270soft Forum

How Far Along Is The Next Update

May I be so bold as to ask what exactly a percentage, with no timeframe, will tell anyone?

It'll be done when it's done. Kicking the front seats and asking "are we there yet? are we there yet? what percentage would you say we're done? are we there yet?" won't speed the process up.

HE won't give us a date because then people will be angry at him for missing that date, If he gave us a percentage he wouldn't have any deadline.

How so?

The percentage is non-binding. If he realizes he's mis-coded something, and knocks the percentage back a bit, people will be upset. If he works unevenly, so that it takes a week to knock out 20%, but he makes slow progress over the next month and only gets rid of 5%, people will be upset.

Furthermore, it tells you nothing, because it's non-binding.

I can make a pretty good guess.

For the Canadian and Australian versions, they came out very close to the election, and included most candidates in there and the real election date. So my guess is that we won't see it until after Blair has called the election and until most of the candidates would have been announced.