270soft Forum

Defining Moment of Trump's Presidency?

If you had to select a defining moment of Trump's presidency at this time, what would it be?

I'm going to say that it's the day the ISIS Caliph was killed, which also was the day Trump went to the World Series. The defining moment then, in my opinion, is Trump being booed at a major American sporting event despite having announced that the 2nd most notorious Islamic terrorist in the era of the War on Terror had been killed by US forces. He was also later booed at a UFC championship. How unpopular do you have to be to be booed on a day that should have allowed for a victory lap? The next stop is Nascar. What happens if he's booed at one of those events?

21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

If you had to select a defining moment of Trump's presidency at this time, what would it be?

I'm going to say that it's the day the ISIS Caliph was killed, which also was the day Trump went to the World Series. The defining moment then, in my opinion, is Trump being booed at a major American sporting event despite having announced that the 2nd most notorious Islamic terrorist in the era of the War on Terror had been killed by US forces. He was also later booed at a UFC championship. How unpopular do you have to be to be booed on a day that should have allowed for a victory lap? The next stop is Nascar. What happens if he's booed at one of those events?

He was also quite cheered at the UFC event. 

Would think it's hilarious if he went to a NASCAR race, though it's more likely we'd see him at a WWE event.

I don't think him getting booed is a defining event, and it comes across that you do, or rather that you really want it to be. 

In my personal opinion the Kavanaugh episode is the defining moment of the Trump presidency, more than anything it has had the longest lasting effect(naturally as SC Justice) but also has stayed relevant the entire time. Everything else seems to kind of get pushed aside. 

Edited by SilentLiberty
Defy to define. Silly me.

Trump was booed in Washington, D.C. It voted 90.5% Democratic in the 2016 election. If he got rounds of cheers at a sporting event in Wyoming, would you conclude he was highly popular across the country?

Lots of moments to choose from. At this point, I would say the defining moment of Trump's Presidency so far has been the completion of the Special Counsel report without any serious damage to Trump.

The most important trend is the fairly consistent good economic news, including recent record market highs and unemployment lows, which could of course change at any moment.

Another defining moment is walking into North Korea.

Another defining moment was when Kavanaugh was confirmed by the Senate.

Having said these, perhaps the most defining moment of his Presidency is when he took the oath of office. This is when I'm guessing it really hit home for many that yes, Trump's the next President - after the polls leading up the election strongly suggested he would lose, then people thinking recounts would change the results, then people thinking there would be huge defections of electors, then people thinking the Congress wouldn't ratify the E.C. results.

15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I still saying killing "terrorist" is not really a significant or meaningful accomplishment, especially as long the mentality that "terrorism" is something that can be defeated as force and phenomenon by military means is maintained in political doctrine, and the true, underlying causes and roots of "terrorism" are ignored and not dealt with productively, even publicly denied by many.

I’d say it’s when he should have been taking a victory lap over the death of al-Baghdadi, but instead just HAD to sidebar on live television about the fact that he prefers to call military K-9s “dogs.”

Its this kind of just plain stupid behavior —these consistent, unforced errors — that truly define his presidency.

3 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I’d say it’s when he should have been taking a victory lap over the death of al-Baghdadi, but instead just HAD to sidebar on live television about the fact that he prefers to call military K-9s “dogs.”

Its this kind of just plain stupid behavior —these consistent, unforced errors — that truly define his presidency.

Wait, is this true. I did not see this, is there a link to a clip somewhere?

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

It is true.  And he wasn't even speaking just in general -- he was specifically talking about a K-9 who was injured during the raid on al-Baghdadi.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/l/trump-on-injured-k9-in-isis-leader-strike-i-call-it-a-dog/vp-AAJqmij

He also tweeted a FAKE photo of him putting a medal on the dog -- a medal with a giant pawprint on it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-tweets-fake-image-putting-medal-dog-al/story?id=66640051

He is just so stunningly stupid.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

It is true.  And he wasn't even speaking just in general -- he was specifically talking about a K-9 who was injured during the raid on al-Baghdadi.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/l/trump-on-injured-k9-in-isis-leader-strike-i-call-it-a-dog/vp-AAJqmij

He also tweeted a FAKE photo of him putting a medal on the dog -- a medal with a giant pawprint on it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-tweets-fake-image-putting-medal-dog-al/story?id=66640051

He is just so stunningly stupid.

What a putz

3 hours ago, Actinguy said:

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I had thought the military K-9 units did use dogs. Or do they use some genetically engineered or altered creature from some top secret lab that is not just a breed of canus familius?

10 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Trump was booed in Washington, D.C. It voted 90.5% Democratic in the 2016 election. If he got rounds of cheers at a sporting event in Wyoming, would you conclude he was highly popular across the country?

Lots of moments to choose from. At this point, I would say the defining moment of Trump's Presidency so far has been the completion of the Special Counsel report without any serious damage to Trump.

The most important trend is the fairly consistent good economic news, including recent record market highs and unemployment lows, which could of course change at any moment.

Another defining moment is walking into North Korea.

Another defining moment was when Kavanaugh was confirmed by the Senate.

Having said these, perhaps the most defining moment of his Presidency is when he took the oath of office. This is when I'm guessing it really hit home for many that yes, Trump's the next President - after the polls leading up the election strongly suggested he would lose, then people thinking recounts would change the results, then people thinking there would be huge defections of electors, then people thinking the Congress wouldn't ratify the E.C. results.

Baseball is a more popular sport in the white community.

9 hours ago, Patine said:

I had thought the military K-9 units did use dogs. Or do they use some genetically engineered or altered creature from some top secret lab that is not just a breed of canus familius?

The military and police refer to the animals  as “K-9s”, presumably out of respect for the fact that they save lives and put themselves on the line similar to the human officers themselves.

Are they in fact dogs?  Of course.  No one is pretending they aren’t.

My point is it’s a ridiculously stupid side bar on live television when he’s supposed to be praising the work of the military (including the K-9 who was injured) but instead has to criticize them for not saying “dogs”.