Founding Fathers Part Two: Electric Booger Shoe

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Leuser said:

Negotiations have concluded with the enemy. It was a long road. Will Congress approve of the job that Monroe accomplished?

I use my last IP on this. I believe @mlcorcoranWill also be contributing am IP to hit the needed difficulty. @Actinguy

That is correct, Thomas Jefferson will use the last of his IP alongside Monroe's Faction IP to meet the difficulty of Resolution B. 

It now goes to Congress for a vote.

1 minute ago, mlcorcoran said:

@Actinguy does Secretary of the Navy carry over after Presidential terms end, like the General? My recollection is that it does but just want to confirm.

Nope.  It's like the other Secretary positions -- reappointed at the start of every Presidential term.

(You may be thinking of Admiral, which was only a sequel game addition)

@Actinguy Aye for resolution B. 

SEC of War (partisan office) plays:

Sabotage a Negotiation.  A player with a statesman holding a Partisan Office may play this just after an Envoy Issue has been resolved to cancel the Popularity Gains and Public Support changes caused by its resolution.  Remove from play after use. 

12 minutes ago, Woot said:

@Actinguy Aye for resolution B. 

SEC of War (partisan office) plays:

Sabotage a Negotiation.  A player with a statesman holding a Partisan Office may play this just after an Envoy Issue has been resolved to cancel the Popularity Gains and Public Support changes caused by its resolution.  Remove from play after use. 

Interesting!

@upandaway (creator of the game) if you're out there, feel free to weigh in on whether this card cancels popularity LOSSES as well.  (To quickly catch you up, they've taken the "Negotiate" option on British Attacks On Shipping, which provides a -2 popularity.)

If we don't hear back from UpAndAway to say otherwise, I'll lean towards the answer being "no."

2 minutes ago, Agent B said:

Aye to negotiation! 

Negotiation passes Congress. War is averted, though Jefferson and Monroe each suffer a loss of 2 popularity for not indulging the nation's bloodlust.

And yet, public support swings 2 spaces in Liberals' favor for putting diplomacy ahead of violence.

@Actinguy we're ready for Issue Card #3

@mlcorcoran

ISSUE 3

It was an extraordinarily difficult process as you relied on James Monroe to find peace with the British even as you questioned whether he was actually attempting to undermine you.  At one point, you even worried about whether Secretary Pinckney was going to take matters into his own hands and "accidentally" ruin the negotiation process by opening fire.  But in the end, you managed to corral your men and keep them committed to the cause: peace.

The deal Monroe finally reached with the Brits was unpopular, to the say the least.  The Brits have indeed agreed to stop seizing our ships and cargo -- but in exchange, we've agreed to deport any known defectors from lists the British send us every fortnight.  

Of course, if you thought this deal was unpopular in America, you should hear about how it's playing out in France.  

"When America broke it's pledge of support during the Washington and Franklin administrations and chose neutrality, we were disappointed -- but we accepted your decision.  But this?  This is not neutrality, Mr. President.  You are actively supplying troops to the enemy!  The free people of the Nation of France demand that America take a stance against our oppressors and support our mission to spread freedom across all of Europe!"

50286A52-68E6-4767-84EE-129D50637EB3.thumb.jpeg.9745b04db68d3b942fb0ce9ea63bfbcf.jpeg

Monseuir de Lafayette knows my heart is with the revolutionaries in France. But my responsibility is to the American people first and foremost. Financial aid to Europe would almost guarantee our economic collapse.

President Jefferson ignores this issue.

Public support swings back to +1 Conservative; Jefferson takes 3 IP

@Actinguy we're ready for Issue #4

4 minutes ago, mlcorcoran said:

Monseuir de Lafayette knows my heart is with the revolutionaries in France. But my responsibility is to the American people first and foremost. Financial aid to Europe would almost guarantee our economic collapse.

President Jefferson ignores this issue.

Public support swings back to +1 Conservative; Jefferson takes 3 IP

@Actinguy we're ready for Issue #4

ISSUE FOUR 

"Mr. President, perhaps our previous messages were not clear.  We are not requesting America's support.  We are demanding it.  You WILL provide the support America promised to provide -- or you will pay the consequences as we embargo American trade and seize your ships for providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

We must have your support, and we must have it now.  Sign here."

E52736C5-037D-4A68-A227-78A97886DFA8.thumb.jpeg.d65ef1a2aa8239fc0c6ca4add62308ab.jpeg