270soft Forum

NV Debate: Early Thoughts

17 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I was actually citing the same article, but from memory so I mixed up the years.  And it was $34,000 that I was thinking of, not the $38,000 I stated.  Not sure why you left out the 34k when you were referencing the exact same article.

Regardless, even at his peak year of $150k (which was his mayor salary, and he's no longer the mayor), he was still infinitely closer to middle class than the millionaires and billionaires he's competing against.

Also, I don't know how much you think Professors make.  

Here's a picture of Pete playing Nintendo with his dad.  Does this look like the home of a wealthy family?Nintendo.thumb.jpg.9ed1d268023578dbbdd47c8999b9ebd0.jpg

Is that a dog?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I wasn’t there, but it looks like one.

It might be a cat. A dog usually wags a tail, which means the image would be blurry there. A cat usually has its tail elevated like that when it's happy. However, it seems to big to be a cat, but that might just be because the pet is closer to the camera. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

It might be a cat. A dog usually wags a tail, which means the image would be blurry there. A cat usually has its tail elevated like that when it's happy. However, it seems to big to be a cat, but that might just be because the pet is closer to the camera. 

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

You guys are so biased, you can't even tell dogs from cats! It's totally a cat. 😺

43 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ha, that just makes me like him more.  #TeamCat  #DownWithDogs  ;c)

Are you guys all blind? It's obviously a highly overfed ferret who just walked across a rug high on static charge. :P

Warren soundbites coming from attacking the weakest and most vulnerable candidate on stage (Bloomberg) is a saving grace to her. She really didn't have a remarkable debate outside of that.

Oh yeah and I just have to point out something I have noticed and I'm wondering if anyone else has, does it seem to anyone else like Warren loves piggybacking off arguments between other candidates and trying to present herself as the higher being? A good example is the other night when Amy and Pete were arguing, Pete was offering the legitimate argument that Amy isn't what she thinks she is and she is way more right than she is portraying herself and Warren comes through with "being mean to her isnt fair!" to a standing applause.

2 minutes ago, wolves said:

Warren comes through with "being mean to her isnt fair!" to a standing applause.

Because kindergarten conduct rules work so well in politics. It just isn't fair to be mean. Following such rules is exactly how Trump got elected in the first. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. But since almost all political issues are not nice in nature... :S

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Because kindergarten conduct rules work so well in politics. It just isn't fair to be mean. Following such rules is exactly how Trump got elected in the first. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. But since almost all political issues are not nice in nature... :S

I seem to find the more left I move the more I agree with you lol, yes it is also insane to me how absolutely childish our politics are and how much we all tolerate it and then we switch back the second we find something "likable" e.g. defending of a helpless poor rich person on a debate stage getting toasted for bad things theyve done

1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

Just saw something that said Bloomberg’s net favorability fell by 20 points overall and 30 points by Moderate Democrats. Big movement....

He went down 2% in a post-debate poll, not a lot of movement but it definitely dented his momentum. I would recommend everyone here to keep an eye on his results in open primary vs closed primary states, I suspect a lot of independents and disenfranchised republicans will be his own personal workhorses in terms of going to the polls.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:53 AM, billay said:

I voted for Gary Johnson last time and will be voting for Sanders in the Missouri primary. 

I'll leave the board if differing opinions arent welcomed. This place does have a very 2016 Clinton feel where we cant possibly suggest Trump could win and we cant criticize anything the Democrats do.

Sorry man, just not used to your aggressiveness. Most people in this forum are slightly more civil in disagreeing haha

On 2/21/2020 at 3:29 AM, Patine said:

I think he MAY be someone whose previously been on these forums before under a different username. The problem is, I can think of several different plausible candidates as to that is. :S

Do you mean here the candidates you REALLY think would be best for, and serve best, the interests, demands, and viewpoints of the Democratic voter base, or just who you would like to see as the only other viable candidate to Trump (as thus, in the rigged American two-party system, the only other one with a realistic chance of winning)? Be honest here.

Just an observation. When the Democrats have a primary, there seems to be an obsession with pandering to the center-right. And the center-right (wrongfully) thinks that the Democrats should choose a republican-lite to appease them, as if the entire existence of the Democratic Party is to exist as Republican 2.0.
I mean, I would prefer the Republicans chose Kasich on 2016, but as a Leftist I don't think I deserve to have a voice on how the RIGHT-wing party chooses their candidates.

The Media also has this bias, when the Republicans choose their candidates no one talks about the Republican Candidate's appeal to Democrats. If it does exist, I don't think it's as worse as it is on the Democratic Side. 

11 hours ago, CentristGuy said:

Just an observation. When the Democrats have a primary, there seems to be an obsession with pandering to the center-right. And the center-right (wrongfully) thinks that the Democrats should choose a republican-lite to appease them, as if the entire existence of the Democratic Party is to exist as Republican 2.0.
I mean, I would prefer the Republicans chose Kasich on 2016, but as a Leftist I don't think I deserve to have a voice on how the RIGHT-wing party chooses their candidates.

The Media also has this bias, when the Republicans choose their candidates no one talks about the Republican Candidate's appeal to Democrats. If it does exist, I don't think it's as worse as it is on the Democratic Side. 

the entire existence of the Democratic Party IS to exist as Republican 2.0