Jump to content
270soft Forum

Trump and Obama by the Numbers


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

So you reject an afterlife like Tzadok (founder of the Saducees according to Pharisee sources) and Epicurus?

idk who those are but I am a Christian lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

idk who those are but I am a Christian lol

Matthew 16:28 "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man (i.e Jesus) coming in his kingdom."

Jesus said he'd return during his followers lifetimes. He can't mean an afterlife because it says some and not all and if he meant an afterlife he'd have said "all" because there'd be no reason only some would be there if he was referring to an afterlife.

Also, in Christian doctrine if one does all the good in the world but doesn't believe in Jesus they go to hell but vice versa if they do. How is that just?

@ThePotatoWalrus

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I want @ThePotatoWalrus to answer the question when so far he's been cowering away in fear.

Maybe @Reagan04 can provide an answer since @ThePotatoWalrus is obviously incapable.

I now tend to shy away from debate, religious and political, on clunky forums such as these which are incapable are providing a proper medium and are not meant for such pursuits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I now tend to shy away from debate, religious and political, on clunky forums such as these which are incapable are providing a proper medium and are not meant for such pursuits.

What exactly is a "proper medium" in your definition?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

I now tend to shy away from debate, religious and political, on clunky forums such as these which are incapable are providing a proper medium and are not meant for such pursuits.

I am now quickly coming to see @Reagan04's reasoning and wisdom here, even though I disagree with him on most things. This is nothing but a headache. I am returning to my statement (hopefully I can stick with it this time) of devoting most of my time on these forums to designing scenarios and providing advice, resources, and playtest for other people's scenarios. These endless socio-political, economic, and religious are frankly becoming very futile, repetitive, and pointless, and it's not like anyone here is going to change anyone else here's point-of-view on these things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

I am now quickly coming to see @Reagan04's reasoning and wisdom here, even though I disagree with him on most things. This is nothing but a headache. I am returning to my statement (hopefully I can stick with it this time) of devoting most of my time on these forums to designing scenarios and providing advice, resources, and playtest for other people's scenarios. These endless socio-political, economic, and religious are frankly becoming very futile, repetitive, and pointless, and it's not like anyone here is going to change anyone else here's point-of-view on these things.

One could make the case from that perspective that all debate is pointless as "it's not like anyone here is going to change anyone else here's point-of-view on these things" can apply to any forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

One could make the case from that perspective that all debate is pointless as "it's not like anyone here is going to change anyone else here's point-of-view on these things" can apply to any forum.

Well, you can debate that, and all manner of other semantics, with yourself till you're blue in the face. I'm moving to a more productive phase of activity on these forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

I want @ThePotatoWalrus to answer the question when so far he's been cowering away in fear.

Maybe @Reagan04 can provide an answer since @ThePotatoWalrus is obviously incapable.

"Cowering away in fear" lmao kk bro meet me IRL

I don't really like discussing religious topics since more of it is based upon belief than facts (i'm a Lutheran Christian). Politics are open game though if you wanna ask anything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

"Cowering away in fear" lmao kk bro meet me IRL

I don't really like discussing religious topics since more of it is based upon belief than facts (i'm a Lutheran Christian). Politics are open game though if you wanna ask anything else.

W.K Clifford “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.” It's epistemic responsibility 101.

Anyhow, why are you pro-abortion?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

W.K Clifford “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.” It's epistemic responsibility 101.

Anyhow, why are you pro-abortion?

Because I realize that a piece of paper that says it is illegal will do absolutely nothing to stop people from obtaining an illegal and unsafe one. Also because I believe the government shouldn't regulate the human body.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Because I realize that a piece of paper that says it is illegal will do absolutely nothing to stop people from obtaining an illegal and unsafe one. Also because I believe the government shouldn't regulate the human body.

Is a fetus life or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Because I realize that a piece of paper that says it is illegal will do absolutely nothing to stop people from obtaining an illegal and unsafe one. 

One could also make the same case for decriminalizing any crime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Not really murder but sure. Depends how far along it is.

Since you seem to be a classical utilitarian, what would be immoral about a surgeon killing you and harvesting your organs to save 5 people who need organ transplants to live?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

Since you seem to be a classical utilitarian, what would be immoral about a surgeon killing you and harvesting your organs to save 5 people who need organ transplants to live?

Irrelevant 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Irrelevant 

It is very relevant to classical utilitarianism which you seem to hold by. In a utilitarian scenario if your death will save 5 people it makes sense to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

It is very relevant to classical utilitarianism which you seem to hold by. In a utilitarian scenario if your death will save 5 people it makes sense to do so.

Nah b I aint a utilitarian 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the issue of abortion,I am pro choice only because of it's a safe way to do things. My grandmother was part of the "Women of Jane",and it was a victory for her and every women when Roe v Wade was put into affect. Safe is better than risky. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...