270soft Forum

Game idea

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Okay, I updated all of their pictures and did a quick check and fixed some typos. I also used auto-replace to change abbreviated items to the full thing for design sake. Ex: Mil - Military. 

I hope that's okay. 

Republicansfinished.docx

Well, you put Justice Harry Blackmun in Rehnquist's card. I will check your portraits now.

16 hours ago, AmericanChaos said:

First attempt at a "meter" card.

Meter Card.docx

This meter card could work, but it would require another card placed over it that is moved up and down on the card. My idea was probably more like a dial. It would have +4 on the top of the card, +3 on the right side of the card, +2 on the bottom, +1 on the left, and the negative version of these numbers on the back of the card or on a separate card. The card would then be turned with the appropriate number on the top. This would require the text being normal on the top of the card, sideways on the two sides, and upside down on the bottom of the card. We could use this and have the cover cards say "Revenue Meter" or whatever meter the cover is for. 

18 hours ago, AmericanChaos said:

Here are the updated cards. Are the character cards finished?

Event Cards.docx

Office Cards.docx

Event cards look good, but military should be changed to legislative events. Military will be with the executive events. Some of the text I put for some of the office cards is now missing for some reason in your updated version (Ambassador, for instance). 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Event cards look good, but military should be changed to legislative events. Military will be with the executive events. Some of the text I put for some of the office cards is now missing for some reason in your updated version (Ambassador, for instance). 

I will change it to Legislative. I may change the icons around a bit. We'll see what it looks like when I'm finished. I will fix the glitched cards right now. I will mess around with the Meter card, and fix it to your specifications. 

6 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

I will change it to Legislative. I may change the icons around a bit. We'll see what it looks like when I'm finished. I will fix the glitched cards right now. I will mess around with the Meter card, and fix it to your specifications. 

I found more traits to add to the politicians, but I'll do that after Event cards are completely finished. I'm working on the info for the Event Cards. 

3 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Fixed the Office Cards, and fixed the Military Card to say Legislative, and made their logos match up with the icons on the character cards. I'll work on the meter card shortly.

Office Cards.docx

Event Cards.docx

Excellent, looks great!

7 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Updated Meter Card!

The front with the positives would have the Meter Type. Ex: Revenue. 
The back will display "Meter Card" in the same font and color as the other card backs. 

Meter Card.docx

That looks good. Just so people know what meter it is when it is on its back, maybe make the middle part say what kind of meter it is "Revenue" and then put "meter" in the gray area? Alternatively, I could just call them "Revenue Meter" "Military Power Meter".

35 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Okay, here's a tweaked version, using revenue as the example.

Meter Card.docx

I’ll check it out when I get off work. It doesn’t show up properly on my phone. Did you ever add Rehnquist’s photo to the Reps? If you want, and have the time, you could add photos for the Dems and Inds. I’m going to work on more of the events when I get off work. I hope to have them finished by the end of tomorrow and ready to place on the event card templates.

I’d say we are about a week or two away from testing out the game if all goes smoothly. I hope @Hestia11 and @Reagan04 are interested in testing the game out. I’m not sure how we will test it out yet.  I may have to type out all the visible cards and we operate via a Google Doc, typing out what we choose to do. Alternatively, we can use Skype. Google doc would allow people to take part without being online at the same time. One doc for the actions. One doc for the cards in play and those that are available. I would do most of the typing, everyone else would just type their actions.  We need at least 4 people.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I’ll check it out when I get off work. It doesn’t show up properly on my phone. Did you ever add Rehnquist’s photo to the Reps? If you want, and have the time, you could add photos for the Dems and Inds. I’m going to work on more of the events when I get off work. I hope to have them finished by the end of tomorrow and ready to place on the event card templates.

I’d say we are about a week or two away from testing out the game if all goes smoothly. I hope @Hestia11 and @Reagan04 are interested in testing the game out. I’m not sure how we will test it out yet.  I may have to type out all the visible cards and we operate via a Google Doc, typing out what we choose to do. Alternatively, we can use Skype. Google doc would allow people to take part without being online at the same time. One doc for the actions. One doc for the cards in play and those that are available. I would do most of the typing, everyone else would just type their actions.  We need at least 4 people.

I don’t have skype but if it was a doc yeah I’d be interested 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I would happily test it.

27 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

I could probably participate.

I will do Dems and Inds ASAP.

Thanks. Yeah, it wouldn't be too much typing for anyone, except for me. I'm going to try an make the participation part for you @Hestia11 and at @Reagan04 as effortless as possible. The only thing that might be mildly inconvenient for you all is going between two Google Docs to see what actions have occurred (doc 1) and what cards are in play and which are available (doc 2). 

Just now, vcczar said:

Thanks. Yeah, it wouldn't be too much typing for anyone, except for me. I'm going to try an make the participation part for you @Hestia11 and at @Reagan04 as effortless as possible. The only thing that might be mildly inconvenient for you all is going between two Google Docs to see what actions have occurred (doc 1) and what cards are in play and which are available (doc 2). 

No problem at all

@AmericanChaos @Hestia11 @Reagan04

I'm 98% done with the event descriptions and what they do. If I have time tomorrow, I'll be typing it all out on the cards. The Fortuity Cards (formerly called flavor cards) and the Meter Cards are the last cards I have to make. After that I'll type up the preliminary rules, and then we can test. This could all take as little as a week or it might take 2 or 3 weeks. I would delegate some of the work for the events, but I think my notes in the Google Sheet might be hard to follow since it is kind of like shorthand. If anyone wants to help with the other two types of cards, then that will help. 

24 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Ok that's weird. How about now?

Republicans.docx

Perfecto! 

Here's an example of an event card (we may modify the card later in this process for clarity):

I'll tag @Reagan04 @Hestia11 @Conservative Elector 2 as well. P stands for (pro) and A for (Anti). I'll probably change this to Y and N. Passing this gives points to expansionists and takes points from doves and isolationists. A war, like War on Terror may have a difficulty score of 17. This would reduce that difficulty by 1, for instance. It also shows the meter adjustments if it "passes." "Pres + Dice (4)" means that the president's executive skill + a dice roll must equal or exceed 4. Making an executive decision on a troop surge is hard to bungle so it's an easy "pass" for a troop surge. This card becomes very necessary if the president, cabinet, and generals are mostly mediocre or worse. There are other executive and legislative actions that can be done to increase the odds of completing a war. 

TroopSurge.jpg