Jump to content
270soft Forum

BC Election 2017


Recommended Posts

Hey everyone!

I've been working on a BC 2017 campaign for the last few days, and I feel like I'm almost done with the project. Its my first real scenario so its still a little rough around the edges. Balance-wise the BC Liberals win around 43.5 seats (44 is a majority), the NDP 41.5, and the Greens 1.5 (I managed to win a seat once as the Conservatives, but the AI has not in over 400 simed games). This feels pretty accurate, and its possible for both parties to win. Minorities are common but not frequent.

I've used the map from Premier Forever 2005 with a few changes (added the Kootenays and the part of Vancouver Island that's attached to the mainland), but I'm probably going to want to fiddle with it more later. I have added 5 parties and multiple candidates for each:

  • BC Liberal: Clark, Wilkinson, de Jong, Fassbender, Sultan
  • BC NDP: Horgan, Eby, Farnworth, Chandra Herbert, Mark
  • BC Green: Weaver, Furstenau
  • BC Con: Anderson
  • Van Isle Party: Richardson (off by default)

Each party has surrogates associated with them: Libs and NDP have 2, while the Greens, Cons, and VIP have 1. I have been working on issues, which are not done yet. Most have filler text. So far I have:

BC Ferries, Corruption, Education, Electoral Financial Reform, Electoral Reform, Environmental, Housing, Jobs and Economy, LNG, Massey Tunnel Replacement, Pipelines, Site C, Unions, Vancouver Bridge Tolls. 

I still need to work on events and endorsers, flushing out flavour text for issues, and ensuring that candidates are correct. I'm pretty new to these types of games, and the stats for the leaders are all over the place, so they'll need to be re-balanced. I hope that everything will be done within a few days (latest should be a week), pinky-swear. I'm considering making a BC 1972 scenario after, but we'll see how I feel once this one is all done.

BC2017image1.jpg

bc2017image2.jpg

bc2017image3.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

I've finished the scenario. Overall I feel alright about it, it definitely needs some fine tuning and I'm open to any suggestions on how to make it better. Its my first one so it probably needs some work. I have been working on a potential 1972 scenario but I'm not sure if I'll finish it, as researching the issues has been a pain.

BC 2017.zip

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stinstmaster said:

Hey everyone,

I've finished the scenario. Overall I feel alright about it, it definitely needs some fine tuning and I'm open to any suggestions on how to make it better. Its my first one so it probably needs some work. I have been working on a potential 1972 scenario but I'm not sure if I'll finish it, as researching the issues has been a pain.

BC 2017.zip 888.38 kB · 1 download

up scenarios to this site

 http://campaigns.270soft.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...

I've done some more work on this over the year. I'll hope to release a new, updated one soon and put it on the campaigns website. It'll include some fixes to policy and a rework of the text.

 

In the meantime I'm looking for a new project: are there any other BC elections people would be interested in seeing? I currently have 1972 and 2001 sitting half developed. Neither have any issues yet but have full slates of candidates and parties. I'm thinking of working on 1952 after finishing them up.

Here's a preview of 1972.

1972.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stinstmaster said:

I've done some more work on this over the year. I'll hope to release a new, updated one soon and put it on the campaigns website. It'll include some fixes to policy and a rework of the text.

 

In the meantime I'm looking for a new project: are there any other BC elections people would be interested in seeing? I currently have 1972 and 2001 sitting half developed. Neither have any issues yet but have full slates of candidates and parties. I'm thinking of working on 1952 after finishing them up.

Here's a preview of 1972.

1972.jpg

The next election would be cool because of the 4 party split right now

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, Stinstmaster said:

Hey everyone!

I've been working on a BC 2017 campaign for the last few days, and I feel like I'm almost done with the project. Its my first real scenario so its still a little rough around the edges. Balance-wise the BC Liberals win around 43.5 seats (44 is a majority), the NDP 41.5, and the Greens 1.5 (I managed to win a seat once as the Conservatives, but the AI has not in over 400 simed games). This feels pretty accurate, and its possible for both parties to win. Minorities are common but not frequent.

I've used the map from Premier Forever 2005 with a few changes (added the Kootenays and the part of Vancouver Island that's attached to the mainland), but I'm probably going to want to fiddle with it more later. I have added 5 parties and multiple candidates for each:

  • BC Liberal: Clark, Wilkinson, de Jong, Fassbender, Sultan
  • BC NDP: Horgan, Eby, Farnworth, Chandra Herbert, Mark
  • BC Green: Weaver, Furstenau
  • BC Con: Anderson
  • Van Isle Party: Richardson (off by default)

Each party has surrogates associated with them: Libs and NDP have 2, while the Greens, Cons, and VIP have 1. I have been working on issues, which are not done yet. Most have filler text. So far I have:

BC Ferries, Corruption, Education, Electoral Financial Reform, Electoral Reform, Environmental, Housing, Jobs and Economy, LNG, Massey Tunnel Replacement, Pipelines, Site C, Unions, Vancouver Bridge Tolls. 

I still need to work on events and endorsers, flushing out flavour text for issues, and ensuring that candidates are correct. I'm pretty new to these types of games, and the stats for the leaders are all over the place, so they'll need to be re-balanced. I hope that everything will be done within a few days (latest should be a week), pinky-swear. I'm considering making a BC 1972 scenario after, but we'll see how I feel once this one is all done.

BC2017image1.jpg

bc2017image2.jpg

bc2017image3.jpg

 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, TheLiberalKitten said:

This looks good! :) I'd love to give it a playthrough.

 

14 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

The next election would be cool because of the 4 party split right now

Just noticed this, with the bump. I had been working, separate, because I think I missed this thread when it first started (among my other half-finished projects) on a BC 2017 scenario with ALL the parties that ran, more regions, more regional flags, portraits for all party leaders, including minor ones, a more expansive list of issues, etc. It's one of a bunch I should probably finish off and get put out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patine said:

 

 

Just noticed this, with the bump. I had been working, separate, because I think I missed this thread when it first started (among my other half-finished projects) on a BC 2017 scenario with ALL the parties that ran, more regions, more regional flags, portraits for all party leaders, including minor ones, a more expansive list of issues, etc. It's one of a bunch I should probably finish off and get put out.

I added a few more (up to 8 now) over time. Yours definitely sounds a more comprehensive but I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out. I know how you feel with half done projects. I really need to just finish off some of these BC ones and the NB one I worked on before starting any more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stinstmaster said:

I added a few more (up to 8 now) over time. Yours definitely sounds a more comprehensive but I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out. I know how you feel with half done projects. I really need to just finish off some of these BC ones and the NB one I worked on before starting any more.

Well, considering how many U.S. 2016, Canada 1993, and UK 2010 scenarios have been made by various users on these forums, there's no "first custom scenario maker has the 'rights' to that election," system, and no real competition, so don't feel too pressured, there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...