270soft Forum

2019 Canadian Election

Andrew Scheer campaigns in Milton talking about how he will put more money in your pocket.

"Lets face it, Justin Pierre James Trudeau does not care about the working class. He says he will "help to Canada’s middleclass and all those working hard to join it". But just like his other empty and broken promises, thats not true. If he gets a majority, he will do more bad than good. What a Conservative government will do is reduce the tax rate on income under $47,630 from 15 per cent to 13.75 per cent. The tax cut will be phased in responsibly. We will begin by reducing the rate to 14.5 per cent on January 1, 2021, then to 14 per cent on January 1, 2022, and to 13.75 per cent on January 1, 2023. The Universal Tax Cut will be fully implemented within a four-year mandate. This tax cut would give more than $850 back into the pockets of a couple earning average salaries. An individual would see savings of $440."

"To reduce costs a Conservative goverment will get rid of Trudeau's Carbon Tax. This tax hurts the bottom line of Canadian families and puts us further away from our emissions reduction targets. We will also remove the GST from Home Energy Bills. Removing this could save a household up to $150 or even more! In Canada, heating your home is not a luxury — it is a necessity."

"Other important things such as the Green Public Transit Tax Credit and the Green Home Renovation Tax Credit will be introduced."

"Having a child is an exciting milestone in any person’s life, but it comes with added costs and pressures. A new Conservative government will introduce new measures that will make raising your family more affordable so you and your kids can get ahead. To support familes and their kids we will make maternity benefits tax free which will save the average Canadian family up to $4,000. A Children’s Fitness Tax Credit and a Children’s Arts and Learning Tax Credit to help parents be able to afford a better education for their children."

A Tax Plan that YOU can benefit from.

fedelxn-conservatives-20191017.jpg

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa Raitt campaigns against Jagmeet Singh in Burnaby South

"If recent polling shows anything, it's that the Conservatives are the best placed challengers to Jagmeet Singh and the NDP. Not only has Singh abandoned his principles and gone against his word to stand in a seat that he felt a "genuine connection to" and has come here to Burnaby thinking that he can take your vote for granted come October. The NDP and the Liberals are both on the same page when it comes to tax reform - they both want to raise taxes, increasing the tax burden on us all. As Andrew Scheer said earlier, we pledge a Universal Tax Cut, benefiting everyone in Canada, rather than taking even more money out of our pockets."

Pre Debate Polls September 30th

Liberals 27.4%

Conservatives 27.2%

New Democratic Party 14.1%

Bloc Quebecois 9.7%

People's Party 6.8%

Greens 6.1%

We will start the debate tomorrow, also I will start doing events after the debate. 

@WVProgressive @Reagan04 @Hestia11 @guythatsacentrist @Edouard @TheLiberalKitten

17 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

Liberals 27.4%

Conservatives 27.2%

Bloc Quebecois 9.7%

People's Party 6.8%

Greens 6.1%

We will start the debate tomorrow, also I will start doing events after the debate. 

Do you have a set time? School will take up most of my day.

NDP releases Television ad in key seats that they have targeted throughout Ontario, the Greater Toronto Area, British Columbia, and Atlantic Canada

The key message being tax reform

"...

A New Democratic government will implement tax reform that Canadians need.

Justin Trudeau said he'd cut taxes for hard working Canadians and yet he only cut taxes for the very wealth and corporate interests. The Liberal government has failed to deliver on much needed tax reform for everyday Canadians not corporations. We will cut taxes, cut wasteful spending and help every Canadian in need of much needed tax cuts."

1 hour ago, guythatsacentrist said:

Do you have a set time? School will take up most of my day.

7pm Eastern Standard Time? 

If not it will have to be after 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time because I'm doing Dungeons & Dragons with a couple friends tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

If not it will have to be after 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time because I'm doing Dungeons & Dragons with a couple friends tomorrow.

I'll be home by then so that time is fine. @Dr. Insano

6 hours ago, Dr. Insano said:

Dang! I’m super busy today. Helping out at state mock trial competition. If you want I can send replies at a later date or Trudeau can skip like he did in the first one 😂

5 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Dang! I’m super busy today. Helping out at state mock trial competition. If you want I can send replies at a later date or Trudeau can skip like he did in the first one 😂

Oh the realism 😂 it comes out that while he skip the debate Trudeau was wearing blackface. (kidding of course)

23 hours ago, Dr. Insano said:

Liberals 27.4%

Conservatives 27.2%

Bloc Quebecois 9.7%

People's Party 6.8%

Greens 6.1%

@WVProgressive @Reagan04 @Hestia11 @guythatsacentrist @Edouard @TheLiberalKitten

Provincial map with these polls

803588734_Canadamapsofar(1).thumb.png.3cf3d1cd15830299255d12f38c3196b0.png

1 hour ago, Dr. Insano said:

I work until 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time so anytime after that I will start the group chat

Ok. Probably won’t be available until at least 5:30 Central.

