270soft Forum

2020 Roleplay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

November 3rd, 2020 Popular Vote: 54% Turnout - 139,562,069 votes Donald Trump - 65,636,041 votes (47.03%) Elizabeth Warren - 63,584,479 votes (45.56%) Stephanie Kelton - 8,206

It’s clear Beto would have won 👀😆  

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Edouard said:

@Jinsu Kim as a veteran from the Democratic races of 1988 and 2016 with Al Gore each time I recommend to play swift turns 😛 

Like 2 weeks by turn or 1 week by turn and couple of days during primaries

I encourage you to add events

Like this? 3 days = 2 weeks?

3 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Like this? 3 days = 2 weeks?

Yeah in this kind :) 

Both in 1988 and 2016 we started in june and we advanced by cupple of days (like 3 days by turn) it was too long

After barely 7 months of IN REAL LIFE Roleplay we almost advanced of 7 months in the primary 😛

A primary is very long and with debates + events the best is to limit turns to a decent amount

Just now, Edouard said:

Yeah in this kind :) 

Both in 1988 and 2016 we started in june and we advanced by cupple of days (like 3 days by turn) it was too long

After barely 7 months of IN REAL LIFE Roleplay we almost advanced of 7 months in the primary 😛

A primary is very long and with debates + events the best is to limit turns to a decent amount

Okay, 3 days = 2 weeks applied. I did worry about the super long timeline. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the 2016 roleplay, the moderator played two candidates, so I'll play one of them.

Don Blankenship announced his candidacy for President. He announced that he was going to run for the Constitution Party. "I'm going to do what Donald Trump promised he'll do. That's why I'm better than him. I will keep promises that he has not kept. I'm Trumpier than he is. I'll unite the country, and we'll ditch corrupt Cocaine Mitch, his Chinaperson wife, the human rights abusing UN, Crazy Nancy, Greeniac Gore, and Commie Bernie."

Note: This is not a personal endorsement of Blankenship or any of his dishonorable, criminal, and probable racist conduct. It's just fun to play crazy candidates.

You can also run ads. Make sure you specify whether it is TV, Radio, Newspaper, or Web ad, and how much money you (realistically) spent. You can also fundraise to get money (but please make sure the numbers are realistic)

So far campaign amounts:

Trump $40M

Biden $12M

Sanders $20M

Warren $10M

Buttigieg $1M

Yang $200,000

Delaney $500,000

Booker $5M

Castro $100,000

Bullock $100,000

Supreme $0

Chafee $0

Hawkins $0

Blankenship $0

2 hours ago, guythatsacentrist said:

Can i join in late and be Mike Gravel?

2 hours ago, FeeltheBern said:

Any chance I can jump in last minute as Beto?

Sure, go on ahead. In fact, you can join late, but beware filing deadlines begin in November.:P

7 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

For scandals, choose a number between 1 and 1000. Every now and then, I'll go to randomizer.org, and if your number ever shows up, well...a scandal breaks out.

7 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Trump $40M

Biden $12M

Sanders $20M

Warren $10M

Buttigieg $1M

Yang $200,000

Delaney $500,000

Booker $5M

Castro $100,000

Bullock $100,000

Supreme $0

Chafee $0

Hawkins $0

Blankenship $0

Sanders will spend 2 million $ on advertising in IA,NH,NV and SC(500k in each) to run TV ads about his long record of pushing for universal healthcare.

8 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

For scandals, choose a number between 1 and 1000. Every now and then, I'll go to randomizer.org, and if your number ever shows up, well...a scandal breaks out.

10 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Due to time zone issues, I'll not be able to moderate debates. If nobody plays a media person, I'll just say the debate happened and give debate values based on PI.

I can help you be a moderator/media person if you need as much as I wanted to play Amy I could try my hand at co-moderating to help you with polls and debates and media stories if you need?

Beto O’Rourke announces his 2020 presidential run over a video, stressing the need for “building a movement in this time of peril”. He outlines his key issues, with them being background checks on firearms, renewed expansion and coverage for the Affordable Care Act and revamping the national student debt-relief programs

11 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

After reports that he wasn't opposed to running for President, former Rhode Island senator Lincoln Chafee has declared he is in the running for the Libertarian party nomination. Chafee suggested that he loved a "good challenge" and that he called to his history of being a socially liberal and fiscally conservative throughout his career saying that he felt like the Libertarian party represented his views the best.

13 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said: