Jump to content
270soft Forum

2020 Board Game Idea


Recommended Posts

If you all get your NH campaign strategies (point attribution) in by tonight, I may be able to do NH then. Otherwise it may be much later in the day tomorrow, if I can get to it at all tomorrow. Please read my most recent massive post for details.: @CalebsParadox @Reagan04 @lok1999 @ThePotatoWalrus @Rodja @vcczar @Hestia11

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

It's only strong enough to do damage if the die roll has a 4 or 5 pt gap. If the gap is 3, then you just get a point. If it's a 1 or 2, then you just get the positive points for the debate score. In the first debate, Kasich had a major backfire, but he attacked Trump on MAGA. Kasich would have lost a MAGA point, but he was at the lowest and Trump would have gained but he was at the highest. For debate die rolls. I roll first for the attack and second for the rebuttal. It's completely random since I don't have a "debate skill," which I may include. However, to keep it different from President Infinity, I may make the debates either Domestic, Economic, Foreign Policy, or General. Different candidates may get a +1 bonus or -1 deficit on the areas of their expertise or relative ignorance, if any. For instance, as much as I agree with most of Ocasio-Cortez's platform, if she were a candidate in 2020, I would probably give her a -1 on economics (as of 2020). Cruz, as much as I disagree with him on economics, would probably get a +1, since he's good at explaining himself and rephrasing the question into a way that works with the response that he wants to give. Biden would get a +1 on foreign policy. Sanders a +1 on Domestic. Some of these would be hard to determine. I'd say if it isn't obvious they wouldn't get the bonus. Trump is weird because he's arguably the worst presidential debater ever (under standard debate rules) but he "wins" in the eyes of many people. Much of that is a cult charisma that accepts anything as a win if the leader says it is a win. I might give him a +1 on General. The debate topics might be decided randomly. I'm not sure if I will do this or not. 

This is a good metric and I agree with the point system.

Biden campaigns with Millennials. 

Cruz campaigns twice in MAGA and once in Libertarians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vcczar said:

If you all get your NH campaign strategies (point attribution) in by tonight, I may be able to do NH then. Otherwise it may be much later in the day tomorrow, if I can get to it at all tomorrow. Please read my most recent massive post for details.: @CalebsParadox @Reagan04 @lok1999 @ThePotatoWalrus @Rodja @vcczar @Hestia11

Does Klobuchar not drop out even though Flake did because Lok went AWOL?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Does Klobuchar not drop out even though Flake did because Lok went AWOL?

I’m just going to play as Klobuchar because I don’t think she would drop out yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I’m just going to play as Klobuchar because I don’t think she would drop out yet. 

Ok I'm just waiting for that sweet endorsement

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie spends his 2 points on Black voters.

Rand spends his point on MAGA

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@vcczar I had a thought about a possible demographic name change. Instead of "Party Loyalists" perhaps we should term the group "Liberal". This would include Old school New Deal and Great Society Liberals as well as more recent Neoliberal fans of the Clintons and Obama. Like the Loyalists, they are more moderate than the Left and do include Moderate Market Liberals. I think this is just a better name in general as it is an ideologically based thing to be juxtaposed with "The Left". The Liberal group would likely have the same stats as the Loyalists and would only amount to a name change, however I view the name change as being apt considering how Liberalism remains the preferred ideology of many older and whiter members of the party that think of Roosevelt, Johnson, Clinton, and Obama as having gotten the right solution. Perhaps they are more conservative on Foreign Policy because of this, this would be their Neoliberal ideology shining through. Either way, the term "Loyalist" I think is too vague and I've been thinking for a few days about possible ways to replace it. Liberals probably work the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar I had a thought about a possible demographic name change. Instead of "Party Loyalists" perhaps we should term the group "Liberal". This would include Old school New Deal and Great Society Liberals as well as more recent Neoliberal fans of the Clintons and Obama. Like the Loyalists, they are more moderate than the Left and do include Moderate Market Liberals. I think this is just a better name in general as it is an ideologically based thing to be juxtaposed with "The Left". The Liberal group would likely have the same stats as the Loyalists and would only amount to a name change, however I view the name change as being apt considering how Liberalism remains the preferred ideology of many older and whiter members of the party that think of Roosevelt, Johnson, Clinton, and Obama as having gotten the right solution. Perhaps they are more conservative on Foreign Policy because of this, this would be their Neoliberal ideology shining through. Either way, the term "Loyalist" I think is too vague and I've been thinking for a few days about possible ways to replace it. Liberals probably work the best.

Good idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Phase 2: New Hampshire Primary!!!

