270soft Forum

MattyN's New Scenario

I'm working on a Governor of New York scenario.

Problem? My map of New York is itty bitty and may not be useful in the PF software. Currently: Working on inputting all of the counties into the regional factors section, including populations, new electoral votes, date of joining the state as Counties, and electoral trends. If anyone wants to help me with a map of New York, with all the counties, (NYC turned into 2 counties), I'd be much abliged.

I got it myself! I divided up the State into different parts, not with counties, (counties were too small). It's a bit unrealistic since we don't use an electoral college for New York, but here's a ScreenShot:

13932_p236359.png

Candidates

Republican - Rudolph Giuliani, George Pataki, Michael Benjamin, Lt. Gov. Mary O. Donohue

Demcratic - State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, Hillary Clinton, (there's also a hidden candidate for this or the Green Party)

Independence - Thomas Golisano, Lt. GOv. Mary O. Donohue, (officially she's in both parties...I thought it would be interesting if she'd jump ship on the Republicans).

Green - Jason West (former Mayor of New Paltz who got known Nationally for acknowledging gay marriages).

I'm going to add more Democrats later, and probably remove Hillary....well, maybe :P

People interested?

Finally Done, will be submitting it soon:

Republican - Rudolph Giuliani, George Pataki, Michael Benjamin, Lt. Gov. Mary O. Donohue, State Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno

Demcratic - State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, Senator Hillary Clinton, Rev. Al Sharpton, Andrew Cuomo, Fmr. Lt. Gov. Betsy M. Ross (Pataki's first term Lt. Gov. who not only ripped him apart after the first term, left the party, became a Democrat, and ran as the Liberal candidate in 1998 against him).

Independence - Thomas Golisano, Lt. Gov. Mary O. Donohue, (officially she's in both parties...I thought it would be interesting if she'd jump ship on the Republicans), Anthony Orsini (I just pulled this guy out of my hat, he's the chairman of the Eerie County Independence Party, which is stronger there than in other parts of the state).

Green - Jason West (former Mayor of New Paltz who got known Nationally for acknowledging gay marriages), et all...

There are two additional Green Party candidates, neither of which are as realistic a candidate as Jason West :D