270soft Forum

Your Presidential Personality Type 2.0

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Notable on Henry VIII and his ministers. One can actually divide his reign, and whole style and way and view of governing, in two, largely based on chief ministers. When Thomas More was his chief minister, he was a staunch supporter of the Pope, fought personally in two of the Italian Wars, made a peace with Francois I, King of France (largely in alliance against the Holy Roman Emperor, Archduke of Austria, King of Bohemia, and a bunch of other titles Karl V, who was also Carlos I, King of Spain, and thus had that huge and lucrative colonial empire), and he made a whole book making a retort and rebuke to Martin Luther, defending the Sacraments and Supremacy of the Church. This was also the period his two daughters were born, and he named them Mary and Elizabeth, after the mothers of Christ and John the Baptist, respectively, names previously nearly unheard of among English princesses. During the period Thomas Cromwell (the great uncle of Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell), he divorced or executed five of his six wives (the sixth outlived him), declared himself Sovereign Head of the Church of England, declared Cromwell the first non-Catholic Archbishop of Canterbury, had the rites and sacraments changed (largely by Cromwell) and the allowance of divorce under certain circumstances, and fearing his only son Edward might not live long enough to marry, passed the Act of Parliament that enabled a Queen Regnant to be coronated and ascended to the English throne. The periods of More and Cromwell as Henry VIII's chief minister mark a stark line of different periods in his reign.

Yeah, and Cardinal Wolesey 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

please do

I might do that. I'm also trying to determine if I want to add another letter to the whole system. 

On 11/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, vcczar said:

This is one of the types that I don't have a president or a candidate for.  I'd say Elizabeth Warren (APIM) or Pete Buttigieg, William Seward , or George McGovern (three APIMs), are kind of cousins to whatever candidate would land at APIA. 

I wonder why there isn't a President with this personality type. Do you think it doesn't lend well to a national campaign? 

3 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I wonder why there isn't a President with this personality type. Do you think it doesn't lend well to a national campaign? 

It's probably just that we haven't had a president or major candidate with that type. I think about 10 of the types don't have anyone attached to them. If I went through more historical candidates one could show up. I plan on considering more people when I have time to think about it. I think the most ill-fitted presidential type for the 21st version of this office is probably an INIS, which also has no representative. 

13 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

This is like Rick Santorum or something. 

NI for sure. I'd have to think about whether or not he'd be an M on that first or last letter. He could be. 

53 minutes ago, vcczar said:

NI for sure. I'd have to think about whether or not he'd be an M on that first or last letter. He could be. 

What would the biggest and highest polling most visible U.S. Presidential candidate not running on either major party label in my lifetime (Ross Perot, RIP), have, would you say?

24 minutes ago, Patine said:

What would the biggest and highest polling most visible U.S. Presidential candidate not running on either major party label in my lifetime (Ross Perot, RIP), have, would you say?

His type? AMCS, which is actually a very common type. A lot of politicians got pooled into this group. I'd argue that if Perot had some political experience and jumped into the race as someone that had been out of politics just long enough to appear as an outside, he would have won more votes--both from those wanting an outsider and those too cautious to support a non-politician. 

11 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar Would you agree with my assessment of Cruz as an AMIS.

I have him as an ANIM, he's geared towards shutting things down in his language and he's rarely uplifting except when talking about Christian values. He's often much more realistic in his rhetoric than hopeful. I seem him very likely to veto legislation he disagrees with, even if it is passed by his own party or if it is wildly popular. Based off my descriptions he fits N significantly more than he does P. As it isn't so much a toss up, he's placed here.  As for the last letter, I originally had him with "S," but as he was so conciliatory to Trump and stay shockingly quiet during the Trump era in regards to things he'd generally disagree with, I moved him back to "M." I think he's contriving himself to become more electable in 2024 or 2028. This is something an "S" won't usually do. 

Here's a list of all the politicians I've considered. Remember, it's very hypothetical for any politician that never served as president:

APIS - n/a 
APIM - Warren
APIA - n/a 
APMS - ThRoosevelt, Al Smith, RFK
APMM- Lincoln, FDR, Wilkie
APMA- n/a 
APCS- La Follette
APCM- Greeley
APCA- n/a 
MPIS- Yang
MPIM- Jefferson
MPIA- JFK, Obama
MPMS- n/a 
MPMM- Franklin, O'Rourke
MPMA- Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Booker
MPCS- WHHarrison
MPCM- Reagan
MPCA- Bush II, Biden
IPIS- n/a 
IPIM- n/a 
IPIA- Lodge Jr
IPMS - n/a
IPMM - Arthur
IPMA - Curtis 
IPCS - Williamson
IPCM- n/a 
IPCA - Harding, Edwards, Perry
AMIS- Chase, Stein, MacArthur
AMIM- Wilson, Hamilton
AMIA- Seward, Buttigieg, McGovern, Harriman
AMMS- Burr, Kefauver, Nixon, Norris
AMMM- Douglas, Blaine, McCain, Clay, Dean
AMMA- Humphrey, Fiorina
AMCS- Jackson, Grant, Bryan, Fremont, HP Long, LBJ, Jesse Jackson, AOC, Perot
AMCM- Truman
AMCA- n/a
MMIS- McClellan, E McCarthy
MMIM- Hughes, Rockefeller, Weld, Lodge Sr
MMIA-Taft, Hoover, Dewey, AStevenson2, Klobuchar, Wagner, Jeb Bush
MMMS- n/a
MMMM- Washington, Eisenhower
MMMA- Van Buren, Polk, Pierce, Hayes, McKinley, Bush I, Mondale, Romney, PRyan, Rubio, Huckabee
MMCS- Palin, Gabbard, S Adams
MMCM- n/a
MMCA- Cass
IMIS- n/a
IMIM- ABParker
IMIA- Garfield, J Sherman, Dukakis
IMMS- n/a
IMMM- n/a
IMMA- HSeymour, Pence, Landon
IMCS- BCarson
IMCM- Fillmore
IMCA- Monroe, Quayle, Ford