270soft Forum

Founding Fathers Part Two: Electric Booger Shoe

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With 37 in favor, Emergency Bonds 1 is successfully repealed. Revenue increased from 84 to 86 and Reserves go from 33 to -13 to repay the Bond. An economic crisis will not have its dice roll modified.

@Actinguy spreadsheet updated.

@Woot anything else on your agenda, President Burr? You may propose any of the following for a vote:

• Pass Tariff 3
  • Repeal Tariff 2
  • Pass one or both of the inactive Taxes
  • Repeal one or both of the active Taxes
12 minutes ago, mlcorcoran said:

With 37 in favor, Emergency Bonds 1 is successfully repealed. Revenue increased from 84 to 86 and Reserves go from 33 to -13 to repay the Bond. An economic crisis will not have its dice roll modified.

@Actinguy spreadsheet updated.

@Woot anything else on your agenda, President Burr? You may propose any of the following for a vote:

• Pass Tariff 3
  • Repeal Tariff 2
  • Pass one or both of the inactive Taxes
  • Repeal one or both of the active Taxes

Just to clarify, can only do “one” tax thing. Pass one tax or repeal one tax. 

44 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I could be mistaken! I’m speaking from memory.  I’ll check.

I was wrong!  It seems you can in fact pass and/or repeal multiple taxes within one turn @mlcorcoran.  The only restrictions seem to be you can't pass and repeal (or repeal and then pass) the exact same tax in one term, and you can't attempt to pass or repeal a given tax more than once per turn.  (So you can't try to pass it, fail, and then try to pass that same tax again in the same term).

Treasury Phase:

With a debt of -13 against Revenues of 86, the new federal budget is $73

Election Phase: 

Public Support is neutral, so the "advantage" in the election goes to the more popular candidate.

With a total popularity of 13, the liberal front-runner is William H. Crawford @swejie. If he declines nomination, Thaddeus Stevens, with 12 popularity, will be obligated to run.

With a total popularity of 8, the conservative front-runner is John Quincy Adams @Woot. He has 1 Black Ring and can remove it by declining nomination. If he runs and loses, he'll have 2 Black Rings and cannot run for President again.

The next in line in the conservatives is Fisher Ames with 7 popularity, and he would be obligated to run if Adams declines.

@swejie and @Woot do you accept or decline your party nominations?

8 minutes ago, mlcorcoran said:

Treasury Phase:

With a debt of -13 against Revenues of 86, the new federal budget is $73

Election Phase: 

Public Support is neutral, so the "advantage" in the election goes to the more popular candidate.

With a total popularity of 13, the liberal front-runner is William H. Crawford @swejie. If he declines nomination, Thaddeus Stevens, with 12 popularity, will be obligated to run.

With a total popularity of 8, the conservative front-runner is John Quincy Adams @Woot. He has 1 Black Ring and can remove it by declining nomination. If he runs and loses, he'll have 2 Black Rings and cannot run for President again.

The next in line in the conservatives is Fisher Ames with 7 popularity, and he would be obligated to run if Adams declines.

@swejie and @Woot do you accept or decline your party nominations?

JQA will decline to get rid of the black ring

6 hours ago, Woot said:

JQA will decline to get rid of the black ring

Ok.  Conservatives nominate @swejie Fisher Ames, who can not decline.

Action to @swejie to decide whether William H Crawford accepts the liberal nomination, or hands it to @Shamilton Thaddeus Stevens.

And then action to @swejie to choose a VP for Ames and also for Crawford (if Crawford accepts)

Ames starts in NE

Harrison starts in OH

Crawford starts in GA

Teddy starts in NJ

Crawford and Teddy would make the first moves because public support is tied, but Crawford is more popular than Ames.  I'll pause to do some real work, and make sure this is all good, and some jerk doesn't play a card or something

@Actinguy

3 hours ago, swejie said:

Ames starts in NE

Harrison starts in OH

Crawford starts in GA

Teddy starts in NJ

Crawford and Teddy would make the first moves because public support is tied, but Crawford is more popular than Ames.  I'll pause to do some real work, and make sure this is all good, and some jerk doesn't play a card or something

@Actinguy

Looks good.  As Crawford is the most popular, movement order will be

Crawford, Frelinghuysen, Ames, Harrison.

Have fun!

Crawford and Ted both defer first placement (I believe this is legal)

Round 1:
Ames to NY
Harrison to VA
Crawford to NC/SC
Ted to DE

Round 2:
Ames to PA
Harrison to MD
Crawford to TN
Ted is blocked, moves to MO

Round 3:
Ames to ME
Harrison to KY
Crawford is blocked, moves to AR
Ted is blocked, no more moves

Round 4:
Ames to LA
Harrison to MI

Board is full, no more moves.

P.S. I had to google four state abbreviations, how embarrassing 

I'm going for max landslide : )  No defferment

Round 1:
Crawford to NC/SC
Ted to DE
Ames to NY
Harrison to VA

Round 2:
Crawford to TN
Ted to MD
Ames to PA
Harrison to KY

Round 3:
Crawford is blocked, moves to LA
Ted is blocked, moves to MO
Ames to ME
Harrison to MI

Round 4:
Crawford to AR

Board is full, no more moves.  155-73

@Actinguy Spreadsheet updated as follows:

• +3 Popularity to POTUS Fisher Ames; He has overtaken JQ Adams as Conservative Party leader and also earns +1 IP for that
  • +1 Popularity to VEEP William Henry Harrison; He resigns his post as General of the Armies upon taking office
  • +1 IP to William Crawford as Liberal party leader, and 1 Black Ring for losing the election
  • +1 Faction IP to each player
  • Newspapers already cashed in move Public Support to +3 Conservatives. Next turn there will be 1 C paper in the +1 position