270soft Forum

United States 2028

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, Hestia11 said:

The year is 2028. President Donald Trump was defeated by Fmr. VP Joe Biden in his quest for a second term. Now, in 2028 both parties have an open primary with no clear frontrunner. 

I did 2028 vs 2024 because this would make way for more "new" candidates to be involved. If you have any that you think would be taking over higher office that would want to run, please let me know. I'm going to be working on it for a while so I'll see if I get it posted or not. If you have any candidates besides these that I think will be in a good position to run in 2028 (arguably taking higher office) let me know.

Democrats

• Fmr. Vice President Kamala Harris (added to Biden's ticket)
  • NY Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
  • TX Gov. Beto O'Rourke (wins open governor election in 2022)
  • IA Sen. Cindy Axne (wins open IA seat in 2022)
  • GA Gov. Stacey Abrams
  • CA Sen. Gavin Newsom (wins seat held by Dianne Feinstein)
  • PA Sen. Bob Casey Jr.
  • HI Gov. Tulsi Gabbard (wins open election in 2022)
  • NJ Sen. Cory Booker
  • MA Sen. Joseph Kennedy (Wins open seat in 2026)

Republicans

• VP Mike Pence
  • TX Sen. Ted Cruz
  • KY Sen. Rand Paul
  • NE Sen. Ben Sasse
  • AR Sen. Tom Cotton
  • IA Sen. Joni Ernst
  • AZ Sen. Martha McSally

Looking this list over, what really strikes me is the conventuality of the candidate list. It's as if, for the most part, the whole Trump, Alt-Right, Antifa, MeToo, BLM, Sanders popularity spike, etc. political scene we see today is, in large part, portrayed as a "hiccup" or "disturbance" in the socio-political framework that has just mostly, in only nine years subsided without huge impact on affairs, expect a few more moderate representatives of such movements, and U.S. politics has moreso than it should have returned to "business as usual." That's what really hits me there, I think.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:51 PM, Patine said:

Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich hadn't held an elected office when they entered the Republican Primaries in 2012 for years prior.

I'm not saying they couldn't be included.  I was referring to the labels (former senator would probably be better).

• 3 weeks later...

Marco Rubio to the GOP side. George P Bush potentially, should he ever seek a higher political position than he currently has. Dems could have Sherrod Brown as well. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 1:06 PM, Hestia11 said:

It's hard to predict who will be new on the scene by that point. Any idea what happened in the maps above?

Make sure polls aren’t on in the poll editor since you’re not using polls.