270soft Forum

Founding Fathers Part Two: Electric Booger Shoe

Absolute chaos in the senate today, as Senate Majority Leader William H Crawford took his cane and repeatedly swung at former Vice President William H Harrison as part of an ongoing dispute about the role of tariffs and also over the fact that they both have the same damned name.

I’ve awarded Crawford 1 IP, as nobody will dare cross him now.  

No bonus action.

88402568-54D2-4C45-BD25-F12038411FC4.thumb.jpeg.70f471d0181d06a9f96167c1f07cf56e.jpeg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Shamilton said:

Secretary of State- @mlcorcoran Polk

Secretary of the Treasury- @Agent B Gallatin

Secretary of War- @mlcorcoran Wilson

Attorney General- @Agent B van Buren

Postmaster General- Crockett

Special Envoy- @Woot McLean

General (of the Army)- @Woot Pinckney 

Secretary of the Navy- @Agent B Taylor

Graciously accepted sir.

7 minutes ago, Shamilton said:

First issue please 

ISSUE ONE

Mr. President, our nation is flush with cash — we have nearly $200 million in our rainy day fund. By the end of your second term, which I think we can all take for granted, we could have almost $500 million.

Isnt it time to defund the National Bank, sir?  It was fine for what it was needed for in the beginning, but it seems a bit silly to keep it going now.  Isn’t it more within our liberal ideals to not have such a strong entity at the national level?

what say you, mr President?

BC7D8A59-D6A2-4517-9BF1-8C20006CC83D.thumb.jpeg.d3fc57446669038aabf1cde0bf835e78.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

ISSUE ONE

Mr. President, our nation is flush with cash — we have nearly $200 million in our rainy day fund. By the end of your second term, which I think we can all take for granted, we could have almost $500 million.

Isnt it time to defund the National Bank, sir?  It was fine for what it was needed for in the beginning, but it seems a bit silly to keep it going now.  Isn’t it more within our liberal ideals to not have such a strong entity at the national level?

what say you, mr President?

BC7D8A59-D6A2-4517-9BF1-8C20006CC83D.thumb.jpeg.d3fc57446669038aabf1cde0bf835e78.jpeg

Nah we still need it

next issue 

I’ve awarded William H Crawford 1 IP for talking you out of it.

(I then pulled the Florida statehood card, but it can’t be activated because Indian Removal Act was defeated.)

ISSUE TWO

Mr. President,  President Ames’s land act of 1826 appears to be paying dividends already.  The people of Minnesota request the honor of our hand in statehood.

Note that Minnesota will be a stand-alone State for election purposes.EEA41700-6028-4EAA-BECC-739B13D27C34.thumb.jpeg.dbe1cd0241204b7face267d598c5f6c8.jpeg

@Shamilton

(I first revealed the Mexican American War, but Texas isn’t a state yet so it gets shuffled into the next deck.)

ISSUE THREE

Mr. President.

It turns out Minnesota is hella cold.

Its original settlers have turned south for the winter; and would now like Iowa to become a state.

(this would reconnect Minnesota to the other states, for election purposes.)

What say you?

0232754B-54CC-4A50-800F-5A65C81F8609.jpeg