julian Castro raises 800k in first two weeks since announcing longshot bid for president. (He raised 1.2mil the first quarter, I believe.) 

Castro spends much of the first two weeks in various states that would increase his long term grassroots funding and debate eligibility. This includes Texas, California, Florida, and Nevada, which he sees as the key to his campaign.

Castro blasts Roy Moore's decision to jump back into the Alabama Senate race. "Moore represents the worst of our nation. The votere of Alabama rejected him once, and they'll do it again. Doug Jones will easily win against a predator like Moore."

Delaney campaigns in Iowa, where he also holds a fundraiser.

Castro blasts Nevada with 200k worth of television ads, stressing his attachment to the Obama administration and his "clear status" as the successor to Obama's legacy. 

"Castro has worked closely with President Obama to bring equality to African Americans, Latinos, and other minorities.
*clip of Castro speaking with Obama, Biden, discussing a proposal in office*

Castro has proven that he can win - even in the suburbs of Texas! 
*clip of Castro's victory speech after winning the Mayoral race in San Antonio*

For Americans who want a candidate that represents them, and one who understands the struggles of the average American, Castro is asking for your vote. 

Together we can expand healthcare, 
*clip of Obama signing the Affordable Care Act into law*
 protect our immigrants,
*clip of imprisoned unauthorized migrants in Trump's camps*
and defeat Donald Trump in November!

We are one nation. One destiny. And Castro will move us forward together. 
*Fade into Castro looking stoic/presidential for the final shot*

This ad paid for by Castro for America."