270soft Forum

Ranked Choice Voting

MishFox

21 minutes ago, MishFox said:

I've played a few games in PI, and PMI:UK where I have enabled RCV, however it doesn't seem to have changed much that I've noticed. How exactly does it work, or is it still a WIP?

There are electoral mechanisms that SHOULD have MUCH higher priority in these TheorySpark games. But Anthony's priorities and marketing scheme seem counter-intuitive, from my perspective.

23 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Don't know what you're saying here exactly - can you rephrase?

Yeah sure. So for PI specifically, whenever RCV goes into effect it seems as if the candidate who was eliminated has their votes split between the top two candidates, but I could be wrong. Do voters select their second choice based on who has the closest ideology to theirs, or who has a higher favorability, or momentum, or what? 

27 minutes ago, MishFox said:

Yeah sure. So for PI specifically, whenever RCV goes into effect it seems as if the candidate who was eliminated has their votes split between the top two candidates, but I could be wrong. Do voters select their second choice based on who has the closest ideology to theirs, or who has a higher favorability, or momentum, or what? 

Like I said, we REALLY need a lot more electoral mechanics options in these games that SHOULD have been much higher priority, and even seriously addressed already above this one, frankly. Anthony has an excellent election simulator series of games, and I just can't understood his self-imposed limits to shy to away from electoral mechanics outside the extremely limited and narrow box of options and availabilities he focuses on. The vast majority of very interesting, important, and pivotal elections out there, currently and important, are blatantly impossible to be done justice to by his engines, and his updates just focus on more "gravy," for official scenarios idiosyncracies for 21st Century major Anglo-Sphere elections. These games can be SO much more, @admin_270!

On 1/11/2020 at 4:11 PM, MishFox said:

Favorability scores are what determine voter choice with ranked-choice as well as regular voting.