270soft Forum

SUGESSTION FOR MATTY

instead of censoring foul language, cannot a something be written to replace "bad" words with others?

for example, the chatsite I frequent most defaults:

f*ck = expletive

c*nt = front-bottom

n*gger = nice person

etc

soemthing liek that relieive the burdon of constat PC watchfulness, we'd all know what the word was anyway.....

just a suggestion

True, not swearing always helps. I don't control the language filters...and I don't see it as a big problem as people don't throw around curses very often around here, from what I've seen.

Thanks JR, but even if Bono is right, we don't need a snare drum at the end of every one of your posts.

As far as swear words in signatures, I think it is conducive to a more inclusive environment if we keep them out, so please asterisk all the letters after the first one if you decide to include one.

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

i've always used asterixs when I've typed naughty words, which a lot of ya'll don't

i put the one back in my signature, which I will change soon.

just a thought, gee whiz - and no, no one on this site would use "nice person" but some c&p'ed artcles and what have you might

40percent (the chatsite I was referring to) has other ones as well

Anna Kournikova = blond bint

Tottenham = Tenthenham

Nicolas Anelka = Billy No Mates

it's funny