270soft Forum

Greatest Empire Poll

Greatest Empire Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Empire do you think will eventually be considered the greatest empire in human civilization?

• Roman Empire
    • Ghana Empire
    • Holy Roman Empire
    • Frankish Empire
    • Ottoman Empire
    • Portuguese Empire
    • Spanish Empire
    • Abbasid Caliphate
    • French Empire
    • Egyptian Empire
    • Mongol Empire
    • British Empire
    • Mughal Empire
    • Aztec Empire
    • Persian Empire
    • Soviet Empire
    • Timurid Empire
    • Hunnic Empire
    • Inca Empire
    • American Empire
  2. 2. Which country is most likely to surpass the United States to become the next ranking superpower in the world?

• China
    • Russia
    • The European Union
    • India
    • Brazil
    • Japan
    • The United Nations
    • None. The United States of America will be the last top superpower either because America will not decline as former superpowers have or because the world will end before another power overtakes America.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Many States in the West have much higher percentages.

It's true that some states in the West have high Native American %s. But why is that relevant to my point that the U.S. has fewer Native Americans per capita, and so (I conjecture) it's not as high profile an issue?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, admin_270 said:

It's true that some states in the West have high Native American %s. But why is that relevant to my point that the U.S. has fewer Native Americans per capita, and so (I conjecture) it's not as high profile an issue?

Because the United States has a Federal (and strongly so, and often harped upon) system of national-to-first-tier-administrative-subdivision relationship form of government, instead of a Unitary one.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Can you rephrase? Can't parse.

Because State level issues are very important, too, in the U.S. (well, Provincial issues are in Canada, too, but...). A government official from South Dakota, Arizona, or Oregon would have more Native American-based casework than one from Delaware or New Jersey, basically.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Because State level issues are very important, too, in the U.S. (well, Provincial issues are in Canada, too, but...). A government official from South Dakota, Arizona, or Oregon would have more Native American-based casework than one from Delaware or New Jersey, basically.

I understand they would be more important at the state level. I'm talking about national-level. I am not familiar with the political scene in Alaska, or South Dakota, or Oklahoma, very well, so can't comment.