270soft Forum

2020 A Polarized Nation

jas82007

I have been playing this new user created scenario, happy to have an updated candidate list.

I tried playing a general election with Butteigig  as the Dem candidate gave him extra funding and maxed him out on attributes, including stamina,  I have played up to early October against Trump and Trump is wiping the floor with him. His barnstorming level is way into negative territory. I get a barnstorming strength of -8 or worse most states. Zero people at rallies. What the heck is going on? I expected a close race but this is not realistic IMO. Ideas?

I always have at least one or two national ads running in the pivotal states and had I think two surrogates last time I checked. It has to be something else. 

Could I be working my candidate too hard? I often schedule 2-3 barnstorms per day plus fundraising and rallies.  

14 minutes ago, jas82007 said:

I always have at least one or two national ads running in the pivotal states and had I think two surrogates last time I checked. It has to be something else. 

Could I be working my candidate too hard? I often schedule 2-3 barnstorms per day plus fundraising and rallies.  

What’s your energy level like? I’ve never played the scenario, but it’s possible to get mopped if you aren’t constantly in the news with positive stories and aggressively spinning. Advertising of course is crucial in places you and your VP aren’t personally campaigning in. Also accept every interview that has an above 0 average story and at least an 8% spin boost.