270soft Forum

My opponents are all broke!

King of the North

Forgive me if this question has been posted before.  I tried to see if it has, but I couldn't find it.

I'm playing President Infinity 2020 as an Observer, or third-party candidate.  I've given myself $100,000, and started in January of 2019.  Basically when the bulk of Dem candidates started announcing their campaigns in real life.  I've worked my way up to 7.2% support nationally, with about 10 million votes.

The unique aspect:  Once Pres Infinity 2020 was announced, I caught up, and I've been playing 1 turn per day - corresponding to the actual day in real life.  My last turn, of course will be November 3, 2020.  I'll watch my results while the real life results are on TV.

Problem is, every single candidate from all parties are out of cash.  Basically they're all sitting around not making any appearances (mostly in California), and their Issue Knowledge & debating skill have all withered down to zero.  (The debate results are a sad mix of pathetic and hilarious.)

I'm certain this isn't possible, but is there any way through the editor to inject some cash to my opponents mid-game?  I doubt I'll want to wander this political wasteland of lame-duck opponents for another 11 and a half months.  :)

Thanks!  Love this game!

On 11/16/2019 at 4:01 PM, King of the North said:

Forgive me if this question has been posted before.  I tried to see if it has, but I couldn't find it.

I'm playing President Infinity 2020 as an Observer, or third-party candidate.  I've given myself $100,000, and started in January of 2019.  Basically when the bulk of Dem candidates started announcing their campaigns in real life.  I've worked my way up to 7.2% support nationally, with about 10 million votes.

The unique aspect:  Once Pres Infinity 2020 was announced, I caught up, and I've been playing 1 turn per day - corresponding to the actual day in real life.  My last turn, of course will be November 3, 2020.  I'll watch my results while the real life results are on TV.

Problem is, every single candidate from all parties are out of cash.  Basically they're all sitting around not making any appearances (mostly in California), and their Issue Knowledge & debating skill have all withered down to zero.  (The debate results are a sad mix of pathetic and hilarious.)

I'm certain this isn't possible, but is there any way through the editor to inject some cash to my opponents mid-game?  I doubt I'll want to wander this political wasteland of lame-duck opponents for another 11 and a half months.  :)

Thanks!  Love this game!

Yes, there is! Through save game editing. 

Find the exact amount a campaign has in cash and search it in your save. Change that number to whatever you want. I've had to do this before as well.

For example, if a campaign has 5673 on hand, search that number and it's likely to be the only result.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I've got exactly the same problem as King Of The North. I'm not sure if the save game editing worked for you - if it did, how exactly do you go about editing the save?

Thanks for your help in advance everyone!

2 minutes ago, DBro said:

Hi there,

I've got exactly the same problem as King Of The North. I'm not sure if the save game editing worked for you - if it did, how exactly do you go about editing the save?

Thanks for your help in advance everyone!

Hey, I can you show you how to do it if you'd like on Discord. 

1 hour ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Oh who are you?

21 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply to my post yesterday. I would be grateful if you had a few minutes to show me how to edit the save games. It's driving me mad seeing all the candidates pile up in California.

I'm happy to use discord if it suits better (I've never used it before) - I don't have a voice link or a camera though.

Thanks again.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, King of the North said:

Thanks!  Love this game!

"I just love your jazzy ways,

This is why their broke they're broke and you're so great,"

LOL :P