New Hampshire Democratic Primary:

Leftist Voters (base+enhancements+die roll)
Biden      2+5=7
Sanders 5+5=10
O'Rourke 2+3+1=6
Gillibrand 3+1+3=7
Klobuchar 2+4=6
Gabbard 3+1+1=5
Sanders gets 20% of New Hampshire and 7 delegates. Biden and Gillibrand get 5% each and 1 delegate each (Sanders would have gotten 6 delegates if not for a tie at 2nd). 
 
Loyalist Voters 
Biden 5+3=8
Sanders 1+3=4
O'Rourke 4+4=8
Gillibrand 3+1=4
Klobuchar 5+1=6
Gabbard 1+4=5
Biden and O'Rourke split the vote, gaining 5% of the vote each and 3 delegates. Klobuchar, Gabbard, Sanders, and Gillibrand get 2.5% each, but no delegates. Sanders now has 22.5% of the vote with 7 delegates. Biden now has 10% of the vote with 4 delegates. Gillibrand now has 7.5% of the vote with 1 delegate.
 
Millennial Voters
Biden 3+1+4=8
Sanders 4+5=9
O'Rourke 5+1=6
Gillibrand 3+1=4
Klobuchar 3+2=5
Gabbard 3+1+1=5
Sanders gets 12.5% of the NH vote and 3 delegates (usually would get 10%). Biden gets 5% of the NH vote and 2 delegates. O'Rourke gets 2.5% with 1 delegate. As there is a tie for 4th, this 2.5% goes to Sanders. Sanders now has 35% of the vote and 10 delegates. Biden now has 15% of the vote with 6 delegates. O'Rourke now has 7.5% of the vote with 4 delegates.
 
Hispanic and Asian Voters
Biden 2+4=6
Sanders 1+6=7
O'Rourke 4+5=9
Gillibrand 2+2=4
Klobuchar 3+3=6
Gabbard 4+5=9
O'Rourke and Gabbard split this vote. Each get 5%. O'Rourke gets 3 delegates to Gabbard's 2 delegates since he has the "challenger" moniker.  O'Rourke now has 12.5% of the vote with 7 delegates. Gabbard now has 7.5% with 2 delegates.
 
African-American Voters
Biden 4+5=9
Sanders 1+5=6
O'Rourke 2+3=5
Gillibrand 3+1+2=6
Klobuchar 2+1=3
Gabbard 3+2=5
Biden gets 5% of the vote and 3 delegates (usually would get two). As there is a tie for second, no delegate is given to Gillibrand or O'Rourke, but they get 2.5% each of the vote. Biden now has 20% of the vote and 9 delegates. O'Rourke now has 15% of the vote and 7 delegates. Gillibrand now has 10% of the vote but only 1 delegate. 
 
Misc Voters (10% of the vote which can be won only by those that have won a demographic)
Biden 1
Sanders 3
O'Rourke 1
Gillibrand 4
Klobuchar n/a
Gabbard 6
Gabbard gets 5% and 1 delegate. Gillibrand and Sanders get 2.5% each with no delegates. Gabbard now has 10% and 3 delegates. Gillibrand now has 12.5% and only 1 delegate. 

New Hampshire Democratic Primary Results (with delegates readjusted to fit the %s): 
Sanders 35% 10 delegates
Biden 20% 9 delegates
O'Rourke 15% 7 delegates
Gillibrand 12.5% 3 delegates (took 2 more delegates)
Gabbard 10% 1 delegate (lost 2 delegates)
Klobuchar 2.5% 0 delegates.
Sanders upsets frontrunner Biden, who has yet to win a primary. As O'Rourke didn't win, Biden is still the frontrunner. Biden loses 1pt for SC and NV for losing as the frontrunner, but he loses the deficit by keeping frontrunner status. O'Rourke loses the "challenger" moniker to Sanders. As such, O'Rourke loses 1pt for SC and NV and Sanders gains 3pts for SC and NV for taking the challenger moniker, for winning NH, and for defeating a frontrunner . Klobuchar came in dead last in NH, so she will lose 1pt in all Demographics for SC and NV, and she is encouraged to drop out. 
 
New Hampshire Republican Primary: 
 
Christian Voters
Trump 4+3=7
Kasich 2+1+5=8
Cruz 5+4=9
Rubio 3+4=7
Paul 3+6=9
Cruz and Paul split the Christian vote. Both Cruz and Paul get 5% of the vote and 1 delegate each. 
 
MAGA Voters
Trump 5-1+1+6=11
Kasich 1+6=7
Cruz 3+2+2=7
Rubio 2+1+6=9
Paul 3+2=5
Trump campaigned hard to replace a temporary loss in MAGA support. It paid off as he scored the highest score possible. Trump gets 15% of the vote and 3 delegates. Rubio gets the remaining 5% and 1 delegate since he defeated the tied 3rd place candidates by two points. 

