Jump to content
270soft Forum

Tier Presidential Ranking


Wiw
 Share

Recommended Posts

🤷‍♂️

my-image.png

 

Edit: William Henry Harrison actually was meant to be in the Pathetic category. 

I'm sure if I sat down a little longer, the tier rankings would look a little different but probably not a big amount. 

Fun activity though!

Edited by SilentLiberty
Added some content.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's mine. I should note that my favorite candidates are Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, O'Rourke, Inslee, Yang, and Gravel, possibly in that order. I think Gravel would be the worst peacetime president in US history, but I agree with almost all of his policy suggestions. I think he'd end up being a man without a party or Congressional supporters like John Tyler and would become effectively powerless. I'd still take him over Trump though. At least no wars would be waged by Gravel. I would like to like Gabbard, but she's said stuff in the past that worries me as much as the stuff that Biden has said in the past.  Most of my favorite candidates are so far to the left of both houses of Congress that I doubt they'll be effective unless progressives outnumber Republicans and establishment Democrats in both houses of Congress. This is the problem with being a realist-idealist. 

Here's my list. Nearly all are an improvement on Trump. Buttigieg is where I would have placed Obama in a 2008 list like this. In a 2016 list, I would have had Hillary Clinton where Gillibrand and Co. are. Kerry would have been there as well. Gore would have been in the Biden category. I would have put Bill Clinton there too. Dukakis would have been in the Gillibrand category. 

CandidateRanker.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.63c6597491a4274462825c673a4895aa.png

There's definitely a very interesting bell curve to my list, it appears my general view is that America has had a pretty evenly apportioned crop of Presidents with a slight skew towards subpar rather than Good. 5 Excellent Presidents and 5 Failures. 6 Great and 6 Good. 7 Fair and 7 Poor. 8 Subpar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And here is my take on the Presidential election, I have added notes to explain the ratings
image.thumb.png.fc667a1ab7d702dc2c58d3789c20bec9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

image.thumb.png.63c6597491a4274462825c673a4895aa.png

There's definitely a very interesting bell curve to my list, it appears my general view is that America has had a pretty evenly apportioned crop of Presidents with a slight skew towards subpar rather than Good. 5 Excellent Presidents and 5 Failures. 6 Great and 6 Good. 7 Fair and 7 Poor. 8 Subpar.

If I may ask, what criteria did you use here, @Reagan04? As your usual Constitutional adherence, any consistent viewpoint that could be called "conversativism" with any cohesion, and certainly Christian values as ranking standards shouldn't rationally produce this ranking. What else is being judged on here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patine said:

If I may ask, what criteria did you use here, @Reagan04? As your usual Constitutional adherence, any consistent viewpoint that could be called "conversativism" with any cohesion, and certainly Christian values as ranking standards shouldn't rationally produce this ranking. What else is being judged on here?

Patine, we talked about this, we ought not to insult each other's Christianity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Patine, we talked about this, we ought not to insult each other's Christianity.

The fact that we're disagreeing so sharply and drastically about the words of Christ is a sorry enough sign of the state of the world itself. And the fact that a question of inquiry is considered a religious insult doesn't speak much either. I believe the Big Churches and the grand scale sins they advocate, promote, and even demand are leading very many away from Christ's very words, and I honestly hope, one day, you can escape the grip of the wolves in sheep's clothing amongst who flocks who command such great power in this fallen world by using the Lord's Name in vane for evil and wicked ulterior motives day in and day out. There is no insult or hatred here - but a sincere hope you find your way to salvation. You have a good heart, but it is led astray, and you have been blinded, like so very many.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

The fact that we're disagreeing so sharply and drastically about the words of Christ is a sorry enough sign of the state of the world itself. And the fact that a question of inquiry is considered a religious insult doesn't speak much either. I believe the Big Churches and the grand scale sins they advocate, promote, and even demand are leading very many away from Christ's very words, and I honestly hope, one day, you can escape the grip of the wolves in sheep's clothing amongst who flocks who command such great power in this fallen world by using the Lord's Name in vane for evil and wicked ulterior motives day in and day out. There is no insult or hatred here - but a sincere hope you find your way to salvation. You have a good heart, but it is led astray, and you have been blinded, like so very many.

