270soft Forum

Getting to know everyone better

On 11/20/2019 at 5:50 AM, Dr. Insano said:

I believe we've done this couple years back but I think it would be cool for us to all try to get to know each other a little bit better.

1. Where do you live? 

2. What is your first name? 

3. How old are you? 

4. What caused you to get interested in politics and the President Infinity games? 

5. Name one thing interesting about yourself.

Here's mine 

1. I live in Akron, Ohio

2. Sean

3. 21 years old 

4. I originally played The Political Machine 2004, an old computer game I got in a white elephant gift exchange for my Government class in school, I eventually came across President Infinity games. I've always been interested in politics even as a kid in middle school, mostly because I loved history.

5. I enjoy going to haunted places that are in Ohio, which has one of the highest number of haunted locations in the United States. 

1: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom.

2: Matthew.

3: 21.

4: I had depression from 2015 following a close family bereavement and I already had an idea where I stood politically so I just started volunteering in the 2015 General Election for the local Labour parliamentary candidate and then joined Labour Party after the election as I enjoyed volunteering so much, I originally was big into NationStates and still sort of am and there was no good detailed election simulators aside from this series and I wanted to create elections for my nations on NationStates originally via the PI series.

5:  I trained to be a professional wrestler for a while.

19 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

4: I had depression from 2015 following a close family bereavement and I already had an idea where I stood politically so I just started volunteering in the 2015 General Election for the local Labour parliamentary candidate and then joined Labour Party after the election as I enjoyed volunteering so much, I originally was big into NationStates and still sort of am and there was no good detailed election simulators aside from this series and I wanted to create elections for my nations on NationStates originally via the PI series.

For number 5, what would have been your dream match?

2 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

For number 5, what would have been your dream match?

Against John Cena, he was the guy I grew up watching and supporting, he was my Bruno Sammartino / Hulk Hogan / Steve Austin.

31 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

Cheshire, eh? Have you seen hide or hair of The Cat?

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Cheshire, eh? Have you seen hide or hair of The Cat?

'Fraid not.

1. Where do you live? 

Just outside Glasgow, Scotland

2. What is your first name? 

Joel

3. How old are you? 

4. What caused you to get interested in politics and the President Infinity games? 

For the 270soft games, this review - https://drseansdiary.wordpress.com/2015/02/20/use-your-ed-how-i-put-miliband-into-number-10-just/

(It's amazing to see how much better Prime Minister Infinity has gotten in the past 4 years!)

5. Name one thing interesting about yourself.

I play the trombone!

On 11/20/2019 at 1:51 AM, WVProgressive said:

1. Roane County, WV.

2. Alex

3. 17

4. I've been interested in history, and politics since, probably 1st grade. I found the Infinity series after stumbling upon a review for P4E2008, in 2015.

5. I nearly died when I was ten, due to an undiagnosed case of Juvenile Diabetes. This experience heavily influences my position on healthcare, as my parents, like far too many Americans do,  delayed going to the doctor, because of how insanely expensive healthcare is in our country.

Great to have a fellow 17 year old on the chat!

1. Chicago, Illinois

2. Talique

3. 17

4. I've loved politics and history sense kindergarten.  I grew up learning about the Bible ( I went to Christian school), which led me to history, which led me to politics. I found the game online in 2016 and I've played it ever sense then.

5. I love 80s rock.

18 minutes ago, Talique said:

Great to have a fellow 17 year old on the chat!

1. Chicago, Illinois

2. Talique

3. 17

4. I've loved politics and history sense kindergarten.  I grew up learning about the Bible ( I went to Christian school), which led me to history, which led me to politics. I found the game online in 2016 and I've played it ever sense then.

5. I love 80s rock.

To be fair (and I consider myself a Christian as well), Biblical "politics," was all absolute monarchs, tribal patriarchs, prophets, theocrats, conquering warlords, and Roman proxy rulers and their handlers - not much to directly relate to in terms of modern politics... :P