Libertarian Voters
Trump 2+1=3
Kasich 1+1=2
Cruz 3+1+5=9
Rubio 2+2=4
Paul 5+2=7
Cruz wins 20% and 4 delegates and Paul gets 10% and 2 delegates. 

Old Guard Voters
Trump 1+1=2
Kasich 4+1+5=10
Cruz 2+3=5
Rubio 5+3=8
Paul 1+6=7
Kasich knocks it out of the part with his score. Kasich secures 5% and earns 2 delegates. Rubio and Paul get 2.5% of the vote but no delegates. Paul now has 12.5% with 2 delegates and Rubio has 7.5% with 1 delegate. 

Moderate Voters
Trump 3+1+2=6
Kasich 4+1+5=10
Cruz 1+1=2
Rubio 3+5=8
Paul 2+1=3
Kasich wins 15% and 3 delegates. Rubio wins 5% and 1 delegate. Kasich now has 20% of the vote and 5 delegates. Rubio now has 12.5% and 2 delegates.
 
Misc. Voters
Trump 2
Kasich 3
Cruz 2
Rubio n/a
Paul 4
Paul gets 7.5% of the vote (usually would get 5%) and 2 delegates. Kasich gets 2.5% and no delegates. Since third place was tied, the balance of the 3rd place 2.5% goes to Paul. Paul now has 20% and 7 delegates and Kasich has 22.5% and 5 delegates. 
 
New Hampshire Republican Primary Results:
(delegates are recalculated to align with %)
Kasich 22.5% 7 delegates (gains 2 delegates)
Paul 20% 5 delegates (loses 2 delegates)
Cruz 20% 5 delegates (gains 1 delegate)
Trump 15% 4 delegates (loses 1 delegate)
Rubio 12.5% 2 delegates
Kasich wins a surprise victory, most likely due to endorsements by Romney and Flake. The incumbent president and frontrunner, Trump, is humiliated with a 4th place finish. Regardless, Trump still holds fronrunner status so won't lose a point even though he lost. Kasich wins the "challenger" moniker and will earn 3 extra points in SC and NV for winning, taking the "challenger" moniker, and defeating the frontrunner. Paul and Cruz will also earn 1 extra point for defeating the frontrunner. Rubio will lose 1 pt in all demographic areas in NV and SC for coming in last. He's encouraged to drop out.  
 
In other news:
  • Klobuchar drops out and will endorse the person that shares her strongest demographic with an approximately equal demographic. This candidate is Joe Biden as both have 5 for Loyalists (soon to be renamed "Liberal"). Biden gains an extra point for SC and NV. 
  • Both of Lok's candidates are out of the game. 

Up next: Primary Debate!

Winner gets 1pt for SC and NV.  Please post your candidates's actions. Who will they attack and on what demographic will they attack them? 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie spends 2 out of 3 points on Hispanics/Asians and 1 on Black in NV and SC

Rand spends his point on Christians in NV and SC 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Bernie spends 2 out of 3 points on Hispanics/Asians and 1 on Black in NV and SC

Rand spends his point on Christians in NV and SC 

It's not time to spend points. We are doing the debate. Pick an opponent and attack them on a demographic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry. 

Bernie attacks Gillibrand on Hispanic/Asians

Rand attacks Trump on Christians

Link to post
Share on other sites

(I would probably say Christians should be first in SC with Old Guard in the 2nd tier with MAGA @vcczar)

Biden attacks O'Rourke on Liberal voters.

Cruz attacks Trump on MAGA voters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

(I would probably say Christians should be first in SC with Old Guard in the 2nd tier with MAGA @vcczar)

Biden attacks O'Rourke on Liberal voters.

Cruz attacks Trump on MAGA voters.

I might. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

O'Rourke attacks Biden's support with Loyalists (Liberals...will call it loyalists for the rest of this playthrough for the sake of consistency, but I will change the name on version 2.0)

We just need @ThePotatoWalrus to let us know who Trump and Gabbard attack during the debates and what demographic they go after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vcczar said:

O'Rourke attacks Biden's support with Loyalists (Liberals...will call it loyalists for the rest of this playthrough for the sake of consistency, but I will change the name on version 2.0)

We just need @ThePotatoWalrus to let us know who Trump and Gabbard attack during the debates and what demographic they go after. 

I've been reading through the doc, I think changing Old Guard to Neocons and then changing up the scores for the Neocon vote is probably smart. Ditto for changing "The Left" to Progressives. I would love to talk through some of the state rankings and scores for the newly christened Neocon vote in states and scores among politicians as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I've been reading through the doc, I think changing Old Guard to Neocons and then changing up the scores for the Neocon vote is probably smart. Ditto for changing "The Left" to Progressives. I would love to talk through some of the state rankings and scores for the newly christened Neocon vote in states and scores among politicians as well.

You should have commenting ability in the doc, as does everyone else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...