Jump to content
270soft Forum

Best Suit Game From the Debates - ANALYZED


ThePotatoWalrus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone who watched two minutes of either of this week's debates were treated to a sensational display of character, ideas, and personality from each and every candidate. However, something people might not be looking into as much are the fashion choices of each candidate, and what that reflects about them.

The Good

Pete Buttigieg
petebuttigiegsuit.png.1f53b95e9a940c559d86006356a2a66b.png

Pete Buttigieg is a proud dismantler of all stereotypes associated with gay men, but if there is one stereotype that he lives up to it is without a doubt that gay men have fashion sense. His fitted, navy blue suit is a sign of him being in with the times, aligning with the fact that he is the youngest person in the race. Well played, Pete.

Andrew Yang
andrewyangsuit.png.06cde4451fc1021734e61bb92d07da2c.png

While most of the #YangGang may be fedora wearing neckbeards who think fingerless gloves bought with their mom's credit card are cool, Yang brings a sense of professionalism and executive experience to this shitshow. His timeless look of a simple and trim jacket with a (open-collared) shirt without any tie or anything fancy shows us exactly what he is - a businessman who gets shit done, and nothing more. Fantastic choice.

The Bad

Tim Ryan
timryansuit.png.f8670b3acd95a4d2b793ff3c74a6b6cd.png

Tim Ryan's suit is somehow just as disgusting, uncomfortable and pathetic as he is. It doesn't match his hair color at all and the ill-fitedness of it shows us that his suit is in as much distress as his campaign is after a lackluster performance, and this suit is an absolute disgusting and vile spit in the face to anyone who watched this. 1/10.

The Crazy

Bernie Sanders
berniesanderssuit.png.7aadacfb87692feacf46902b49268c9a.png
In a nice display of eyebleach following that last segment, I present to you Bernie Sanders. Yes, this suit is ill-fitting as well (particularly the shoulders) but unlike Ryan's disgusting suit, this is done in a way that is vintage. HOWEVER, his tie is a modernistic design that shows his appeal to young voters everywhere. 10/10 for the old man.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. I will release more analyses on separate topics in the future as the election unfolds. Stay tuned and stay woke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Anyone who watched two minutes of either of this week's debates were treated to a sensational display of character, ideas, and personality from each and every candidate. However, something people might not be looking into as much are the fashion choices of each candidate, and what that reflects about them.

The Good

Pete Buttigieg
petebuttigiegsuit.png.1f53b95e9a940c559d86006356a2a66b.png

Pete Buttigieg is a proud dismantler of all stereotypes associated with gay men, but if there is one stereotype that he lives up to it is without a doubt that gay men have fashion sense. His fitted, navy blue suit is a sign of him being in with the times, aligning with the fact that he is the youngest person in the race. Well played, Pete.

Andrew Yang
andrewyangsuit.png.06cde4451fc1021734e61bb92d07da2c.png

While most of the #YangGang may be fedora wearing neckbeards who think fingerless gloves bought with their mom's credit card are cool, Yang brings a sense of professionalism and executive experience to this shitshow. His timeless look of a simple and trim jacket with a (open-collared) shirt without any tie or anything fancy shows us exactly what he is - a businessman who gets shit done, and nothing more. Fantastic choice.

The Bad

Tim Ryan
timryansuit.png.f8670b3acd95a4d2b793ff3c74a6b6cd.png

Tim Ryan's suit is somehow just as disgusting, uncomfortable and pathetic as he is. It doesn't match his hair color at all and the ill-fitedness of it shows us that his suit is in as much distress as his campaign is after a lackluster performance, and this suit is an absolute disgusting and vile spit in the face to anyone who watched this. 1/10.

The Crazy

Bernie Sanders
berniesanderssuit.png.7aadacfb87692feacf46902b49268c9a.png
In a nice display of eyebleach following that last segment, I present to you Bernie Sanders. Yes, this suit is ill-fitting as well (particularly the shoulders) but unlike Ryan's disgusting suit, this is done in a way that is vintage. HOWEVER, his tie is a modernistic design that shows his appeal to young voters everywhere. 10/10 for the old man.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. I will release more analyses on separate topics in the future as the election unfolds. Stay tuned and stay woke.

Is this a relevant factor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Is this a relevant factor?

Yes, one of the key odds to anyone beating Donald Trump is to have a key advantage when it comes to the suit game. Trump is notorious for having ill-fitting suits with creases, unfitted shoulders, etc. I believe that the Democrat who beats him will have a clear advantage in a suit game. Look at 2016 - Hillary lost because she didn't wear a suit as she was afraid of losing, using the strategy "the only way to win is to not play", and this backfired horribly. Plain as day.

donaldtrumpsuit.png.dc52e5f7ae3b7562dc79b49364a2af6b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yes, one of the key odds to anyone beating Donald Trump is to have a key advantage when it comes to the suit game. Trump is notorious for having ill-fitting suits with creases, unfitted shoulders, etc. I believe that the Democrat who beats him will have a clear advantage in a suit game. Look at 2016 - Hillary lost because she didn't wear a suit as she was afraid of losing, using the strategy "the only way to win is to not play", and this backfired horribly. Plain as day.

donaldtrumpsuit.png.dc52e5f7ae3b7562dc79b49364a2af6b.png

Ah, so Harry Rosen has set the best strategy and path to the White House, now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Ah, so Harry Rosen has set the best strategy and path to the White House, now?

I've always preferred Banana Republic for formal wear but I respect your choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I enjoyed this.  

How did you feel about Kasich in the last election?

I liked some of what he proposed but I couldn’t get past the fact he looked like he was a kid in his grandfather’s suit.

Did you see Larry David as Bernie Sanders on SNL from 2016? In one of the skits, the interviewer asks "Bernie" how he got into his pajamas so quickly. "Bernie" says, "I have my pajamas under my suit. That's why my suit is so baggy." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 6/29/2019 at 9:42 PM, Actinguy said:

I enjoyed this.  

How did you feel about Kasich in the last election?

I liked some of what he proposed but I couldn’t get past the fact he looked like he was a kid in his grandfather’s suit.

Sorry it took me a while to respond I was busy.

I think his new admiration for darker, charcoal suits over the traditional navy politician suit is a freudian slip representing his turn to the dark side by endorsing Joe Biden. (Joking obv)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Sorry it took me a while to respond I was busy.

I think his new admiration for darker, charcoal suits over the traditional navy politician suit is a freudian slip representing his turn to the dark side by endorsing Joe Biden. (Joking obv)

Yes, if Joe Biden is a "Dark Side," figure, then Trump is a "Jabba the Hutt," figure, and the "Light Side," is waning and weak in the American socio-political context.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Patine said:

Yes, if Joe Biden is a "Dark Side," figure, then Trump is a "Jabba the Hutt," figure, and the "Light Side," is waning and weak in the American socio-political context.

I was going to say something but that's actually pretty accurate. Especially if Mitch McConnell is the emperor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I was going to say something but that's actually pretty accurate. Especially if Mitch McConnell is the emperor.

Naw, more like Sate Pesage, the guy in the purple robles that follows the Emperor around. Bush did more of the Palpatine schtick, with "emergency powers," and "cooked up wars," and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...