Maxime Bernier returns home to Beauce to talk Tax Reform

Let's talk about the bottom line of this campaign folks. The bottom line of this campaign your bottom line. It's Canada's bottom line. It's about making sure that this country is living within in its means just as an hard-working family here in Beauce and throughout Canada would need to do. And it's about recognizing that the PPC is the only party which has a comprehensive platform on all these issues. The PPC is the only party with a real plan to put billions of dollars back in the pockets of Canadians through tax cuts and the abolition of government monopolies and corporate welfare. Not only will Canadians feel the impact of that money back in their pocketbook, we'll balance the budget and dig this country out of debt while we do it. We do this not for power or for the title of Prime Minister, we do this because we care about ending the destructive duopoly which has stood in the way of Canadian growth for years. It's time we put an end to the system that has put us in the situation we find ourselves. We're talking about total government control of entire sectors of the economy and an increasingly cumbersome tax burden placed on the Canadian consumer. What we're going to do is protect Canadian freedoms and values by strengthening both the border and trade as well as radically reforming a tax code which is fundamentally broken in favor of big government and big business. The time has come for the average Canadian to rise up and recognize that the same old same old isn't working. Neither the Liberals nor the Tories can solve our problems. That's why I'm asking you to re-elect me as the leader of the PPC and as your next Prime Minister to bring small government change that empowers and frees people. People are the way forward to a stronger and freer Canada. When we give people more freedom, personal and economic, when we halt the oppressive government programs which hold the Canadian market and Canadian spirit enterprise back, there is nothing which can stop the dynamic people of Canada. All we have to do is give them the chance that the establishment won't. All we have to do is reject Trudeau's radical leftism and the establishment politics of the Tories and we can accomplish real change on behalf of Canada. So remember, for change, for a stronger and freer Canada, vote Bernier on the 21st!

Bloc Québécois in Québec (Qc) seat of a Liberal minister

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "Bloc Québécois langue française"

Yves François Blanchet : During the first debate I am going to defend the right of the french language to exist and to be respected.

Francophones of Canada are legal citizens, not immigrants, just like the anglophones we founded this country together and we have to share the same rights.

I will be there to ask questions about issues which are important for Quebecers, not only french language but also bill 21 and Transcanada.

I don't lose the hope to get a clear answer from every leaders.

Like we say in a good Québécois : Nous sommes têtus, et pour défendre vos intérêts nous n'aurons aucune relâche.

Derek Fildebrandt discusses Energy Policy and PPC plans in Bow River

For years, this district has been dominated by the Tories, and understandably so. For years I considered myself to be a Federal Tory as well. It seemed that the Liberals were so horrific that their attacks on Canadian oil and Alberta as a whole through radical leftism and unfair equalization formulas which require Alberta to pay in more than it will ever receive from Ottawa all the while as Ottawa attempts to destroy what runs both Alberta and the whole of Canada. That's why I was proud to represent this area as a Wildrose MLA for several years. But now, the Tories have returned to power and have grown complacent once more. Federally, the Liberals continue their march against the cleanest and most ethically source oil source in the world: Alberta. At every turn Maxime Bernier has opposed the Liberal plan to crush Canadian oil and when Andrew Scheer refused to do anything about it he took a principled stand to serve the people of Canada under the PPC banner. The very same banner under which I stand before you tonight. The PPC is the only party which has committed itself to an extensive re-investment in the pipelines and policies that will grow the Albertan economy and make energy cheaper for all Canadians. This is a win-win-lose situation. The two winners? Albertans and all of Canada. The losers? The duopoly in Ottawa and their rich friends which profit and benefit off of keeping government in control of the energy supply of Canada. Only the PPC is committed to repealing Bills C-48 and C-69. Only the PPC is committed to the full-throated return of projects like Trans Mountain, Eagle Spirit, and Northern Gateway. We're talking thousands of jobs, millions of watts of power, and billions of dollars all being lost if we continue to elect a big government-empowered duopoly which does nothing but neglect Alberta. I implore you to vote PPC this October and with Maxime Bernier as Canada's next Prime Minister we WILL give Alberta a Fair Shake and a New Deal. We WILL end the oppressive Trudeau regime's policies. And we WILL upend the duopoly and replace it with a PPC government in Ottawa that works on behalf of the people that sent it there!

10 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Trudeau's radical leftism

Although I've heard a LOT of unflattering, and even downright nasty, things said about Justin Trudeau, I've never heard this one. Canadians strongly tend to view the Liberal Party as centre-left. Just letting you know.

Just now, Patine said:

Although I've heard a LOT of unflattering, and even downright nasty, things said about Justin Trudeau, I've never heard this one. Canadians strongly tend to view the Liberal Party as centre-left.

Mainly on environmental policy is what we're pushing this campaign.