270soft Forum

Polls seem to be almost random in the new President Infinity.

Devin57

Despite going with the exact same start, candidates, and vice leaders, I can get five different polling starts in 5 campaigns. And even some regions I've set to have the Republicans be ahead in are voting Democrat. Not to mention the often extremely ridiculous swings. Where a candidate will plummet 5+ points in a state despite have huge national momentum.

25 minutes ago, Devin57 said:

Despite going with the exact same start, candidates, and vice leaders, I can get five different polling starts in 5 campaigns. And even some regions I've set to have the Republicans be ahead in are voting Democrat. Not to mention the often extremely ridiculous swings. Where a candidate will plummet 5+ points in a state despite have huge national momentum.

Which scenario are you playing? You might have Fog of War (or whatever it's called) turned on. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Which scenario are you playing? You might have Fog of War (or whatever it's called) turned on. 

2012 United States special edition. No, I don't have fog of war on and the ridiculous swings are happening no matter what campaign I try. I did a Florida senate one as Rick Scott. One week I plummet 9 points in Orange county. Back up five the next. Back down two the week after that. This was all after I got the news story saying I had the "big mo" as well. So if anything, I should be surging. Not plummeting.

13 minutes ago, Devin57 said:

2012 United States special edition. No, I don't have fog of war on and the ridiculous swings are happening no matter what campaign I try. I did a Florida senate one as Rick Scott. One week I plummet 9 points in Orange county. Back up five the next. Back down two the week after that. This was all after I got the news story saying I had the "big mo" as well. So if anything, I should be surging. Not plummeting.

I wonder if you’re getting simultaneous negative ads that kick in just after you get the momentum. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I wonder if you’re getting simultaneous negative ads that kick in just after you get the momentum. 

That wouldn't explain the random starts. One time I'm ahead in Ohio, but down in north Carolina. Next reload I'm Ahead in North Carolina, but down in PA. And you'd think ads would hit in more than one region. Especially considering the regions I get hit the biggest in usually aren't competitive, so nobody would bother advertising there. There's no reason for me to plummet a ridiculous amount in one area while gaining everywhere else. I think It's just a glitch.

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:54 AM, admin_270 said:

Some of this could just be normal variation in polling.

I guess, but it just seems extremely convenient that It's always my opponent who benefits from it. Now everytime I run a campaign my opponent will get a massive surge after the first week. Nothing I can do to prevent it. I can get literally every endorsement, and put them on human without letting them run any short of campaign. Doesn't matter. They'll surge 5 points for no reason.