Founding Fathers Part Two: Electric Booger Shoe

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mlcorcoran said:

Also if any player has a Card in their hand that influences voting outcomes, this is the last call for doing that on this Issue

We've never had a very good system for this in either playthrough, but so far we've been playing that if anyone either spends influence or plays a card to sway a particular issue, we start again and play out the vote in order (as you're supposed to buy influence or play a card at the same time that you vote -- but for expediency, we don't do it in order unless somebody does indicate that they're going to change the vote totals)

Are you all Ohioans? If so, may appreciate this story.

I was at a convention playing the game with three ladies from Ohio. An Issue came up and one of them realized that a certain response had an effect on Michigan.

"Is it true that if we pass this Michigan will never exist?" she asked.

"Yes" I said.

It passed unanimously! Probably the high point of their game!

ALA.photo.png

53 minutes ago, upandaway said:

Are you all Ohioans? If so, may appreciate this story.

I was at a convention playing the game with three ladies from Ohio. An Issue came up and one of them realized that a certain response had an effect on Michigan.

"Is it true that if we pass this Michigan will never exist?" she asked.

"Yes" I said.

It passed unanimously! Probably the high point of their game!

ALA.photo.png

Ha!  That's awesome.

Three Ohioans here, including me -- though I actually consider Pittsburgh to be my home, and went to Penn State.

At Penn State, we hate Ohio State (and WVU).  But Ohio State exclusively hates Michigan. ;c)

@Agent B

ISSUE FOUR

Mr. President -- the election quickly approaches, and this may be the appropriate time to reconsider whether President Washington missed the mark when he decided to deny the existence of political parties as it relates to our Presidential elections.

Elections thus far have been chaotic, and they've already led to one -- possibly two -- Presidents getting assassinated over it.  

Would it be better to make it clear which candidate is the Presidential candidate and which is the VP for each party, and have them win or lose as a team instead of turning them against each other?  

Besides, having a President and VP with wildly different viewpoints is obviously a recipe for...motive, at least, for any would-be assassins.  Sure, you benefited last time from such a shake up...but you'd be in the target next time, should you end up with a Democrat-Republican as VP.

On the other hand...George Washington was like a father to you.  Are you sure you want to attack his legacy, even if he got it wrong?

F25DE3D0-39CA-426C-902F-23A35819463C.thumb.jpeg.8d1bba065d9f8d151624c08413fcec37.jpeg

See the rules for how this would change things, but in short:  while players would still directly control the actions of their own candidate, the President and VP win or lose as a team -- no more split tickets, or VPs outperforming their Presidents and seizing the election for themselves, if this passes.

14 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

@Agent B

ISSUE FOUR

Mr. President -- the election quickly approaches, and this may be the appropriate time to reconsider whether President Washington missed the mark when he decided to deny the existence of political parties as it relates to our Presidential elections.

Elections thus far have been chaotic, and they've already led to one -- possibly two -- Presidents getting assassinated over it.  

Would it be better to make it clear which candidate is the Presidential candidate and which is the VP for each party, and have them win or lose as a team instead of turning them against each other?  

Besides, having a President and VP with wildly different viewpoints is obviously a recipe for...motive, at least, for any would-be assassins.  Sure, you benefited last time from such a shake up...but you'd be in the target next time, should you end up with a Democrat-Republican as VP.

On the other hand...George Washington was like a father to you.  Are you sure you want to attack his legacy, even if he got it wrong?

F25DE3D0-39CA-426C-902F-23A35819463C.thumb.jpeg.8d1bba065d9f8d151624c08413fcec37.jpeg

Sorry daddy-o George-e-o. I think things need to evolve. Let us bring some stability to our election process.

Congress?

(I'll need/choose to use a personal IP to put forward)

Aww, I'll miss the chaos.

While we await further instructions from @Agent B, here's how future elections will work:

As before, the most popular candidate from each party will have right of first refusal for their party's nomination.

As before, they will each choose a VP.  

As before, the President and VP candidate of each party will begin on their home states.

But here is what's different:

• Every state now has only a single slot for a candidate to take.  (Previously, each had two slots)
  • The President & VP's electoral votes are now tallied together into a single result (previously, they were counted separately and it was possible for a Presidential candidate to lose to their own VP)
  • Although they are a team and tally their votes together, the President and VP both still move separately.  If a VP takes a chokepoint state, a President can't move through the VP (or vice versa) -- even though they're on the same team, they are not a single unit.

If there's any questions about this new system, please let me know.  Or, you know, read the rules.  ;c)