Jump to content
270soft Forum

Terrible!


Wiw
 Share

Recommended Posts

Now they're blowing up tribal burial sites just for the hell of it!

https://supermary64.tumblr.com/post/190821467937/colonialism-is-not-a-concept-of-a-bygone-era

You can't tell me they're doing this for a wall, that's not happening. This is just... spite! The worst part is we can't do boo about it, since Trump will be re-elected. What's he gonna do next, knock down the Washington Monument?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Now they're blowing up tribal burial sites just for the hell of it!

https://supermary64.tumblr.com/post/190821467937/colonialism-is-not-a-concept-of-a-bygone-era

You can't tell me they're doing this for a wall, that's not happening. This is just... spite! The worst part is we can't do boo about it, since Trump will be re-elected. What's he gonna do next, knock down the Washington Monument?!

Why have I never heard you crying for the Egyptian Pharoahs and bog bodies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wiw said:

I... don't know what you mean.

People interned funereally using old and archaic ceremonial and ritual send-off's having their remains and gravesites disturbed for reasons many would consider flimsy. How do you prioritize which is acceptable and which is a travesty, and by what criteria?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

People interned funereally using old and archaic ceremonial and ritual send-off's having their remains and gravesites disturbed for reasons many would consider flimsy. How do you prioritize which is acceptable and which is a travesty, and by what criteria?

Well... I mean, for the Egyptian pharaohs, their tombs were opened for study, right? Although I am aware that there was some grave-robbing... but here, they didn't even do that, they just... blew up everything! The point is, colonialism is not a concept of a bygone era, and we're treating it like it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Well... I mean, for the Egyptian pharaohs, their tombs were opened for study, right? Although I am aware that there was some grave-robbing... but here, they didn't even do that, they just... blew up everything!

Pragmatically, funerals, graveyards, burial sites, crypts, tombs, memorials, etc., are for the living left behind, not for the dead.

There is far, far worse that Donald Trump, and other American political leaders of both parties, and other leaders around the worse, should be made to answer for. Crimes of horrible and monstrous nature against the living, or turning the living to the dead - but not to the dead, as any significant priority, who are blithely in the Great Beyond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dammit! I can't take the pressure! The truth is, everything I read breaks my heart and my capacity to empathize and be outraged is absolutely on overdrive. There's no relief! There's no end! And like I said before, it's impossible to change anything!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Dammit! I can't take the pressure! The truth is, everything I read breaks my heart and my capacity to empathize and be outraged is absolutely on overdrive. There's no relief! There's no end! And like I said before, it's impossible to change anything!

I know how it feels. I was just mocked upthread (as you saw) for my tendencies in that direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wiw said:

But then... are we supposed to just wait to die? This sounds terribly gruesome, and we are a hopeful, optimistic people. Is there anything we can do?

I have ideas, as you've seen. But they don't seem to be very popular. They must be like "looking at yourself in the mirror and swallowing your medicine," as opposed to yet another "sugary snack, rich ou deurve and cognac," that seems to be the fair, in comparison, mainstream ideologues are offering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Patine said:

Pragmatically, funerals, graveyards, burial sites, crypts, tombs, memorials, etc., are for the living left behind, not for the dead.

There is far, far worse that Donald Trump, and other American political leaders of both parties, and other leaders around the worse, should be made to answer for. Crimes of horrible and monstrous nature against the living, or turning the living to the dead - but not to the dead, as any significant priority, who are blithely in the Great Beyond.

I think the issue is that its 2020 and native american legacy on United States society is STILL being ignored and even more vandalized. The thing is though, it has always happened and until the world is progressive enough to realize it, it will continue to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...