270soft Forum

Your Presidential Personality Type 2.0

This is an updated, refined version of the test I posted the other day. The definitions are a little more specific. Find your four letters below to discover your presidential type.  Retake this test, even if you took the other test, as I will likely end up moving some of the presidents to different types based off these refined definitions , and I want to add candidates, former nominees, etc. 

1. Executive Activity

Instructions, pick the one that most resembles you. 

A - Active:  I would be an energetic executive, working over 14 hours most days. Additionally, I am comfortable routinely making decisive decisions in a crunch. I am also comfortable using the full extent of the powers of the presidency if need be. I will be an active leader. 

M - Mixed: I am too mixed between active/inactive to certainly determine that I am more A or I. 

I - Inactive: I am more likely to not want to work more than 8 hours a day. I am much more cautious and hesitant than decisive, and can be uncomfortable with quick decision making. I am unlikely to use the full extend of my powers unless compelled to do so. I will be more of a behind the scenes leader. 

2. Presidential Tone 

P - Positive: My overall rhetoric and my writing are likely to be seen as positive, optimistic, and uplifting. My proposals, my policies, and my actions are also likely to be injected with the same positive, optimistic, and uplifting tone. I am likely to avoid rhetoric that could anger or depress voters, even if such rhetoric might be needed. I would feel uncomfortable being openly critical of members of my own party, even if we disagree on things. 

M - Mixed:  I am too mixed between positive/negative to certainly determine that I am more P or N. 

N - Negative: My overall rhetoric and my writing are likely to avoid positivity or optimism, in place of a realistic picture. If things are dire, then the true threat must be painted accurately, even if people don't want to hear it. My proposals, policies, and actions will follow this same tone, doing what needs to be done, whether popular or not. I am comfortable vetoing legislation and passing executive actions to block legislation or actions I disagree with, even if they are popular and are passed through Congress. I have no problem being openly critical of members of my own party if we disagree on things. 

3. Processing Mode

I - Intellectual Authority: I think like an academic, considering facts, figures, logic, philosophy, expert opinions, theory when making decisions, responding to debate or media questions, or when responding to voters. I can come off as mildly uncomfortable or unnatural speaking and interacting with some blue collar/working class voters. Experts and evidence move me more than voter support. 

M - Mixed:  I am too mixed between Intellectual/Common to certainly determine that I am more I or C. 

C - Common Sense: I am more likely to use my gut instinct and popular opinion of my supporters when making decisions, responding to debate or media questions, or when responding to voters. I am more likely to be seen as that guy or girl that you can "have a beer" with, and to interact with voters on a grounded personal, experiential level than focus on ideas, theories, facts, and figures. Voter support moves me more than experts and evidence.

4. Social Operation

S - Solitary: I tend to know exactly what I want to do, and as president, I might find it difficult to make compromises, or sign/support legislation that my party approves of if I personally disagree with it. I am comfortable supporting members of my own base at the expense of the other wings of my own party. I would have no problem being bipartisan with the other party on legislation, even if my own party strongly opposes the legislation. I am unlikely to seek or require consensus from cabinet members or other advisers to make a decision. I would be viewed more as a loose cannon and/or ideological purist than I would be viewed as a traditional party leader that is leading a coalition. I am more for my ideals than I am for party. 

M - Mixed: I am too mixed between Solitary/Accompanied to certainly determine that I am more S or A. 

A - Accompanied: Even if I know exactly what I want to do, I am likely to seek consensus from members of my own party, from my cabinet, and from the voters that elected me. I am comfortable making compromises and making concessions with those whose opinions differ from my own, whether from members of my own party or not. I think it is important to keep the party strong and united by making strong efforts to keep the wings harmonious. I am comfortable being bipartisan so long as my party and my voters are supportive of those efforts. I am unlikely to be viewed as a purist or as a loose cannon. I can sacrifice some of my ideals for what my party and my country thinks is best for them. 

Epilogue: Your Result

Post the four letters that you think best represent your presidential style. At some point, I'll let everyone know which president they are. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still a MPMA.

Im definitely decisive, but not working more than 8 hours outside of an emergency.

Absolutely positive — I work in public relations, so spinning to the positive is second nature.

Mixed communication style - I adapt to my audience.  If I need to convince intelligent people, I can do facts and figures.  If I need to talk to the common folk, I can do the “guy you’d like to have a beer with.”

Accompanied: We don’t have a dictatorship, the only way to accomplish things is by consensus.  I’m not getting lost in the details, fighting for every scrap.  I have the goal I’m trying to achieve, but I’m willing to work with anyone who is willing to work with me.  Deals will be made at every opportunity, as long as I get my top priorities in exchange.  I’m not going to win every engagement, that’s ok.  I choose my battles.

MPIM

But to be true, I was really shared between S and M for the fourth (don't have a dirty mind about those letters) because personnaly as a person I do not accept to join parties because of my reluctence to big compromises on some key issues

While If I was the leader of this party I would much more accomodate my dominant S with some "party's interests".

So personnaly MPIS

But as leader MPIM.

Let’s see how many more we can get to respond. It will be a few days before I categorize presidents and other notable politicians. 

22 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Definitely MMIA 

You got one of the most common presidential types: William H Taft and Herbert Hoover. Also, these figures would have likely been MMIA's as president, Thomas E Dewey, Adlai Stevenson II, Amy Klobuchar, and Robert F. Wagner.

22 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'm still AMIM 

I'm still Woodrow Wilson (not one of my favorite presidents). Also, Alexander Hamilton was never president, but it seems like he would have probably also been an AMIM

22 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Probably, ANMS.

No presidents, but I have these three figures operating as ANMS if they became president: Winfield Scott, Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders

22 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'm thinking toss up between IMMA and INMA for me.

IMMA: No presidents, but these men might have been IMMA presidents, Horatio Seymour and Mike Pence. 

INMA: Also no presidents, but I have Colin Powell here. 

22 hours ago, MysteryKnight said:

I'd say I am MMIM

No presidents, but I have Charles Evans Hughes, Bill Weld, and Nelson Rockefeller here. 

21 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Still a MPMA.

Im definitely decisive, but not working more than 8 hours outside of an emergency.

Absolutely positive — I work in public relations, so spinning to the positive is second nature.

Mixed communication style - I adapt to my audience.  If I need to convince intelligent people, I can do facts and figures.  If I need to talk to the common folk, I can do the “guy you’d like to have a beer with.”

Accompanied: We don’t have a dictatorship, the only way to accomplish things is by consensus.  I’m not getting lost in the details, fighting for every scrap.  I have the goal I’m trying to achieve, but I’m willing to work with anyone who is willing to work with me.  Deals will be made at every opportunity, as long as I get my top priorities in exchange.  I’m not going to win every engagement, that’s ok.  I choose my battles.

Still Bill Clinton, but Ted Kennedy has been added as an MPMA. 

21 hours ago, Edouard said:

MPIM

But to be true, I was really shared between S and M for the fourth (don't have a dirty mind about those letters) because personnaly as a person I do not accept to join parties because of my reluctence to big compromises on some key issues

While If I was the leader of this party I would much more accomodate my dominant S with some "party's interests".

So personnaly MPIS

But as leader MPIM.

MPIS: No president, but I have Andrew Yang here. 

MPIM: Thomas Jefferson

5 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

APIA

This is one of the types that I don't have a president or a candidate for.  I'd say Elizabeth Warren (APIM) or Pete Buttigieg, William Seward , or George McGovern (three APIMs), are kind of cousins to whatever candidate would land at APIA.