270soft Forum

What was the smallest margin of votes you lost by?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What was the smallest margin of votes you lost by?

• Even Less

It's been ages now since this, but if anyone's interested from observing behaviour in un-contested areas in PM4E, the winner will be whoever's listed first.

whoever's listed first? so in most cases, the republicans?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The closest thing I've played was this...

draw0ab.png

Despite I nearly won with a majority (only one seat of the majority) -in this case one EV-...and ironically I didn't won the 39 because one of the seats I lost it by two votes...which means with 2 votes...I wouldn't have been fighting for a majority on the Parliament...

Nolan 33% (272 EVS)

Russo 31% (197 EVS)

Badnairk 34% (309 EVS)

Election was tie. I was playing as Gary Nolan.

Final Result: Michael Badnairk wins Libertarian Nomination

• 1 month later...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A COPY OF THE FLORIDA SENATE ELECTION.... THE HARRIS V. NELSON ONE. IT ISN'T ON THE SCENARIO PAGE I CHECK THERE EVERY DAY, IF SOMEONE HAS IT PLEASE SEND IT TO ME PLEASE :-( OR IF YOU HAVE THE LINK OR SOMETHING PLEASE.....

• 2 weeks later...
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A COPY OF THE FLORIDA SENATE ELECTION.... THE HARRIS V. NELSON ONE. IT ISN'T ON THE SCENARIO PAGE I CHECK THERE EVERY DAY, IF SOMEONE HAS IT PLEASE SEND IT TO ME PLEASE :-( OR IF YOU HAVE THE LINK OR SOMETHING PLEASE.....

What's your e-mail address?

• 1 month later...

mccain.JPG

Played as Richardson in the scenario Red Moon. In the beginning I was losing almost every state except for like Vermont. I started negative ads very early and almost all of my policy speeches were negative.

I played as Hillary against McCain in the same scenario and I lost in a landslide. :( But I didn't do the negative campaigning, so that explains it.

Could someone please send me the Florida Senate 2006 scenario?Thanks.

Anyway I got plenty of counties won or lost by less than 10 votes in the Washington Governor scenario,got some images I'll post someday.

Not quite sure what the fascination that a few of you have with the Florida scenario is, since it's going to be a blow-out, but if you post your e-mail I'll send it your way.

And a shameless plug - the Washington Governor scenario was designed by yours truly. :D

I'm thinking of making a Washington Senate one for this year, but there's a lot of other scenarios (mainly US House) that I'd like to get to first and right now with school and the real campaigns starting up, scenario making isn't high on my list of priorites to begin with...

Not quite sure what the fascination that a few of you have with the Florida scenario is, since it's going to be a blow-out, but if you post your e-mail I'll send it your way.

And a shameless plug - the Washington Governor scenario was designed by yours truly. :D

I'm thinking of making a Washington Senate one for this year, but there's a lot of other scenarios (mainly US House) that I'd like to get to first and right now with school and the real campaigns starting up, scenario making isn't high on my list of priorites to begin with...

Sorry,I forgot to put it in my other message,my email is italian-boy[AT]hotmail.it

You did a very nice job with the Washington governor scenario,that's one I really like. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Many times now I've tried taking Ralph Nader or Michael Badnarik and having them run and campaign in just one state to see if it was in fact possible for them to win a state, but I'd never been succesful. Until just now:

badnariknewhamp.jpg

Very satisfying. But what was also very interesting about this game was the final results:

badnariknomajor.jpg

No electoral majority due to the third party win, and Kerry captured the popular vote while having fewer electoral votes. GOP House meant Bush got elected of course, so in real life I would've been pissed (although it may not have gone down like that, there's really no way to tell).

I'm inclined to say the third parties should try this strategy at least once. If they actually do win a state, or come close to it, they'd get a lot of media attention just because of the fascination with it. Better than doing what they've been doing in presidential campaigns recently which has been garnering zero media attention. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was the playing the primaries, and it was me(Gingrich) verses MArk Warner. I won the popular vote by 10 mil, but I lost in New Jersey by only 2 votes. and therefore lost the general election. X( I'm still banging my head in the wall.

Only *BAM* by *BAM* 2 *BAM* F-ing *BAM* votes!!! *BAM*