270soft Forum

UK Predictions

2019 UK election poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which outcome do you think is most likely?

• Conservative majority
    • Conservative minority
    • Labour majority
    • Labour minority
    • Lib Dem majority
    • Lib Dem minority
    • Brexit Party majority
    • Brexit Party minority
    • Conservative-Brexit Party majority
    • Conservative-Brexit Party minority
    • Labour-SNP majority
    • Labour-SNP minority
    • Other (please specify...)
  2. 2. Who do you support for Prime Minister?

• Boris Johnson
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Jo Swinson
    • Nigel Farage
    • Other (please specify...)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Putting politics aside for a moment, I have a question: are you of Korean ancestry? 

12 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Jesus! So everyone thinks it's okay to sell off the NHS to a foreign power?!?

The result is essentially the result of Corbyn's campain

He tried to deturn the question of the vote, his message was mainly to deturn the vote question which was Brexit

He tried to turn the election message on something else, but that wasn't the mod of the electorate as we can see, not only for the Conservative result but also the SNP result

SNP might have won 55 seats out of 59 in Scotland that's pretty big.

10 minutes ago, Edouard said:

The result is essentially the result of Corbyn's campain

He tried to deturn the question of the vote, his message was mainly to deturn the vote question which was Brexit

He tried to turn the election message on something else, but that wasn't the mod of the electorate as we can see, not only for the Conservative result but also the SNP result

SNP might have won 55 seats out of 59 in Scotland that's pretty big.

But the austerity! They've clearly shown that they don't care if they bleed us dry, so long as we get Brexit done!

48 minutes ago, Wiw said:

But the austerity! They've clearly shown that they don't care if they bleed us dry, so long as we get Brexit done!

Independence is bitter economic pill to swallow after fighting for it, historically. Look how many European and Middle Eastern nations that gained new independence under post-WW1 Wilsonian ideals, or many Third Nations gaining new independence in the decolonization era, or the newly independent Spanish American nations of Bolivar's era, began a new, complete independence with a significant drop in wealth, affluence, and trading ability. Hell, even the newly independent United States started right after their Revolution was concluded in 1783 in economic and monetary disaster and depression, trade in dire straights, and deeply in debt!

General election 2019: Uxbridge and South Ruislip
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Conservative Boris Johnson 25,351 52.6 +1.8
  Labour Ali Milani 18,141 37.6 -2.4
  Liberal Democrats Joanne Humphreys 3,026 6.3 +2.3
  Green Mark Keir 1,090 2.3 +0.4
  UKIP Geoffrey Courtenay 283 0.6 -2.8
  Monster Raving Loony Party Lord Buckethead 125 0.3 N/A
  Independent Count Binface 69 0.1 N/A
  Independent Alfie Utting 44 0.1 N/A
  Independent Yace Yogenstein 23 0.0 N/A
  Independent Norma Burke 22 0.0 N/A
  Independent Bobby Elmo Smith 8 0.0 N/A
  Independent William Tobin 5 0.0 N/A
Turnout 48,174 68.5 +1.7
30 minutes ago, Jinsu Kim said:
General election 2019: Uxbridge and South Ruislip
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Conservative Boris Johnson 25,351 52.6 +1.8
  Labour Ali Milani 18,141 37.6 -2.4
  Liberal Democrats Joanne Humphreys 3,026 6.3 +2.3
  Green Mark Keir 1,090 2.3 +0.4
  UKIP Geoffrey Courtenay 283 0.6 -2.8
  Monster Raving Loony Party Lord Buckethead 125 0.3 N/A
  Independent Count Binface 69 0.1 N/A
  Independent Alfie Utting 44 0.1 N/A
  Independent Yace Yogenstein 23 0.0 N/A
  Independent Norma Burke 22 0.0 N/A
  Independent Bobby Elmo Smith 8 0.0 N/A
  Independent William Tobin 5 0.0 N/A
Turnout 48,174 68.5 +1.7

It should have gone to Lord Buckethead!

26 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Well I guess it's official, I'm living in a dictatorship now!

Boris Johnson is NOT a dictator! Donald Trump is NOT a dictator! Get a damned grip. I have known naturalized Canadian citizens from nations like Zimbabwe, Iraq, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Chile (the last having left the country at the tail end of Augustin "the Helicopter Pilot" Pinoche's regime), all of which were very candid about talking about "life back home." I also, when I was a teenager, used to live next door to, and mow the lawn and shovel sidewalks for extra pocket money, a retired Austrian-born woman who was a child and adolescent in 1930's and 1940's Vienna. She remembers clearly having one day off school, and her parents had a day off work - but it was mandatory that day to attend a parade and rally that involved a live speech by none other then Der Fuhrer, himself. You have no damned idea what a dictatorship is, what living under one is like, or how good you have it. I often gripe about corrupt and power-abusive politicians indifferent to their constituents in the First World, and believe they should be held to account for their failings and violations of the trust put in them, and that REAL criminal and civil justice should actually impact them like it does normal citizens, but I'm fully cognisant they don't even compare to the label "dictators," as in the countries I mentioned and others like them.

9 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Fine, I don't know what dictatorship really is. I can't rule that out. But believe me, this is the most terrible moment in our history, see if it's not!

More terrible than the Norman Conquest, the Anarchy, the Barons' Wars, the War of the Roses, the Gunpowder Plot, the English Civil War and the Puritanical Protectorate that followed, the Mutinies of Spithead and the Nore, the Peterloo Massacre, the horrid urban living and working conditions during the Industrial Revolution, the First and Second World Wars (including the Blitz), the Economic Crash of the '50's, the Troubles, the Winter of Discontent, and the several London terrorist attacks since the Charing Cross Bombing? Is Boris Johnson REALLY that much of a monster? British history has a LOT of really craptastic periods!

5 hours ago, Wiw said:

Well, some people I've heard believe this result is a major threat to the Union, so yes, I would say so.

Boris got 43% and says he has a mandate to govern. Sturgeon got 45% in Scotland, yet has no mandate? Color me confused.