Alright now, love you too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Patine said:

If I may ask, what criteria did you use here, @Reagan04? As your usual Constitutional adherence, any consistent viewpoint that could be called "conversativism" with any cohesion, and certainly Christian values as ranking standards shouldn't rationally produce this ranking. What else is being judged on here?

I’m starting to think the Unitarian Church might be the only church that really has congregants that routinely acts in accordance to Christ, including supporting candidates that have more Christ-like policies. There are other groups too but they are smaller. The major evangelical conservative groups are at least partially hate groups and more like a cult of Satan in Christ’s Clothing than anything that should be called Christian. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

image.thumb.png.63c6597491a4274462825c673a4895aa.png

There's definitely a very interesting bell curve to my list, it appears my general view is that America has had a pretty evenly apportioned crop of Presidents with a slight skew towards subpar rather than Good. 5 Excellent Presidents and 5 Failures. 6 Great and 6 Good. 7 Fair and 7 Poor. 8 Subpar.

Give FDR some credit. Sure his New Deal policies were a stark overreach of his Executive power but I wouldn't consider his outstanding leadership throughout the biggest military and biggest economic crises simultaneously to make him a failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ThePotatoWalrus Hoover greatly exacerbated the Depression, that being said the Depression as we know it today was largely due to FDR. But the Federal Reserve is the ultimate culprit as far as ball-rolling goes. Both of them were quite bad at their jobs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Reagan04 said:

@ThePotatoWalrus Hoover greatly exacerbated the Depression, that being said the Depression as we know it today was largely due to FDR. But the Federal Reserve is the ultimate culprit as far as ball-rolling goes. Both of them were quite bad at their jobs. 

I'll agree many of his regulatory policies (mostly regarding agriculture, which was extremely unregulated at the time) caused a definite downturn in the US economy. Not sure if I'd say President-wise the FDR caused most of it (though I share your belief that many of his policies did more harm than good) but I 100% agree with the Federal Reserve statement, but there's just so many factors (stock market, ww1, etc.) that were in play that it would be irresponsible to call out Hoover alone for the Depression (and I wasn't trying to single you out in my previous post, but it was mostly in regard to people who have him in their bottom tier)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@ThePotatoWalrus Hoover greatly exacerbated the Depression, that being said the Depression as we know it today was largely due to FDR. But the Federal Reserve is the ultimate culprit as far as ball-rolling goes. Both of them were quite bad at their jobs. 

 

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'll agree many of his regulatory policies (mostly regarding agriculture, which was extremely unregulated at the time) caused a definite downturn in the US economy. Not sure if I'd say President-wise the FDR caused most of it (though I share your belief that many of his policies did more harm than good) but I 100% agree with the Federal Reserve statement, but there's just so many factors (stock market, ww1, etc.) that were in play that it would be irresponsible to call out Hoover alone for the Depression (and I wasn't trying to single you out in my previous post, but it was mostly in regard to people who have him in their bottom tier)

If no extra-ordinary, emergency economic measures to deal with the issue that exceeded the strict interpretation of Constitutional Law had been done in the U.S. during the Great Depression, whether it was Hoover's or FDR's brainchildren, the U.S. likely would have become Communist nation akin to the U.S.S.R. by popular revolution of millions and millions of angry, hungry, unemployed, and homeless people who felt betrayed by greedy banks and would have been an ineffectual and apathetic government.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Patine said:

 

If no extra-ordinary, emergency economic measures to deal with the issue that exceeded the strict interpretation of Constitutional Law had been done in the U.S. during the Great Depression, whether it was Hoover's or FDR's brainchildren, the U.S. likely would have become Communist nation akin to the U.S.S.R. by popular revolution of millions and millions of angry, hungry, unemployed, and homeless people who felt betrayed by greedy banks and would have been an ineffectual and apathetic government.

The US would never, ever become Communist, and never will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...