270soft Forum

UK election 2019

If anyone wants to watch a good video setting up the stumbling points for Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn, and others, what they need to do to win, this is a great video to watch. Good reporting from the Financial Times.

10 minutes ago, Wiw said:

History has proven time and again that, where London goes, all of us go together. If the Tories win, the Democrats might as well concede; they won't be able to win the Presidency.

A parallel between British and US results :o ?

32 minutes ago, Wiw said:

History has proven time and again that, where London goes, all of us go together. If the Tories win, the Democrats might as well concede; they won't be able to win the Presidency.

Such bizarre, perceived comparisons taken to nihilistic absolutes. This is getting typical of your hyperbolic doomsday forecasts, @Wiw. I mean, admittedly, my prognostications about the results and consequences of the stupidity, extremity, and thoughtless emotion-driven self-destructiveness of predominant modern politics and agendas, or the complete breakdown of any productive and workable socio-political dialogue - and I don't even hold the view of many of many "partisan' blame for this, and seeing a "good" and "bad" side of the political isle - almost all political that have ever held political power and direct influence have become corrupt, abusive of power, and have high criminals of some sort of another in their number, and always end up betraying their principles and the trust of those who elected them - but my view of the future, while not rosy or overly optimistic, are not so hyperbolically doom-and-gloom, "woe-to-the-world, the end is nigh, and very soon, and the Antichrist's name is Donald Trump," as you seem to constantly portray.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:21 PM, Wiw said:

Totally ridiculous statement to be honest. Roosevelt was in power for 12 years whilst we had a Conservative-led government, the majority of New Labour's time in office was with Bush Jr as President.

Good video though! Although they didn't really touch on it, it seems to me (as a Scot) that a lot of Scottish people are going to vote tactically against the SNP, potentially costing them seats.

7 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Totally ridiculous statement to be honest. Roosevelt was in power for 12 years whilst we had a Conservative-led government, the majority of New Labour's time in office was with Bush Jr as President.

True, but they both had similar ideologies at the time.

Let's always be sure of one thing

In campain, everything can happen

On the world scene Brexit and Trump were the 2 big surprises of the news, the third step had to be Marine le Pen victory in France while she lost by a huge margin, as French i was not really surprised that she lost by such a margin, she actually did twice better than her father in 2002.

For UK 2017 Theresa was expected to win 400 seats and she ended her campain by losing 16 seats.

In Canada the Bloc had to be dead and the NDP too, same for Bernie who had to win the Democratic primary or necessarily be the second in opinion polls.

Elections are always this magic and special moment where the main goal for leaders is to build a wave in opinion polls.